Bible Prophecy Study - help please

Watching and Waiting

**Editing this to try and make it a little less confusing.** :)

I hope someone can help me, I would like some help with a bible study or direction.
I would like to read Prophecy, as it pertains to the end times in the Bible, I am not sure if there are is a list of books or chapters etc to read to follow it through scripture.

Is there an order in which I should read the books within the Bible, to get a full picture of the end times?
As a rough example, I guess I would read Psalm 83 before Ezekiel, which would come before 1 Thessalonians, which would be before Revelation.

I have tried asking google, but it seems to think I want to study how to be a prophet or what a prophet is. I don't, I want to learn more by reading about prophecy as it is in the Bible.
I know of Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Revelation and a few other places, I am not sure if there is an order they should be read in, or how I would go about it.

I have probably explained it badly, but can anyone help please? I came across a couple of studies, but I do not know/recognise the names of the authors, so avoid them in case they're bad apples.
Thank you very much. :)

Last edited:

Watching and Waiting

Thank you for all your help. :) (I added this post into the OP just so new readers to the thread get the gist of what I am trying to do.)
Is there an order in which I should read the books within the Bible, to get a full picture of the end times?
For eg, I guess I would read Psalm 83 before Ezekiel, which would come before 1 Thessalonians, which would be before Revelation.

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

I’ve recently bought Charting the End Times by Tim Lahaye and Thomas Ice - A Visual Guide to Understanding Biblical Prophecy.

Haven’t really got into it yet, but I’ve watched and liked some of Thomas Ice’s stuff and been recommended him on the forum.

There are lots of charts - and as they say - a picture can say a thousand words - I’m expecting this book to sharpen my focus and understanding, plus help with context...seeing visually the big picture put together.

Batfan7

The End Times stuff is both scattered all over the Bible and extremely hard for any newbie to grasp without being very familiar with the Bible as a whole along with symbology (as the Bible itself defines it). As an example, most places a lamb symbolizes Jesus, but there's at least one reference to a lamb that is taken to mean the Antichrist. It's just a tough topic and there's a reason it's taken multiple centuries for the church to figure it out. So read commentaries along with whatever passage of the Bible you pick.

lenraff

Have you checked out the charts Chris has posted on the main site here? They're a treasure drawn by Clarence Larkin about a hundred years ago and included in his book Dispensational Truth, which is also available free to read online. The charts are here: https://www.raptureforums.com/bible-prophecy-charts/
Thank You brother I couldn't remember his name,Clarence Larkin not Larson.

Back