Biden administration resumes planning for oil and gas drilling leases on federal lands

Lovin Jesus

The Department of the Interior announced Friday that it will resume planning for the issuance of leases for oil and gas drilling on federal lands.

The move comes two days after a federal appeals court decision temporarily allowing the agency to use the Biden administration's increased social cost of carbon, or SCC, in its decision-making process for leasing.

With this ruling, the Department continues its planning for responsible oil and gas development on America’s public lands and waters,” Interior Department spokeswoman Melissa Schwartz said in a statement, per Bloomberg. “Calculating the social cost of greenhouse gas emissions provides important information that has been part of the foundation of the work the Interior Department has undertaken over the past year.”

The department did not specify when it would begin issuing new leases and permits. Prior to the February court ruling blocking the administration from using the increased SCC figure, the department's Bureau of Land Management had been preparing for lease sales in several states, according to Reuters.

More
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-oil-and-gas-drilling-leases-on-federal-lands

Footsteps

Why resume planning? Just pick up where you stopped the process. Are these the steps-?
1. Invite public comments.
2. Plan review of public comments.
3. Perform review of public comments.
4. Appoint Select Congressional Committee to investigate validity and conflicts of interest in public comments.
5. Ask whether the State/City in which arson and looting have begun in response to drilling prospects need the National Guard called in.
6. Have John Kerry and Anthony Fauci appear before Congress to discuss their areas of expertise so no one can claim their brainless views were not heard.
7. Have Psnarky assure the press corps that the administration is laser focused on this issue.
8. Have magician David Blaine prepare a statistical chart proving that these leases would be of no benefit.
9. Have Pete Buttigieg state that more people need to take the bus.
10. Recess!

Hidden

Why resume planning? Just pick up where you stopped the process. Are these the steps-?
4. Appoint Select Congressional Committee to investigate validity and conflicts of interest in public comments.
5. Ask whether the State/City in which arson and looting have begun in response to drilling prospects need the National Guard called in.
6. Have John Kerry and Anthony Fauci appear before Congress to discuss their areas of expertise so no one can claim their brainless views were not heard.
7. Have Psnarky assure the press corps that the administration is laser focused on this issue.
8. Have magician David Blaine prepare a statistical chart proving that these leases would be of no benefit.
10. Recess!

Just another long-winded way of misleading the public. The left are good at it.

depserv

I still remember in the immediate aftermath of the Biden coup seeing video of him sitting with an insane smile on his face signing one executive order after another; I'd say American oil industries being hamstrung is very likely a result of that (though I don't know the details). So all he has to do is undo what he did then, and it shouldn't take any longer to undo it than it did to do it.

If he really did want to return America to energy independence he knows how to do it. As a lifelong political hack though he also knows how to pretend to do something while not really making any attempt to do it. We've all run across people like that in the workplace; Biden and his team are no different, except that the consequences of the Biden betrayals are far more severe, and as long as our political system remains corrupted we can't fire them.

There is no doubt in my mind that Biden and his cronies want Americans impoverished, as I have mentioned many times before, because it is much easier to sell a communist government (in a series of little steps) to impoverished people.

Shannon70

10. Recess!
On point

Footsteps

I still remember in the immediate aftermath of the Biden coup seeing video of him sitting with an insane smile on his face signing one executive order after another; I'd say American oil industries being hamstrung is very likely a result of that (though I don't know the details). So all he has to do is undo what he did then, and it shouldn't take any longer to undo it than it did to do it.

If he really did want to return America to energy independence he knows how to do it. As a lifelong political hack though he also knows how to pretend to do something while not really making any attempt to do it. We've all run across people like that in the workplace; Biden and his team are no different, except that the consequences of the Biden betrayals are far more severe, and as long as our political system remains corrupted we can't fire them.

There is no doubt in my mind that Biden and his cronies want Americans impoverished, as I have mentioned many times before, because it is much easier to sell a communist government (in a series of little steps) to impoverished people.
If government had to make a profit that’s exactly what would happen. Turn the switches you turned OFF back ON. It’s wasteful enough to reinvent the wheel. A Federal career proved that to me. But when you can’t agree that wheels roll, you can increase the size and cost of government exponentially, hiring theorists like Fauci to expand the search for truth into galaxies that we are not certain even exist. I once had to complete an environmental review on a homeless shelter that had been operating for about 25 years. Reason? Their lot once had a dry cleaner business on it. No one could remember the cleaner. The City refused to perform the “review” putting it in my lap. The legal gymnastics cost more than the theatrical process of documenting that present and former clients who were not sick were, arguably, “well” although I had to certify that my agency took no position on that issue, nor whether former clients of the shelter were environmentally unimpaired despite having no death certificates that gave “cause of death” as “residuals of fabric softener”.