Biden, McCarthy have tentative US debt ceiling deal

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Biden, McCarthy have tentative US debt ceiling deal
Biden and McCarthy held a 90-minute phone call earlier on Saturday evening to discuss the deal.
By REUTERS

US President Joe Biden and top congressional Republican Kevin McCarthy have reached a tentative deal to raise the federal government's $31.4 trillion debt ceiling, ending a months-long stalemate. However, the deal was described in terms that indicated it may not be absolute, and without any celebration -- an indication of the bitter tenor of the negotiations, and the difficult path it has to pass through Congress before the United States runs out of money to pay its debts in early June.

"I just got off the phone with the president a bit ago. After he wasted time and refused to negotiate for months, we've come to an agreement in principle that is worthy of the American people," McCarthy tweeted.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/american-politics/article-744389

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The national debt will probably go into default after the Rapture. There will be many fewer taxpayers and tax revenue will tank. You do NOT want to be left behind.

Lack of tax-funded services and entitlements will be the least of the problems and worries for those left behind. However, this lack lends itself to a fine carrot that can be employed as an alternative to the blade to "encourage" taking of the mark.

The Tribulation is temporal. Although coming to saving faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior to avoid getting left behind and facing the Tribulation is good, coming to saving faith and going to Heaven and living forever instead of going to Hell and dying forever is a much, much bigger consideration. Eternity is a very long time.

Anyone, who is reading this and has been left behind, it's not too late to come to saving faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. But do not delay because hundreds of millions or even billions of people are going to die during the Tribulation, and odds not good to survive the whole Tribulation, especially as a Christian. Do not take the mark, even if so doing costs you your life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:16-18, KJV

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6, KJV

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Revelation 13, KJV

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 14:9-11, KJV

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:
20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
Romans 4:2-25, KJV

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
Ephesians 6:11-20, KJV

:pray :pray :amen :amen

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9, KJV

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 John 1:8-10, King James Version (KJV)

Dear God, my Maker (Creator) and Redeemer (Savior), I poor, miserable sinner, confess unto You that I am, by nature, sinful and unclean, and I have sinned against You by thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I confess unto You all my sins and iniquities with which I have ever offended You, and justly deserved Your temporal and eternal punishment. I am heartily sorry for them and I sincerely repent of them, and I pray You of Your boundless mercy, and for the sake of the holy, innocent, bitter sufferings and death of Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ, to be gracious and merciful and forgive me, a poor sinful being. I accept Jesus Christ as God's Son and my Savior and ask Him into my heart, and I accept the gift of forgiveness and eternal life, which He purchased for me by His atoning death on the cross. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

The basic tenets of the Christian faith are outlined in the Apostle's Creed:

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,* born of the
virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He
descended into hell. The third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From thence He will come to judge
the living** and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,* the holy Christian Church, the communion of saints, the
forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

* The Holy Spirit is also known as The Holy Ghost
** The living is stated as the quick in older versions of the Apostle's Creed.

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 23, KJV

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Psalm 46, KJV

Bethlehem57

The national debt will probably go into default after the Rapture. There will be many fewer taxpayers and tax revenue will tank. You do NOT want to be left behind.
I believe that the only thing holding the US up from what should be a banking catastrophe is the Holy Spirit, acting on behalf of the Lord. I pray that this stays in place until we are raptured.

So many are struggling even with a two income family, people who were somewhat comfortably retired are not, and we have a madman that wants to give illegals social security that’s already at breaking point. Our DD asked me this morning about when the recession might come to an end. Yes, this is the same DD II’ve asked for prayer for. She was saved, but has wandered. My response…..I’m not sure if it will, that is unless God should delay and allow revival and a fair election in 2024. At least I didn’t get an eye roll this time.

The Rapture May be the catalyst for what should have already happened to Americ’s economy.

Andy C

Even though leadership has agreed on this “deal”, getting the GOP members of the House to vote for this is another challenge. Changes will be forced, then the bill will have to make it through the Senate, where some from both parties are hesitant to support what Biden and the Speaker agreed on.

Hold on to your hats, its going to get uglier.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Even though leadership has agreed on this “deal”, getting the GOP members of the House to vote for this is another challenge. Changes will be forced, then the bill will have to make it through the Senate, where some from both parties are hesitant to support what Biden and the Speaker agreed on.

I wonder what the deal is they agreed on?

jab777

Yep and from what I can tell McCarthy got rolled. He couldn’t even get those 80k new IRS agents tasked with harassing the poor and middle class eliminated. That should have been a non negotiable.

Andy C

There needs to be a lot of change. From what little I've seen we'd be better off defaulting now than passing that bill into law.
When you only control the House, you cant expect too much, or it wont pass. However, at the same time, they need to dig in this week and fight for every dollar spent, and make some cuts. The GOP house members are splintered into many voting blocks, and herding all those cats has never been easy for any GOP speaker.

RaptureReady

Dancing with my Father God in Fields of Grace
I can't help but think that all of this debt ceiling fiasco is somehow tied into the 7/1/23 implementation of the CBDC. IMHO, this would be a perfect excuse to sell the CBDC to the unsuspecting world, even though we probably won't see it put into full practice for a few months as they ease us into it. (Or, this could just be the ramblings of an early morning brain that is still foggy from sleep and hasn't had enough coffee yet. :shrug) I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel real good about this situation. My husband and I both feel like the bottom is about to drop out from under all of us, but we have put our faith in the Lord to see us through whatever evil TPTB are getting ready to serve up.

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I can't help but think that all of this debt ceiling fiasco is somehow tied into the 7/1/23 implementation of the CBDC. IMHO, this would be a perfect excuse to sell the CBDC to the unsuspecting world, even though we probably won't see it put into full practice for a few months as they ease us into it.

Once the FedNow launches, I think the official estimate for full practice is 5 years. It'll be voluntary for banks to participate initially. It'll be interesting to see how many volunteer early on since the end game is to centralize under one bank, the Federal Reserve. So banks that participate are stepping into their own end game.

I personally think that the FedNow launch will go more smoothly without the chaos of Federal govmint default.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Heritage Foundation: Here Are the Real Losers in the Debt Ceiling Agreement​

As the deal to raise the debt ceiling and avert a default on America's debt moves forward through Congress, the Heritage Foundation released a statement from its president, Kevin Roberts, panning the agreement between House Speaker Kevin McCarthy's (R-CA) team and President Joe Biden, chastising Republican lawmakers for what he says was a missed opportunity to "protect families" and cut government spending.

"At a time when Americans are struggling to balance their budgets as the cost of gas, groceries, and childcare continue to rise, Republicans had a real chance to protect families and fight sky-high inflation and interest rates by cutting government spending," Roberts said in the statement released Monday afternoon after the text of the debt deal was circulated.

"Republicans entered negotiations with a strong hand, having passed the Limit, Save, Grow Act in April," Roberts continued. "Their plan paired robust spending cuts and pro-growth policies with a modest debt limit increase—giving Americans back $4 for every dollar of increased federal debt. While President Biden demanded a blank check and refused to negotiate, House Republicans passed the only proposal to raise the debt ceiling in Congress," Roberts rightly noted. "Sadly, that leverage was given away in closed-door negotiations."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spenc...mericans-lose-out-in-debt-limit-deal-n2623831

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

McCarthy-Biden debt ceiling deal passes big procedural hurdle in the House​

Story by Elizabeth Elkind • 3h ago

"The debt ceiling deal struck by President Biden and Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., passed a critical hurdle Tuesday night that should allow House lawmakers to vote on the agreement Wednesday evening.

The House Rules Committee approved the terms of debate for the legislation implementing that agreement in an 7-6 vote Tuesday evening. A successful vote wasn't a sure thing, as three Republican members of the committee had indicated either opposition or possible opposition to the agreement.

Republicans hold a 9-4 advantage in the Rules Committee, which means if three Republicans voted against it along with every Democrat, the bill cementing the Biden-McCarthy deal could not have been considered on the House floor.

But in the final committee vote, only Reps. Ralph Norman, R-S.C., and Chip Roy, R-Texas, voted against it, along with all four Democrats. That allowed it to pass and set up votes on the House floor Wednesday."

More
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...ig-procedural-hurdle-in-the-house/ar-AA1bUIPb

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Back