Biden warns Xi of 'consequences' for backing Russia, both call for peace in Ukraine

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Biden warns Xi of 'consequences' for backing Russia, both call for peace in Ukraine
Ukraine has added a new front in a US-Chinese relationship already at its worst level in decades.
By REUTERS
Published: MARCH 18, 2022

US President Joe Biden warned Chinese leader Xi Jinping on Friday there would be 'consequences' if Beijing gave material support to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the White House said, while both sides stressed the need for a diplomatic solution to the crisis. In a video call that lasted just under two hours at a time of deepening acrimony between the world's two biggest powers, Biden detailed efforts of the United States and its allies to respond to the invasion, including by imposing costs on Russia.

"He described the implications and consequences if China provides material support to Russia as it conducts brutal attacks against Ukrainian cities and civilians," the White House said in statement, adding that Biden "underscored his support for a diplomatic resolution to the crisis."

China's foreign ministry said Xi told Biden the war in Ukraine must end as soon as possible and called on NATO nations to hold a dialog with Moscow. He did not, however, assign blame to Russia for the invasion. "The top priorities now are to continue dialog and negotiations, avoid civilian casualties, prevent a humanitarian crisis, cease fighting and end the war as soon as possible," Xi said.

more............... https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-701697

mattfivefour

China owns Joe ... and a lot of other leaders, both political and corporate. The public warnings, etc, are merely theater for the public's consumption. The realities are quite different. What is important is that God is in control of what is really happening and that we each have been placed here at this time, in whatever place we are and with whatever gifts we have, for the furtherance of the gospel in the final days of this Age.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I don't believe Joe talked for 2 hours, I don't believe Xi would listen to Biden bumble and stumble along rambling for 2 hours, if anything this is blown up bigger than it should be to impress people that he(Bumbler) is a big player involved in world events on the big stage. Just like a photo I saw of him signing some $$ bill(can't spend enough$$) and he looked all Presidential with everything on his desk positioned in a certain way while signing the document, and in the background a big picture of Xi on the wall, all hype.

Lovin Jesus

I can just see Joe giving Xi his consequences. He will send over a flat of 8 billion dollars and send arms to China so they can attack Taiwan. Sounds just like Joe

NewWine2020

I bet China is just shaking in fear.

The way our nation and many of it's industries have virtually shackled ourselves to the Chinese govt, this probably comes off to the Chinese govt about as threatening as a teenager throwing a tantrum because Dad won't let them borrow the car.

'That's cute. You know we basically OWN you, right?"

If we had a different President/party in place, perhaps this COULD have been the kick in the pants the USA needed to truly divest ourselves of China's strings attached money/all their cheap junk consumer products and bring our production of goods back home where it belongs.

We don't need China.

We support the lawful govt of China...which is in exile in Taiwan.

lismore

I bet China is just shaking in fear.
If China doesn't play ball Joe Biden is going to put out another robust press release. If Putin crosses any more red lines Biden is ready to draw more red lines. :)

Reactions: Len