Biblical Numbers Pathway To Mankind's Actual History

Carl

Did you take time to eat and sleep while preparing this history lesson Luke?

Yes carbon 14 dating has its problems when trying to read to the nearest second. If I recall correctly wasn't there some news that with the sun's latest activity that some particle/radiation was not acting according to expectations? That could also be part of radiation dating inaccuracies.

And we all know that history is written by winners. And that history can magnify facts for glamor and make the good guys look really good!

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Archaeologists are making interesting discoveries in the Middle-East uncovering Biblical cities in Israel which support our Bible in these last days. Lets pray people open their eyes, find the truth and come to Jesus Christ as we know he will soon be calling us home.
Yes! Let us indeed pray for the unsaved. And let us be willing to be despised and rejected by others for proclaiming the full gospel for the sake of those who will accept it.

Aneriz

Hi Lujack. Very interesting postings.

Did you use the Handbook of Biblical Chronology by Finegan? If not what sources did you reference?

Thanks!

Lujack Skylark

Hi Lujack. Very interesting postings.

Did you use the Handbook of Biblical Chronology by Finegan? If not what sources did you reference?

Thanks!
Bishop Ussher had Adam's creation marked at 4004 B.C. and Abraham's birth at 1996 B.C. I have Adam's creation at 4000 B.C. and Abraham's birth at 1992 B.C.

The Biblical numbers are then shown in the research on post #1. We know Solomon's Temple destruction was in 586 B.C. and tracing the Judah kings reign of years backwards in the book of kings Solomon's actual reign is 1019-979 B.C. so Solomon's 4th year is 1015 B.C. (1 Kings 6:1) 480 years after the Exodus so the Exodus is 1495 B.C. when Moses is 80 years old so Moses was born in 1575 B.C.

Abraham lived 1992-1817 B.C. Isaac 1892-1712 B.C. Jacob 1832-1685 B.C. Jacob entered Egypt the 2nd year of famine. Joseph was 30 years old when appointed governor. Seven good years and the 2nd year of famine means Joseph was 39 years old when Jacob entered Egypt. (30 + 7 + 2 = 39 years) 1702 B.C. Jacob entered Egypt so Joseph was born in 1741 B.C. and Joseph lived 1741-1631 B.C.

Biblical Chronology 1992 B.C.-586 B.C. with no missing links.

Aneriz

So sorry, I must not have been clear. I asked if you referenced Jack Finegan, not Bishop James Ussher.

Lujack Skylark

So sorry, I must not have been clear. I asked if you referenced Jack Finegan, not Bishop James Ussher.
No. I did not reference Jack Finegan. I followed the Bible. There are 1656 years from Adam's creation to Noah's flood if we literally take the Bible. Noah's flood 2344 B.C. (Genesis 11:10-12:4)Arpachshad born 2342 B.C., Shelah born 2307 B.C., Eber born 2277 B.C., Peleg born 2243 B.C., Reu born 2213 B.C. Serug born 2181 B.C. Nahor born 2151 B.C. Terah Abraham father lives 2122-1917 B.C. (Genesis 11:32 & Genesis 12:4) Abraham was 75 years old when Terah died so Abraham was born in 1992 B.C. Abraham left Haran at age 75.

Genesis 16:3 Abraham is in Canaan 76-86 years. (Genesis 16:16) so Abraham lived in Egypt 75-76th year. This makes Sarah's age 65-66 years old when meeting the older pharoah Pepi II who would be 96-97 years old. It makes sense Sarah would be admired by an older pharoah plus Pepi II had trade with Byblos and Sodom. Explanation on Egyptian chronology is on post #1.

Abraham, simple English Setterfield stated Abraham visited Egypt late in pharaoh Pepi II reign. We know many names on Manetho's dynasty list are legendary, mythical or nomarch's and not kings. Taking out the false dynasties and Pepi II's reign lines up with Abraham's visit to Egypt.

POST ONE IS THE RESEARCH TO FOLLOW. THE RESEARCH HERE SHOWS THE POSSIBILITY ON HOW CIVILIZATIONS AROSE AFTER MANKIND SCATTERED FROM THE TOWER OF BABEL. FROM PELEG'S BIRTH IN 2243 B.C. TO TERAH'S DEATH IN 1917 B.C. ONLY 326 YEARS EXISTED. ACCAD/AKKAD/AGADE EMPIRE (GENESIS 10:10) (2243-2123 B.C.) GUTIUM BARBARIANS BRING DOWN ACCAD (2123-2032 B.C.) ERECH'S KING UTU-KHEGAL BROUGHT DOWN GUTIUM (2032-2025 B.C.) UR-NAMMU SLEW UTU-KHEGAL. UR-NAMMU'S 108 YEAR OLD DYNASTY (2025-1917 B.C.) UR DESTROYED BY ELAMITES SAME YEAR TERAH DIED IN 1917 B.C.

IF ITS HARD TO REASON THERE ARE ONLY 326 YEARS FROM MANKIND LEAVING THE TOWER OF BABEL TO TERAH'S ABRAHAM'S FATHER'S DEATH IN WHICH AKKADIAN, EGYPTIAN, ELAMITE, LAGASH AND UR'S HISTORY MUST OCCUR AFTER MANKIND LEAVES THE TOWER OF BABEL THEN THE RESEARCH GIVEN HERE WILL BE TO HARD TO PLACE THE PIECES TOGETHER AND POST ONE WOULD BE EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. ONLY SCANT HISTORY IS GIVEN FOR THE SUMER CIVILIZATION AND THE HISTORY IS MERELY PIECED TOGETHER BY THEORY ON THE SILVER TRADE, TRADE IN RED GRANITE AND WHITE MARBLE, COMMODITY TRADE IN HONEY, THE CONNECTION WITH TRADE CARRIED OUT WITH EBLA,SYRIA, THE PYGMY TRADE AND OTHER FACTORS.

Do we follow the 326 years and date artifacts after Noah's flood which occured in 2344 B.C.? Mankind left the Tower of Babel in 2243 B.C. If this is true these artifacts should hold interest and I have given some Biblical chronological dates.
Picture-Gallery---Early-Mesopotamia-from-Sumer-to-Assyria---Artifacts--Objects---Sculpture
(1) Sargon I Nimrod (2243-2187 B.C.) of Accad/Akkad/Agade the Genesis 10:10 city Bronze copper bust was found in the Genesis 10:11 city of Nineveh.
(2) Gudea of Lagash (2063-2042 B.C.) Diorite statue. Diorite is mined in Egypt.
(3) Temple of Ninhursag artifacts (2243-2163 B.C.)
(4) Ur-Nammu copper statue (2025-2007 B.C.)
(5) Manishtusu of Akkad artifact (2178-2163 B.C.)
(6) Entemena of Lagash artifacts particularly the Silver Vase (2132-2114 B.C.)
(7) Naramsin of Akkad Victory Stele (2163-2123 B.C.)
(8) Eannatum of Lagash Stele of Vultures (2153-2135 B.C.)
(9) Ur-Nanshe of Lagash artifacts (2183-2158 B.C.)
(10) Ur-Ningirsu of Lagash chlorite statue (2042-2032 B.C.)

Egyptian king Pepi I 2056-2007 B.C. copper statue. Magan=Egypt p. 276 The Sumerians by Samuel Noah Kramer states Ur-Nammu p.277 speaks of a boat returning from Magan (Egypt). Ur-Nammu's copper statue. (2025-2007 B.C. Biblical Time)
Pepy I, Pepi I

The Great Pyramid of Giza The Giza pyramids. There is no evidence they were built by Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure. There is the evidence in post #1 our Bible can be matched by using the history of certain Egyptian kings if we believe in the accuracy of Bible chronology and put aside the Egyptian exaggerated chronology.

Possible Egyptian migration from the Tower of Babel. My theory based on certain archaeological discoveries comparing Egyptian father to son succession with Akkadian king father to son succession.

2243 B.C. Peleg's birth. Peleg name means to divide. Mankind is leaving the Tower of Babel to build nations.
2243-2225 B.C. Djoser/Zoser leads his people from Babel to Egypt. Djoser's priest Imhotep worships Ptah the deified Path-rusim in Genesis 10:14. Square Step pyramid built like ziggurats in Sumer/Shinar. (Speculation on Pathru connection)
STEP PYRAMID FIRST PYRAMID BUILT AFTER NOAH'S FLOOD. IMHOTEP FIRST IMPORTANT EGYPTIAN PRIEST EVER MENTIONED. EGYPTIAN OSIRIS AND PTAH WORSHIP. ALEXANDER HISLOP'S BOOK "THE TWO BABYLONS" STATES OSIRIS WORSHIP WAS NIMROD WORSHIP SO I SPECULATED PTAH WAS THE CORUPTION OF PATH-RU. (PATHRU-SIM. THE SIM=TRIBE) THE MAN'S NAME IN GENESIS 10:14 THEREFORE IS PATH-RU.
2225-2201 B.C. Snef-ru son of Path-ru (Pathru speculation) builds two pyramids in Egypt. (Father to son succession begins with Snefru)
2201-2179 B.C. Khufu son of Snefru. Did he build the Great Pyramid of Giza?
2179-2172 B.C. Khufu's son Redejef reigns.
2172-2148 B.C. Khufu's son Khafre reigns. Did he build the second pyramid at Giza? He has trade with Ebla, Syria.
2148-2122 B.C. Khafre's son Menkaure reigns. Did he build the third pyramid at Giza? Akkadian king Naramsin destroys Ebla, Syria. Eber had built Ebla, Syria (Genesis 10:24-25 & Genesis 11:16) City rebuilt in Pepi I reign over Egypt. Menkaure uses red granite in his building projects and imports white marble from Cythera, Greece. Naramsin invades Egypt called Magan in Sumer texts capturing Manium. (Menkaure) Acquired quarried stones as war booty.*1 (Quarried stones may have been red granite. Lugalkiginnedudu king of Erech used red granite and white marble The Sumerians p.308)
2122-2118 B.C. Menkaure's son Shepseskaf reigns.
2118-2111 B.C. Menkaure's son-in-law Userkaf reigns. Builds Egypt's first sun temple. Userkaf's marble temple cup was found by archaeologist at Cythera, Greece. (Information found in a book about Userkaf's marble cup in Egypt in the making by Michael Rice)

*1 Samuel Noah Kramer. The Sumerians. University of Chicago Press. 1971 Paperback edition. p.276 Manium=Menkaure my theory. Egypt=Magan listed in The Sumerian book.

2111-2098 B.C. Sahure Userkaf's son reigns. Sahure pose at Wadi Maghara Sinai smiting his enemy is exact pose on the Narmer Palette used as a kohl dish. Elamite serpopard Jiroft art appears in Egypt. Starving people from Sahara desert arrive in Egypt. Temple has plumbing. Sahure secures silver from Punt and mixes it with Nubian gold to produce electrum. SILVER NOW USED IN ANCIENT WORLD TRADE.

ø Electrum | Gold Alloys | Coin And Bullion Pages ø article states Sahure hunted for natural electrum while History Channel states Sahure received silver ignots from Punt eastern Africa which had trade with UR since there were no silver mines discovered in all of Africa silver had been imported from UR in Asia. 2127-2093 B.C. Meskalamdug and Akalamdug were kings at UR whom had electrum swords and other electrum artifacts in their graves. Historians debated when these two kings reigned since their names were not on UR's official kings list. Silver imported from Western Asia link.
Ancient Egyptian raw materials: metals - copper, bronze, iron, gold, silver, lead

2098-2068 B.C. General Unas reigns. Starving people appear on his bas relief. Temple columns same size as Sahure's. Unas had an underground bedroom suite equipped with plumbing. (Archaeological truth found in internet article)
2068-2056 B.C. Unas son-in-law Teti reigns
2056-2007 B.C. Teti son Pepi I reigns.
2007-1913 B.C. Pepi I son Pepi II reigns. Egyptian merchants bring him back a pygmy from Central Africa.

Elephantine Dynasty- a co-regency. My theory. The pygmy connection.

2111-2101 B.C. Sahure's brother Neferirkare reigns. (Neferirkare is Sahure's brother)
2101-2093 B.C. Shepseskare reigns. (mere listed reign)
2093-2086 B.C. Neferefre reigns. (mere listed reign)
2086-2055 B.C. Niuserre reigns. (mere listed reign)
2055-2046 B.C. Menkauhor reigns. (mere listed reign)
2046-2007 B.C. Isesi-Djedkare reigns. Egyptian merchants bring him back a pygmy from Central Africa. (Pygmy truth. Co-regency a theory)

This would be the possible Egyptian chronology based on Bible chronology before Pepi II reigns 2007-1913 B.C. Pepi II had trade with Byblos, Sodom and Gomorrah a perfect match with events which would take place in our Bible.

Possible History of Sumer/Shinar/Babylon civilization.

ACCAD/AKKAD/AGADE A GENESIS 10:10 CITY

2243 B.C. Peleg's birth. Peleg name means to divide. Mankind leaves the Genesis 10:10 city of Babel.
2243-2187 B.C. Sargon/Nimrod builds the Genesis 10:10-11 cities of Accad/Akkad/Agade, Erech and Calneh in Sumer and in Assyria Sargon builds Nineveh, Rehoboth, Calah and Resen. Sargon's bronze head was found in Nineveh. Ebla, Syria existed at this time for the language of Ebla is contemporary with Sargon/Nimrod's reign over Sumer/Shinar/Babylon. Eber lived after Peleg Genesis 11:17 2243-1813 B.C and Ebla's language changes in Hammurabi reign 1792-1750 B.C.
https://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/197802/ebla-city.of.the.white.stones.htm SARGON'S DAUGHTER ENHEDUANNA FIRST MOON PRIESTESS OF UR. WROTE OLDEST POEM IN HISTORY AFTER NOAH'S FLOOD.
2187-2178 B.C. Rimush Sargon's son reigns over Akkad in Sumer.
2178-2163 B.C. Manishtusu Sargon's son reigns over Akkad in Sumer.
2163-2123 B.C. Naramsin Sargon's grandson reigns over Akkad in Sumer. Naramsin destroyed Ebla,Syria and Naramsin invaded Egypt called Magan in Sumerian. Sumer poem says Gutium barbarians bring down Naramsin's government.
2123-2032 B.C. The Gutium barbarians control Sumer. Gutium Gudea reigns over Lagash 2063-2042 B.C. Gudea has trade with the rebuilt city of Ebla. Egyptian king Pepi I had trade with the rebuilt city of Ebla. Akkadian king Sharkalishari 2123-2098 B.C. is a Gutium puppet. The Mesopatamian Letters reveal laborers would only work if they were paid in silver during Sharkalishari's reign. SILVER IS VALUED HIGHLY NOW IN ANCIENT WORLD TRADE. Check silver ancient world history for this time period covering Egypt, Erech, Ur and Lagash history. Erech kings were under Gutium reign 2123-2093 B.C.
2032-2025 B.C. Utu-Khegal king of Genesis 10:10 city of Erech reigns over Sumer after the Gutium last chieftain Tirigan is defeated on the battlefield.Ur-Nammu reigns at UR.

http://www.csun.edu/~hcfll004/sumking.html SUMER KING'S LIST PRODUCED IN UTU-KHEGAL'S REIGN.

2025-2007 B.C. Ur-nammu reigns at Ur as king after slaying Utu-Khegal establishing UR 108 year dynasty. Trades with Egyptian king Pepi I.
2007-1960 B.C. Shulgi/Dungi reigns over Ur. Abraham born in time when UR prospers.
1960-1950 B.C. Bur-Sin/Amar-Sin reigns at Ur. Builds House of Honey. Egyptian king Pepi II wife Neith was named Neith after the Bee goddess. Pepi II poured honey over his naked male and female slaves to keep the flies off of him.
1950-1942 B.C. Gimil-Sin's daughter marries an Elamite prince.
1942-1917 B.C. Ibi-Sin reigns over Ur. Abraham family leaves UR in 1925 B.C. some 430 years before the Exodus. Amorites cut off trade with UR's allies in the north and the Elamite king Kindattu/Chedorlaomer 1925-1911 B.C. destroys UR in 1917 B.C. the same year Terah Abraham's father dies in Haran. Abraham slays Kindattu/Chedorlaomer in Genesis 14:17 the very king who destroyed UR was later slain by Abraham. Kindattu's nephew Indattu-Inshushinak becomes new Elamite king in 1911 B.C. only two years after Egyptian king Pepi II dies. Indattu's nickname was "Son of Pepi".

Sir Leonard Woolley gave Sargon reign for 55 years. Rimush reign for 9 years. Didn't believe Manishtusu existed. Gave Naramisin 55 years. Manishtusu did exist for 15 years and Naramsin reign was shorter. Sargon's reign was off by one year.
Sargon's reign 56 years, Rimush 9 years, Manishtusu 15 years and Naramsin 40 years = 120 years. (2243-2123 B.C.)
Archaeologist Leonard Woolley stated the Gutium reigned over Sumer 91 years. (2123-2032 B.C.) Utu-Khegal 7 years. (2032-2025 B.C.) & UR-Nammu UR III dynasty 108 years (2025-1917 B.C.) Given in Biblical chronological time. Woolley had a second UR dynasty listed for 108 years with no kings names mentioned so this UR II dynasty was eliminated from the research.

COMMON SENSE: NIMROD HAD THE WORLD FIRST EMPIRE. (GENESIS 10:10-12) SECULAR HISTORY SARGON I HAD THE WORLD'S FIRST EMPIRE. NIMROD BUILT ACCAD. SARGON I WAS THE FIRST KING OF ACCAD/AKKAD/AGADE. THEY MUST BE THE SAME PERSON. THE OLDEST POEM IN THE WORLD WAS WRITTEN BY SARGON I'S DAUGHTER ENHEDUANNA. THE OLDEST POEM WRITTEN AFTER NOAH'S FLOOD WHEN PEOPLE BEGAN BUILDING CITIES AND NATIONS. ENHEDUANNA HELPED CREATE THE FALSE GODS AND GODDESSES IN SUMER. SHE CONSOLIDATED THE WORSHIP OF GODDESSES BECAUSE SHE HELPED INVENT FALSE WORSHIP IN THE FIRST PLACE.
http://voiceseducation.org/node/141

UR KINGS:

2243-2163 B.C. Mesannapadda & Annapadda reign over UR. Annapadda is the moon priest of UR possibly married to UR priestess Enheduanna Sargon/Nimrod's daughter. (What is known reigns= 80 years) Annapadda built the temple of Ninhursag. (The Sumerians. p.308) Eannatum of Lagash 2153-2135 B.C. was nourished by Ninhursag. (p.309) What is known Annapadda was a priest and Enheduanna was a priestess. BECAUSE ANNAPADDA WAS FIRST TO BUILD THE NINHURSAG TEMPLE LAGASH HISTORY IS TIED TO UR. ANNAPADDA WOULD GRANT LAGASH GOVERNOR UR-NANSHE 2183-2158 B.C. INDEPENDENCE.
Enheduanna - First Author and Poet in the World - Priestess of Inanna
2163-2127 B.C. Meskiagnannar reigns. (What is known he reigned for 36 years)
2127-2093 B.C. Meskalamdug and Akalamdug reign over UR and their graves are discovered at the Royal Tombs of UR when UR was very prosperous before the Gutium took over UR. Electrum swords were found in the graves at UR. Egyptian king Sahure 2011-2098 B.C. has trade with Punt, East Africa and secures both silver and gold. The Egyptians then mix silver and gold to produce electrum. SILVER IS ANCIENT WORLD CURRENCY! (Speculation they reigned at this time in history do to their material wealth in silver and gold which produces electrum but not listed on the UR kings list but their Royal Tombs were found proving they were kings and historians don't know what order to place them)
2093-2068 B.C. Gutium chieftain Elulu reigns over the destroyed city of UR. (Elulu is a Gutium name)
2068-2032 B.C. Gutium chieftain Balulu reigns over the destroyed city of UR.(Assuming Balulu is a Gutium name)
2032-2025 B.C. Erech king Utu-Khegal defeats the Gutium, controls UR and appoints Ur-Nammu as governor who rebuilds the city. (True)

http://www.csun.edu/~hcfll004/sumking.html ERECH'S KING UTU-KHEGAL PRODUCED THE SUMER KING'S LIST.

2025-2007 B.C. Ur-Nammu slays Utu-Khegal and Ur-Nammu establishes UR's 108 year dynasty. Trades with Egypt. (Magan)
2007-1960 B.C. Shulgi/Dungi reigns over a prosperous UR. Abraham is born in 1992 B.C. (True)
1960-1950 B.C. Bur-Sin/Amar-Sin reigns. Builds House of Honey. (True)
1950-1942 B.C. Gimil-Sin reigns and his daughter marries an Elamite prince. (True)
1942-1917 B.C. Ibi-Sin reigns. Abraham's family leaves UR in 1925 B.C. when Haran dies at age 127. The Elamite king Kindattu/Chedorlaomer destroys UR in 1917 B.C. when Terah Abraham's father dies in the city of Haran in 1917 B.C. at age 205. Kindattu the received tribute from Canaan 1925-1913 B.C. (Genesis 14:4-5) In the 14th year (Genesis 14:17) Abraham slays the very Elamite king who had destroyed his hometown of UR. Kindattu's nephew Indattu-Inshushinak comes to power in 1911 B.C. (14th year) Indattu comes to power two years after Egyptian king Pepi II has died. Indattu's nickname is "Son of Pepi". (True. Sutterfield stated Abraham visited Egypt late in Pepi II reign.)

ERECH GENESIS 10:10 CITY:

2243-2218 B.C. Lugalzaggessi reigns over Erech. Rebels against Sargon/Nimrod and Sargon destroys Erech. (Lugalzaggessi listed as Erech king. Power destroyed by Sargon.) LUGALZAGGESSI REIGN OCCURED BEFORE UR-NANSHE 2183-2158 B.C. UR-NANSHE BUILT THE NINGURSU TEMPLE SO LUGALZAGGESSI COULD NOT BE GOING TO WAR AGAINST URUKAGINA TO DESTROY THE GOD NINGURSU'S POWER. LUGALZAGGESSI ACTUAL HISTORY THEN BEGINS ONLY WITH SARGON OF AKKAD.
2118-2198 B.C. The people from Erech help build the city of UR. (Speculation)
2198-2138 B.C. Enshakushanna/Enukduanna reigns over Erech. Enukduanna is Enheduanna's uncle? Enheduanna is now also worshipped as moon priestess over Erech.
2138-2123 B.C. Lugalkiginnedudu is friends with Lagash governor Entemena. Lugalkiginnedudu likely imported his red granite from Egypt and white marble from Greece. (The Sumerians. p.308) Theory of position in Erech kings list and theory about where he acquired his red granite and white marble.

ERECH KINGS UNDER GUTIUM DOMINATION:

2123-2116 B.C. Ur-Nigin (Information found on internet these kings served the Gutium)
2116-2110 B.C. Ur-Gigir
2110-2104 B.C. Kudda
2104-2099 B.C. Puzur-ili
2099-2093 B.C. Ur-Utu

Gutium Chieftains of UR Controlling Erech:

2093-2068 B.C. Elulu reigns. Fought at Akkad after Akkadian king Sharkalishari died in 2098 B.C. Elulu listed as a king having fought against Akkad. (The Sumerians. p.330)
2068-2032 B.C. Balulu reigns. (Assumed name is Gutium.

2032-2025 B.C. Utu-Khegal becomes king of Erech. (Fact)

http://www.csun.edu/~hcfll004/sumking.html UTU-KHEGAL'S REIGN PRODUCED THE SUMER KING'S LIST.

UR kings Controlling Erech:

2025-2007 B.C. Ur-Nammu (Fact all these kings reigned)
2007-1960 B.C. Shulgi/Dungi
1960-1950 B.C. Bur-Sin/Amar-Sin
1950-1942 B.C. Gimil-Sin
1942-1917 B.C. Ibi-Sin

LAGASH GOVERNORS:

2243-2203 B.C. Enhegal may have been the Lagash governor who was defeated by Sargon/Nimrod.
2203-2183 B.C. Lugal-Sha-engur reigns. Lugal-Sha-engur was the high priest of Lagash.
2183-2158 B.C. Ur-Nanshe reigns. Receives independence from UR king Annapadda. BUILT NINGIRSU TEMPLE.
2158-2153 B.C. Akurgal reigns.
2153-2135 B.C. Eannatum reigns. Nourished by goddess Ninhursag! Annapadda of UR 2243-2163 B.C. BUILT THE HOUSE OF NINHURSAG! This chronology is in order! (The Sumerians. p.308-309)
2135-2132 B.C. Enannatum I reigns.
2132-2114 B.C. Entemena reigns. Erech's king Lugalkiginnedudu has trade with Entemena. ENTEMENA HAS SILVER VASE.
2114-2111 B.C. Enannatum II reigns.
2111-2106 B.C. Enetarzi reigns.
2106-2099 B.C. Lugalanda reigns and oppresses his people with high taxes. All taxes paid in silver.
2099-2093 B.C. Urukagina brings just laws to the Lagash people. Silver is abundant in his reign. Its the Gutium and not Lugalzagessi of Erech whom destroy Lagash. SILVER IS ANCIENT WORLD CURRENCY! (Urukagina's position comes after Lugalanda. Sumer history states Lugalzaggesi destroyed Lagash but chronology points to the Gutium)

Sumer Praise of Urukagina article shows the people of Lagash paying their taxes for sheep with silver.

LAGASH CONTROLLED BY THE GUTIUM:

2093-2063 B.C. Ur-Bau reigns over Lagash. Ur-Bau's son-in-laws are Gudea, Ur-Ningirsu and Ugme. (True)
2063-2042 B.C. Gutium Gudea has trade with Egyptian king Pepi I and the rebuilt city of Ebla, Syria. (History books say Gudea had trade with Egypt but does not list Egyptian king)
2042-2032 B.C. Ur-Ningirsu and Ugme reign over Lagash. (Fact)
2032-2025 B.C. Erech king Utu-Khegal reigns over Sumer/Shinar/Babylon. (Fact)

http://www.csun.edu/~hcfll004/sumking.html UTU-KHEGAL'S REIGN PRODUCED THE SUMER KING'S LIST.

Lagash controlled by Ur-Nammu's 108 year old dynasty 2025-1917 B.C. (Fact)

2025-2007 B.C. Ur-Nammu reign his copper statuette made. Egyptian Pepi I 2056-2007 B.C. has his copper statue made.
2007-1960 B.C. Shulgi/Dungi
1960-1950 B.C. Bur-Sin/Amar-Sin builds "House of Honey". Pepi II's 2007-1913 B.C.. half sister was named Neith after the Bee goddess.
1950-1942 B.C. Gimil-Sin
1942-1917 B.C. Ibi-Sin

ELAMITE KINGS:

2243-2196 B.C. Luh-ishshan is defeated by Sargon/Nimrod.
2196-2183 B.C. Hishep-ratep reigns.
2183-2152 B.C. Helu reigns.
2152-2118 B.C. Hi(ta) reigns and Akkadian king Naramsin Sargon's grandson holds his family hostage in a forced military alliance. Gutium chieftain Im(ta) brings down Naramsin's empire in 2123 B.C. Sumer Poem reveals Gutium brought down Naramsin's reign. (Fact)
2118-2093 B.C. Kutik-Inshushinak replaces the Akkadian language with the Elamite language. Elamite sculptors produce the world's first golden idols by pounding sheets of gold against wooden idols. 2056-2007 B.C. Egyptian king Pepi I produces copper idols by pounding copper sheets against wooden idols. THE ELAMITES ARE USING GOLD INSTEAD OF SILVER WHILE OTHER REGIONS AS WITNESSED IN THIS RESEARCH USED SILVER. (Fact)
2093-2032 B.C. The Gutium control Elam. (Fact)
2032-2025 B.C. Erech's king Utu-Khegal controls Sumer and then is slain by Ur-Nammu. (Fact)

ELAM TERRITORY UNDER UR DOMINATION

2025-2007 B.C. Ur-Nammu fights the Gutium once more and the Gutium are defeated. Creates UR 108 year dynasty. (Fact)
Ur-Nammu had a copper statuette made. Egyptian king Pepi I 2056-2007 B.C. had a copper statue made.
2007-1960 B.C. Shulgi/Dungi recruits Elamites to defend UR's Sumer empire. Abraham is born in 1992 B.C. (Fact)
1960-1950 B.C. Bur-Sin/Amar-Sin builds "House of Honey" and he has trade with Egyptian king Pepi II 2007-1913 B.C. Pepi II poured honey over his naked male and female slaves to keep the flies off him. (Fact)
1950-1942 B.C. Gimil-Sin's daughter marries an Elamite prince. (Fact)
1942-1917 B.C. Ibi-Sin reigns. Haran Abraham's older brother dies at age 127 some 430 years before the Exodus in 1495 B.C. Abraham's family moves to the city of Haran in 1925 B.C. as the Amorites cut off UR's trade with Assyria. Elamite king Kindattu/Chedorlaomer destroys UR in 1917 B.C. when Terah Abraham's father dies in Haran in 1917 B.C. at age 205. Abraham later in 1911 B.C. slays the very king who had destroyed his hometown of UR. (Genesis 14:1-17) Elamite king Kindattu's nephew was Indattu-Inshushinak. Pepi II died in 1913 B.C. Two years later Indattu comes to power over Elam and his nickname is "Son of Pepi". (Fact)

Last edited:

Hol

Worships Him
Thanks Lujack! I just spotted this thread & will need to print it & line it up (as best I can) with my Usher's wall chart of world history.

Two years ago the Seattle museum had the Egyptian artifacts exhibit and I went to see if I could place Joseph. I'd heard that the old history held to for Egypt had to portray one set of rulers twice. Your research may answer my questions - so thank you again!

One quick question: have you heard of any Egyptian writings about the 10 plagues? I'd heard a pastor reference a poem or something, but can't recall enough to even Google it!

I saw Readyforsupper comment that you were sending your work to various pastors. Maybe you could send it to the pastor who wet my appetite? He is a retired meteorologist, now pastor, named Charles Clough. His ministry is called Bibleframework and he has some papers posted on the Pre-trib website (Drs. T. Ice & T. LaHaye's).

C. Clough makes one excellent historical point that stuck with me, the Egyptians hated intermarriage & so during the 400-yrs slavery (+\-) the Hebrew children could only marry Hebrews!! Such an amazing Savior we have!

Carl

I can't even imagine how you find all this amazing information Lujack

Your dates are different than the Jewish calendar. Do you know the reason for that. Yours is straight out of the OT isn't it?

Lujack Skylark

I can't even imagine how you find all this amazing information Lujack

Your dates are different than the Jewish calendar. Do you know the reason for that. Yours is straight out of the OT isn't it?
Modern time 365.25 days = 1 year. Jewish year= 360 days. 5.25 difference. In 100 years 525 days difference = over one year difference. In 1000 years= over 10 year difference.

Research is out of the Old Testament. Egyptian and Babylonian measurement in time is about the same= in 1000 years= over 10 year difference I have been told.

Noah' Flood: 2344 B.C. - 1344 B.C. 10 year difference from modern time and ancient time. Ancient calenders about the same so Jewish history would fall in line with Babylonian and Egyptian history.

Hol

Worships Him
Lujack, may I bug you related to this thread?

If you have a clue where I might locate an Egyptian writings that echo the 10 plagues as the Lord prepared his people to be delivered, please tell me ❇

One somewhat related very cool thing is an ancient map of Antarctica from prior to any icecap!! I followed that clue down and actually found a library book with the image. Seems the map, discovered mid 1600s? (my notes aren't handy), was in some monastery with maps from Christopher Columbus. For centuries deemed fanciful, but now that the space satellites can image through ice -- guess what!!

Lujack Skylark

Lujack, may I bug you related to this thread?

If you have a clue where I might locate an Egyptian writings that echo the 10 plagues as the Lord prepared his people to be delivered, please tell me ❇

One somewhat related very cool thing is an ancient map of Antarctica from prior to any icecap!! I followed that clue down and actually found a library book with the image. Seems the map, discovered mid 1600s? (my notes aren't handy), was in some monastery with maps from Christopher Columbus. For centuries deemed fanciful, but now that the space satellites can image through ice -- guess what!!
Debunking "The Exodus Decoded"

Exhibit A: The Ahmose Stela. It was under the leadership of Ahmose that the Egyptians drove out the hated foreign Hyksos who had infiltrated Egypt’s eastern Nile delta. The Hyksos, meaning “foreign rulers” in Egyptian, were Canaanite traders who had emigrated from southern Canaan. Ahmose went on to establish the powerful Egyptian 18th Dynasty. The stela tells of a great storm during Ahmose’s rule, ca. 1569–1545 BC. Jacobovici claims that the darkness and storm described in the stela are related to the Biblical plagues. His major premise in the documentary is that the Biblical Exodus is the same event as the expulsion of the Hyksos in Egyptian records. This raises three insurmountable problems. First, the expulsion is dated to the 15th year of Ahmose, ca. 1555 BC (Bietak 1991:48).[1] According to Biblical chronology, on the other hand, the Exodus occurred in 1446 BC (Young 2003), over a century after the expulsion of the Hyksos. Jacobovici overcomes this difficulty by arbitrarily splitting the difference between the two events; he raises the date of the Exodus to 1500 BC and lowers the date of the expulsion to 1500 BC. Voilà, discrepancy resolved! Even with this nifty slight-of-hand, there is not a good correlation between the stela and the Biblical plagues. The stela tells of darkness and a fierce rain storm that caused devastating flooding (Redford 1997: 16). There was no rain or flooding associated with the ninth plague of “darkness that can be felt” (Ex 10:21). The second major problem with the hypothesis is that the Hyksos were not slaves, but wealthy merchants and rulers of Egypt. The Hyksos, in fact, ruled Egypt for 108 years. They built palaces and temples at their capital city of Avaris, and had far-flung commercial operations.

Exhibit B: Pharaoh Ahmose. By associating the Exodus event with the expulsion of the Hyksos, Jacobovici maintains that, for the first time, we know who the Pharaoh of the Exodus was—Ahmose. But Jacobovici is not the first to make a connection between the expulsion of the Hyksos and the Israelite Exodus. Associations can be seen as far back as the third-century BC Egyptian priest Manetho (Redford 1992: 412–19). As we have seen, however, more than 100 years separate Ahmose and the Pharaoh of the Exodus, so the identification is invalid. In addition, the third problem with Jacobovici's thesis is that Ahmose drove the Hyksos out of their capital Avaris by force of arms, whereas the Israelites left peacefully when Pharaoh ordered them out to avoid further calamities.

Wooden sarcophagus of Ahmose, Egyptian Museum, Cairo. (ABR photo by Michael Luddeni)

Exhibit C: Tomb at Beni Hasan. Jacobovici wishes to connect a Semite caravan depicted in a Middle Kingdom tomb at Beni Hasan in Middle Egypt with the migration of Jacob and his family to Egypt. At this point in the narration, he states “we know from the Bible that the Israelites arrived in Egypt some 200 years before their Exodus.” This is incorrect. The length of the Sojourn as recorded in the Bible was 430 years (Ex 12:40). He then goes on to say that the Beni Hasan tomb painting dates to 1700 BC. Wrong again! The painting is clearly dated by an inscription to the sixth year of Sesostris II, ca. 1890 BC (Wilson 1969: 229), 190 years before Jacobovici’s entry date of 1700 BC. Setting the chronological faux pas aside, the association is not a good one. The inscription says there were 37 individuals in the caravan compared with 66 in Jacob’s entourage (Gn 46:26). Jacobovici claims that the Beni Hasan group came from the area of modern Israel, whereas the inscription says they came from Shut, not Retenu or Hurru, the Egyptian names for the area of modern Israel.

Scene from the tomb of Khnumhotep in Beni Hasan, Middle Egypt, of a group of Semite (Asiatic) traders entering Egypt to sell eye paint, ca. 1890 BC. (ABR photo by Michael Luddeni)

Exhibit D: The “Yakov” (Jacob) Royal Ring. Jacobovici contends that Joseph’s royal seal was discovered at Tell el-Daba, the site of the ancient Hyksos capital Avaris. This is also the location of Rameses, the place where the Israelites settled (Gn 47:11) and where they departed from (Ex 12:37). In the 13th century BC, long after the Israelites had left, Rameses II rebuilt the city and named it after himself. It is this later, better-known, name that is used in the Bible since the earlier names of the site (there were several) went out of use. The Austrian team excavating the site found nine scarabs (beetle-shaped amulets) bearing the name of a Hyksos called Jacob-Her dating to ca. 1700 BC. Jacobovici, of course, surmises that this is Joseph’s father Jacob. He further contends that these are “seals worn by Joseph’s court officials.” If the scarabs are connected to the high official Joseph, then why is Jacob’s name on them? Jacobovici does not explain. In reality, Jacob was a common Semitic name and in this case probably belonged to a prominent Hyksos leader or businessman. In addition to the nine examples at Tell el-Daba, three Jacob-Her scarabs were found in Israel: two at Kabri, near Nahariya, and one at Shiqmona, near Haifa (Bietak 1997: 115).

Exhibit E: Serabit Slavery Inscriptions. Serabit el-Khadem is an area of turquoise mines in the northwestern part of the southern Sinai Peninsula. Inscriptions in both Egyptian hieroglyphs and early Semitic (Canaanite) alphabetic script written with pictographic signs have been found there. The Semitic inscriptions are assumed to have been written by Asiatic slaves who worked in the mines. Whether or not these inscriptions can be related to the period of Israelite slavery in Egypt is an open question. Specialists are divided as to whether they should be dated to the Middle Kingdom (ca. 2061–1665 BC) or New Kingdom (ca. 1569–1081 BC) (Beit-Arieh 1993).

Exhibit F: Santorini Pumice in Egypt. The second major premise of The Exodus Decoded is that tectonic activity caused the eruption of the Santorini volcano and triggered earthquakes, bringing about the plagues in Egypt. Jacobovici says the eruption took place in 1500 BC at the time of the Exodus. The date of the eruption is a hotly debated topic. Carbon-14 samples suggest a date of ca. 1625 BC, whereas conventional historical dating places the event at ca. 1525 BC.[2] Pumice from the Santorini eruption was found at Tell el-Daba. Here, we run into another major chronological difficulty. The pumice was found in an archaeological stratum later than the reign of Ahmose (Bietak 1997: 124–25). Thus, there is a chronological disconnect between Jacobovici’s Pharaoh of the Exodus and the eruption of Santorini.

Exhibit G: Ipuwer Plagues Papyrus. Jacobovici now calls on the Ipuwer Papyrus, which he believes provides evidence for a plague of “ice and fire mingled together.” The seventh plague of hail, he says, is volcanic hail induced by Santorini as described in the Ipuwer Papyrus. Again, we have a chronological problem. Although Jacobovici states that many scholars date the Ipuwer Papyrus to the Hyksos period, the fact of the matter is that most Egyptologists date it to the First Intermediate Period (ca. 2100 BC) or the late Middle Kingdom (ca. 1700 BC) (Shupak 1997: 93), well before Jacobovici’s Exodus date of 1500 BC.

Ipuwer Papyrus, National Archaeological Museum, Leiden, Netherlands. It tells of ordeals and calamities blamed on an unnamed king, perhaps Pepy II (ca. 2300–2206 BC) of the Sixth Dynasty, and predicts better times under a coming, ideal monarch. (ABR file photo)

Exhibit H: Santorini Ash in the Nile Delta. Jacobovici claims that an ash cloud from Santorini caused the darkness of the ninth plague. There is no question but what Santorini ash arrived on the shores of Egypt. But the pumice evidence indicates that this was after the Hyksos period.

Exhibit I: Male Plague Victims. Jacobovici asserts that mass burials of males in pit graves at Tell el-Daba are evidence for plague 10, the death of the firstborn. However, he presents only part of the evidence. As usual, there is a chronological problem. The burials are from the early 18th Dynasty, after the expulsion of the Hyksos. In addition, the individuals have a very narrow age range: between 18 and 25. We would expect victims of plague 10 to be younger than 18 and older than 25. Anthropological examination has shown that some of the individuals were Nubians, commonly employed in the Egyptian army in this time period. Since the burials were in the area of a military camp and arrowheads were found in the graves, the most logical explanation is that the burials were soldiers from the Egyptian army. The excavator concludes, “They were probably soldiers who died in the camps from diseases over a period of time” (Bietak 2005: 13).

Exhibit J: Ahmose’s Son Prince Sapair. Ahmose’s son died at age 12 and therefore died in the 10th plague according to Jacobovici. The presumed cause of the disaster, touted as “the first scientific explanation of the tenth plague,” was earthquake-dislodged carbon dioxide rising to the surface of the Nile River. Such an event occurred in 1986 at Lake Neos, Cameroon, when carbon dioxide gas was released from the mineral-saturated waters trapped in the lake's depths. A similar event could not happen in a river, however, because moving water prevents minerals from accumulating at the bottom as in a stationary lake.

Exhibit K: el Arish Inscription. The el-Arish Inscription is a text from the Ptolemaic period (305–31 BC) written on a shrine found at el-Arish on the Mediterranean coast in northern Sinai. It is a legendary text concerning the gods Shu, god of air and sunlight, and his son Geb, god of the earth, and has nothing to do with the Exodus. Immanuel Velikovsky related the inscription to the crossing of the sea in his books Worlds in Collision and Ages in Chaos. Jacobovici follows Velikovsky’s interpretations, claiming the text “tells the entire story of the Exodus from Pharaoh’s point of view,” even giving the precise location of the crossing. Velikovsky’s understanding of this text has been thoroughly refuted. Mewhinney writes, “His interpretations of the el-Arish inscription are so obviously, blatantly wrong in so many particulars that it is hard to see why there should have been any controversy over the facts of the case, excepting only minor details. We find names altered and combined, words mistranslated, characters confused with one another or split in two, and events set in the wrong time and place. To permit Velikovsky to make the associations he does, one would have to take a sledgehammer to the shrine, smash it to bits, and reassemble the pieces in a different order. The method*—a sort of ‘free association’ in which a whole complex of ideas is summoned up by an isolated word or phrase—*must be rejected as well” (2006).

Exhibit L: Yam Suph (Reed Sea). Based on the el-Arish inscription J. identifies the sea crossing as the Ballah Lake on the northeast Egyptian frontier. On this point, we can agree with Jacobovici. It is not the el-Arish inscription that leads to this identification, however, it is modern archaeological research (Byers 2006a; 2006b).

View of the Suez Canal looking north from the Qantara Bridge in the northeast Nile delta. This was the area of the northern end of the Ballah Lake prior to the cutting of the canal in 1859–1860. This is possibly the area where the Israelites crossed the Reed Sea. (ABR photo by Michael Luddeni).

Exhibit M: Santorini Wall Paintings. Jacobovici claims that the Miniature Frieze found in the West House in the excavations at Akrotiri on the island of Santorini (ancient Thera) depicts a Minoan voyage to Avaris, Egypt. Although this interpretation is undoubtedly wrong,[3] there is ample evidence to indicate that there was contact between the Minoans and Egypt. From this interchange, he contends that some of the followers of Moses in Egypt were Aegeans from Greece and that they returned to Greece shortly after the Exodus. It is necessary to make this connection in order bring in artifacts from Greece that supposedly relate to the Exodus (Exhibit N and Final Exhibit below). Needless to say, there is no evidence to suggest that there were Aegeans enslaved in Egypt when the Israelites were there. Egyptian texts only speak of Asiatic slaves at that time (David 1986: 188–92; Redford 1992: 78–79, 208–209, 221–27).

Minoan wall painting of a naval procession, West House, Akrotiri, Santorini. Rather than depicting a voyage to Avaris in Egypt as claimed in The Exodus Decoded, it is more likely a cultic procession taking place somewhere in the Aegean. (ABR file photo)

Exhibit N: Grave Stelae of Mycenae. Since there is no evidence that there were Greeks among the Israelite tribes that left Egypt, there is no basis for interpreting the images on grave stelae at Mycenae as scenes of the sea crossing as claimed by Jacobovici.

Ayun Musa (Spring of Moses) at the northeast shore of the Gulf of Suez, possibly Elim of Exodus 15:27. (ABR photo by Michael Luddeni)

Exhibit O: Mt. Sinai (Hashem el-Tarif). Jacobovici’s methodology in attempting to locate Mt. Sinai is admirable in that he utilizes Biblical data. Unfortunately, some of his information is incorrect. He bases the location on the distances the Israelites could travel within the Biblical timeframe. He begins by saying it took the Israelites 14 days to travel from Elim to Mt. Sinai. Elim, he suggests, is located at Ayun Musa on the northeast shore of the Gulf of Suez, which is no doubt correct, but his timeline is off. According to Exodus 16:1, after the Israelites left Elim, they “came to the Desert of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the 15th day of the second month after they had come out of Egypt.” They then arrived at the Desert of Sinai a month later (Ex 19:1; Nu 33:3). So, the travel time from Elim to the Desert of Sinai was more than 30 days, not 14 days. The daily rate of travel Jacobovici assumes, 15 km (9 mi) is also incorrect. Pastoralists traveling with their flocks can go no more than 10 km (6 mi) per day (Wood 2000). In addition, one cannot simply multiply a rate of travel times the number of days traveled and draw a straight line on a map to locate Mt. Sinai. The ancient routes and the zigs and zags and ups and downs of traveling by foot in a rugged terrain must be taken into account. Although Hashem el-Tarif may be a valid candidate for Mt. Sinai, one cannot arrive at that identification using Jacobovici’s calculations.

Grave stela from Shaft Grave V in Grave Circle A at Mycenae, ca. 1550–1500 BC, National Archaeological Museum of Athens. Jacobovici interprets the scene as “an Egyptian charioteer chasing Moses across the parted sea” just before the waters returned. The spirals, which Jacobovici says are waves, are a common Mycenaean motif. (Credit: University of Oklahoma)

Final Exhibit: The Ark of the Covenant. The final exhibit of the presentation is a small gold object from the Bronze Age cemetery at Mycenae. J. claims it represents a composite view of the Ark of the Covenant, ramp of the Tabernacle and altar as seen from the Holy of Holies. Why would the Ark be depicted on an object found in Greece? Jacobovici conjectures that Greeks referred to as Danoi by Homer are Danites who migrated to Greece after the Exodus. Since the Tribe of Dan helped make the Ark it was the Biblical Danites who fashioned the gold object.

There are a number of difficulties with this scenario. First, the Tribe of Dan did not help make the Ark. According to Exodus, Bezalel, a Judahite, was the chief craftsman for the Tabernacle appointed “to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood and to engage in all kinds of artistic craftsmanship” (Ex 31:4). It was he who made the Ark (Ex 37:1). A Danite named Oholiab was appointed to help Bezalel (Ex 31:6), but his specialty was embroidery (Ex 38:23) and he was involved in “constructing the sanctuary” (Ex 36:1). Moreover, the Danoi were native Greeks, not immigrants. According to Greek tradition, a legendary figure named Danaus immigrated to Greece from Egypt. He became a ruler and required the native Greeks to be called Danoi (Stabo, Geography 8.6.9). In addition, the two figures depicted on the so-called “ark” are ordinary birds, not cherubim[4] as on the Biblical Ark (Ex 37:6–9).

Conclusion

The Exodus Decoded is similar to The Da Vinci Code in that disparate pieces of information from the past are brought together in a story line. There is a big difference between the two, however. The Exodus Decoded is presented as factual history, whereas The Da Vinci Code is advertised as a novel. The exhibits of The Exodus Decoded do not stand up to scrutiny in the court of objective scholarship. Archaeological data are wrenched from their chronological contexts and forced into a different time frame to fit the filmmaker’s reconstruction. What is more, the film is replete with factual errors. Although the production is offered as a serious and accurate documentary, it is not accurate and it cannot be taken seriously. There is little of substance in The Exodus Decoded for those seeking valid historical and archaeological information on the Exodus.

Hol

Worships Him
I doubt C. Clough would reference Exodus Decoded (the author is Jacobovici??), but he uses extensive footnotes so I will search & see. It sounds like Jacobovici has some mix of few facts & lots of speculation. If it's not the pieces you cited & debunked (but one), I'll let you know.

Thank you Lujack!

Lujack Skylark

Thanks Lujack! I just spotted this thread & will need to print it & line it up (as best I can) with my Usher's wall chart of world history.

Two years ago the Seattle museum had the Egyptian artifacts exhibit and I went to see if I could place Joseph. I'd heard that the old history held to for Egypt had to portray one set of rulers twice. Your research may answer my questions - so thank you again!

One quick question: have you heard of any Egyptian writings about the 10 plagues? I'd heard a pastor reference a poem or something, but can't recall enough to even Google it!

I saw Readyforsupper comment that you were sending your work to various pastors. Maybe you could send it to the pastor who wet my appetite? He is a retired meteorologist, now pastor, named Charles Clough. His ministry is called Bibleframework and he has some papers posted on the Pre-trib website (Drs. T. Ice & T. LaHaye's).

C. Clough makes one excellent historical point that stuck with me, the Egyptians hated intermarriage & so during the 400-yrs slavery (+\-) the Hebrew children could only marry Hebrews!! Such an amazing Savior we have!
https://www.***********/watch?v=5BZ1hji_ra8

C. Clough mentions the Septugint and the Masoretic text.

Here is the difference.

Bible History Timeline 430 Years In Egypt: contention in Biblical chronology

Bible TimelineBible Timeline Close-up ViewReviewsAbout UsOrder NowBible QuestionsArticles
Bible History Timeline 430 Years In Egypt

Here’s a letter pointing out a possible error and an overlooked fact.

I have really enjoyed using the Bible Timeline along with my studies, and appreciate this awesome resource. It really helps to have a clearer picture of all of the events and how they relate to one another. Thank you for the PDF version of the timeline. This is a great bonus!
I know that the timeline states that there may be inconsistencies due to a number of different factors, but I was curious about one in particular and hoping you could explain it to me.
The last verse of Genesis states that Joseph lived for a hundred and ten years, and I notice on the timeline that there is not a definite point marking his death. Then in Exodus 12:40 it says that the Israelites lived in Egypt for a total of 430 years to the day when Moses lead them out. On the timeline there is only about 200 years between the time when they came to Egypt and the Exodus of Moses. This seems like a big discrepency, and I’m am interested to know why this doesn’t appear to line up with scripture. I understand the enormous task of trying to put all of this information on a single resource, and I know it can’t be 100% accurate due to conflicts in the historical record. I was just hoping you could help clear this up for me.

The dating of the time in Egypt – either 215 or 430 years – is one point of contention among those striving to develop a Biblical chronology.

We used James Ussher’s chronology for our biblical dates. As you know, his chronology is the most widely accepted. The question becomes why did he place the dates when he did. Bishop Ussher worked with a variety of biblical manuscripts and historical resources. The verses mentioned do say the Israelites lived in Egypt for 430 years in the Masoretic text.

Other manuscripts (the Samaritan Pentateuch and the Septuagint) add the words “and Canaan” after Egypt in the above quote, so that it reads “the length of time the Israelite people lived in Egypt and Canaan was 430 years”. This makes the beginning of the 430 year period when Abraham arrived in Canaan. This is 215 years earlier than Jacob’s arrival in Egypt, and would shorten the Israelites’ period in Egypt to 215 years (215 + 215 = 430). This was the view taken by James Ussher.

However, in Acts 7:6, Stephen states that Abraham’s descendants were to be “enslaved and mistreated four hundred years”. But then in Galatians 3:16-17 Paul makes reference to a 430 year period from Abraham leaving Haran to Moses receiving “The Law”. As you can see biblical chronologists work to coordinate all the verses and use multiple sources.

My research is from the time Abraham left UR to Moses Exodus.

Lujack Skylark

The Smithonian program yesterday December 24, 2014 went back through history mocking our Bible. IF one took an honest look at Egyptian kings minus the inflated Egyptian King's Lists one would find Egyptian history does match our Bible.

(1) Egyptian king Pepi II was Egypt's oldest Egyptian king living to the age of 100. Pepi II had trade with Sodom as well as Byblos. Byblos was struck by an earthquake at the same time Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed some 20 years after Pepi II death. Sarah was 65 years old when Abraham age 75 entered Egypt for Abraham would live in Canaan for 10 years and Ishmael was born when Abraham was 86 years old. For an Egyptian king to take interested in Sarah, the Egyptian king would be older and Pepi II was 96 years old when he met Sarah. The Amorites at Byblos rebelled near the end of Pepi II's reign. Egyptians hated foreigners from Canaan. This is the reason Abraham's life was in danger. Pepi II's wife Neith was fair complexion. Sarah was fair complexion. Pepi II liked fair complextion women. The Bible says the Egyptian king would be plagued. Pepi II Egypt's was Egypt's first bi-sexual king having the morals of Sodom. Amorites were still powerful in Byblos after Pepi II died proving Sodom was destroyed after Pepi II had died. Egypt was hit with plagues at the end of Pepi II's reign.

Saqqara Egyptian king's lists reveals the next king to reign after Pepi II was Mentuhotep II so the 7-10 and part of the 11th dynasty kings listed on other king's list are legendary or were nomarch's living during Mentuhotep II's reign.

(2) Mentuhotep II ended an Egyptian civil war and was the next pharoah after Pepi II who had monuments built proving his reign. Mentuhotep II's wife was Nubian. Mentuhotep II was not the pharoah Abraham and Sarah met. There was starvation in Egypt in the beginning of Mentuhotep II of Thebes reign because the nomarch's wanted to set up their own independent kingdoms.

(3) Amenemhet I completed the "Walls of the Ruler" to keep the Amorites out of Egypt. It was at this time Abraham had died. Egyptians wanted no foreigners in Egypt.

(4) God tells Isaac not to enter Egypt. Senusret I was the Egyptian king called "The Throat Sliter of Asiatics". Good reason for Isaac to stay out of Egypt.

(5) Senusret II reign Canaanites begin trickling into Egypt. Joseph enters Egypt at the time Senusret II has died. A new administration is appointed.

(6) Senusret III Joseph becomes governor of Egypt living at Heliopolis. Senusret III had horses proven by the horse skeleton found at the Fortress of Buhen, Nubia in 1959 under the ramparts of the fortress built by Senusret III. Horse was used for ceremonial purposes only not for warfare. Joseph united the Egyptian and Canaanite economies together. Senusret III had annexed Canaan before Joseph became governor having fought the Canaanites near Shechem, the very city where Jacob and his family had fled the Canaanites. The Canaanite chieftains came peacefully to Egypt during the global famine. One was named Yakubher. Yakub=Jacob. When Joseph's father Jacob entered Egypt a Canaanite/Hyksos man named Yakubher also lived there at the same time.

(7) Amenemhet III wrote the Rhind Papyrus. A Canaanite Hyksos named Apepi I recopied the Rhind Papyrus after Amenehet III had died. Amenemhet III completed Bahr Yusef (Joseph's canal) Egypt prospered. Apepi I etched his name on the back of Amenemhet IV sphixes.

(8) Amenemhet IV reign Egypt still prospers then Joseph dies and Amenemhet IV disappears from history.

Joseph entered Egypt age 17 and lived in Egypt for 93 years. Senusret III reigned for 39 years (Oxford History of Egypt Ian Shaw) Amenemhet III 45 years and Amenemhet IV 9 years = 93 years.

What happens to Amenemhet IV? Abydos Egyptian king's list shows the next king to reign over Egypt after Amenemhet IV was Ahmose. Genesis 50:23 reveals Joseph saw the third generation in Egypt and the historian Josephus says the princess who saved Moses was named Thermuthis from the Thutmose family.

(9) Ahmose brought down the prosperous Amenemhet/Senusret family. Hyksos/Canaanite chieftain Apepi I reigned at Tanis while Ahmose reigned at Thebes. Thebean Mentuhotep IV was taken out of power by Amenemhet I and over 215 years later queen Sobekneferu, Amenemhet IV's sister had fallen from power making it possible for Apepi I to reign over Egypt's delta. Ahmose later would fight Apepi II and drive the Hyksos/Canaanites out of Egypt in the first Exodus.

(10) Thutmose I was the slayer of Hebrew male boys for his daughter was Thermuthis princess Hatshepsut from the Thutmose family. Thutmose I had conquered Asia to the Euphrates river and had been worried/paranoid about a future slave revolt.

(11) Thutmose III was the Hebrew Exodus pharoah. 1 Kings 6:1 chronology indicates he was the Exodus pharoah and Thutmose III before he died destroyed all of princess Hatshepsut monuments because she was the princess who saved Moses life. Amenhotep I must put down an Amorite rebellion shortly after Thutmose III had died. Amorites may have been testing Egypt's army after Egypt lost 600 chariots in the Red Sea.

(12) Amenhotep III scarabs were found at Jericho in graves of people who died when Joshua destroyed Jericho. Amenhotep III was the last Egyptian king to trade with Jericho before the city was destroyed for later Egyptian kings had no scarabs found at Jericho.

Its ashame the History Channel and the Smithsonian program won't use this evidence.