Biden developing plan for Russia-Ukraine crisis

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Moscow may be planning a large-scale military offensive for the end of January, Ukraine's defense minister, Oleksii Reznikov cited intelligence reports as suggesting.
By REUTERS
Published: DECEMBER 4, 2021

US President Joe Biden said on Friday he is developing comprehensive initiatives to make it difficult for Russian President Vladimir Putin to invade Ukraine and that he would not accept Moscow's "red lines," as fears mounted that the simmering conflict could erupt into war. A video teleconference between the two leaders is anticipated within days. More than 94,000 Russian troops are massed near Ukraine's borders, said Ukraine's defense minister, Oleksii Reznikov, who cited intelligence reports suggesting Moscow may be planning a large-scale military offensive for the end of January.

Moscow, in turn, has accused Ukraine and the United States of destabilizing behavior and suggested Kyiv might be preparing to launch its own offensive in eastern Ukraine, which the Ukrainian authorities deny. "What I am doing is putting together what I believe to be the most comprehensive and meaningful set of initiatives to make it very, very difficult for Mr. Putin to go ahead and do what people are worried he's going to do," Biden said, without going into detail.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/international/biden-developing-plan-for-russia-ukraine-crisis-687793

Lynn

Longing for Home
"What I am doing is putting together what I believe to be the most comprehensive and meaningful set of initiatives to make it very, very difficult for Mr. Putin to go ahead and do what people are worried he's going to do," said Biden.
Not so fast! Even 'way back in the primaries, Mr. Biden was unable to string together this many words. Who's fooling who here? :hmmm
Ok, let me guess. (MSM)

SkyRider

If they do invade the Ukraine, what better time would there be for China to launch its invasion of Taiwan? The world and the UN will be presumably preoccupied with how to deal with Putin and his ambitions and won't able to cope with two crisis happening concurrently. I wouldn’t be surprised if Vlad the Bad and Xi of China have even planned for such a scenario.

athenasius

Why does Russia want/need to take over the Ukraine?
1; Oil pipelines. This article explains the Ukrainian's complaint about Russia and the gas pipeline situation but it also highlights WHY Russia want's the Ukraine. https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/...ansit-the-only-goal-of-nord-stream-2-vitrenko

2: Ease of access to warm water ports on the former USSR's southern borders on the Black Sea, just across from Turkey.

And that last point is also very important. The Ukraine and Belarus to the north are the 2 territories Russia is working on regaining. Putin has made it clear in the past that the breakup of the USSR was a national tragedy and he would work to undo that.

Russia over millennia has used countries like the Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and others as a shield from invaders. It's deep into their national mindset on these things.

But OIL is the reason that is driving it right now.

Russia doesn't want competition from the Ukraine or from the Israel Cyprus Greece pipeline in the makings. They want to corner that market. The Ukraine threatens that.

GotGrace

Moscow may be planning a large-scale military offensive for the end of January, Ukraine's defense minister, Oleksii Reznikov cited intelligence reports as suggesting.
By REUTERS

US President Joe Biden said on Friday he is developing comprehensive initiatives to make it difficult for Russian President Vladimir Putin to invade Ukraine and that he would not accept Moscow's "red lines," as fears mounted that the simmering conflict could erupt into war. A video teleconference between the two leaders is anticipated within days. More than 94,000 Russian troops are massed near Ukraine's borders, said Ukraine's defense minister, Oleksii Reznikov, who cited intelligence reports suggesting Moscow may be planning a large-scale military offensive for the end of January.

Moscow, in turn, has accused Ukraine and the United States of destabilizing behavior and suggested Kyiv might be preparing to launch its own offensive in eastern Ukraine, which the Ukrainian authorities deny. "What I am doing is putting together what I believe to be the most comprehensive and meaningful set of initiatives to make it very, very difficult for Mr. Putin to go ahead and do what people are worried he's going to do," Biden said, without going into detail.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/international/biden-developing-plan-for-russia-ukraine-crisis-687793
Lord help us.

Footsteps

We’re running out of bases to abandon in the area.
I don’t think we will bombard anyone with MREs, but we may drop leaflets showing pictures of MREs. This is the latest from the person in charge: Jen Psnarky.

Bethlehem57

By REUTERS

Biden + plan = more disaster for Americans!

Lord Jesus come quickly!