Bible Prophecy Issues: The Rapture Is the Second Coming

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Bible Prophecy Issues: The Rapture Is the Second Coming
By Nathan Jones

Christ in Prophecy was blessed to have as our special guest, Daymond Duck. Daymond is an expert on Bible prophecy who preaches, teaches, and writes prolifically about the subject, particularly on the Rapture Ready website and in his best-selling book The Book of Revelation: The Smart Guide to the Bible Series. The following are some tough questions concerning issues in Bible prophecy that he deftly answered for our program’s hosts Dr. David Reagan, Col. Tim Moore, and Nathan Jones.

Are the Rapture and the Second Coming the same event?

Daymond Duck: They are not the same event. The Rapture occurs before the Tribulation period while the Second Coming occurs after the Tribulation period.

The Rapture and the Second Coming are described quite differently in the Bible. For example, at the Rapture the Church goes up into Heaven, so we are not here on this earth during the Tribulation, while at the Second Coming the Church comes back with Jesus to the earth. At the Rapture, peace is removed from this earth, while at the Second Coming peace is brought back to this earth by the return of Jesus Christ. At the Rapture, the Antichrist is allowed to rise, while at the Second Coming Jesus takes His throne and sits on it in Jerusalem.

Dr. Reagan: Furthermore, there is no purpose for the Church to be here on this earth during the Tribulation, is there?

Daymond Duck: No, the Church will be in Heaven during the Tribulation. We are described as worshiping God in Heaven during that time. Christians today will be reunited with our loved ones and reunited with Jesus in Heaven and not on this earth. God calls the 144,000 and not the Church to produce the greatest evangelism explosion that the world has ever known. Multitudes will be coming to Jesus Christ, and not by the efforts of the Church, because Church Age Christians will have relocated to Heaven beforehand.

Dr. Reagan: And, the focus of the book of Tribulation is really on the Jewish people and not on the Church.

Daymond Duck: That’s true. Go back to Daniel’s prophecy which foretells Israel having to go through the Seventy Weeks of Daniel prophecy, meaning that the seven-year Tribulation period is the final Seventieth Week of Daniel. This is the prophesied “time of Jacob’s trouble” from Jeremiah 30:7.

Dr. Reagan: The Tribulation is meant primarily for the Jewish people to bring a remnant to repentance and acceptance of Yeshua as their Messiah.

Daymond Duck: Yes, it is. And all prophecy cannot be fulfilled until you get Israel safely through that Tribulation period.

Nathan Jones: I love what you brought up earlier about Daniel 2 with Nebuchadnezzar’s vision, where he saw that Jesus Christ is the stone that destroys the line of human governments. This stone becomes a mountain that fills the whole world. That’s the end of Satan dominating the world through human government. From Christ’s return on, world government is going to be under Jesus Christ. And what a government! The Millennial Kingdom will be defined as a time of peace and righteousness and justice. I get so excited because I just can’t wait until that Millennial Kingdom is instituted.

Daymond Duck: Pre-Millennialism as the proper end times interpretation of the Bible sees the “stone” coming back before the whole earth is filled with Christ’s Kingdom.

Dr. Reagan: That’s opposed to the view of Post-Millennialists which sees the Church itself is going to conquer the world and rule over it for a thousand years. Then Jesus will come back, and we will present the kingdom to Him. That view erroneously places the Bible’s end times progression backward.

Nathan Jones: Post-Millennialism is a view that’s really been on the rise lately, too. A lot of churches have started to believe that they are going to evangelize all of the world for Christ.

Daymond Duck: We are not doing a very good job of that, are we? The religion of “none” is on the rise.

Dr. Reagan: That’s why I reply to Amillennialists who claim that we are living in the Millennium now with this. Arnold Fruchtenbaum, who is a Messianic Jewish teacher, always says, “If we are living in the Millennial Kingdom, then I am living in the slum area of it.” And, I always say, “If we are, then Jesus is doing a very poor job of reigning.”

Daymond Duck: Jesus Christ is the good news that we have just mentioned. The world’s in a mess and it is not getting better. Even people who don’t know anything about the Bible, they know that the world is in a mess. Only Jesus Christ can put an end to this mess.

Tim Moore: There’s a great promise that is repeated throughout Scripture, such as in the book of Hebrews, that says that we should consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking the assembling together as bodies of Christ, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near. So, it is taken for granted that we should recognize that this day — the season of the Lord’s return — is drawing near, providing Christians with encouragement. Such promises make sure that we recognize that we are living in the season of the Lord’s return.

https://www.raptureforums.com/bible-prophecy/bible-prophecy-issues-the-rapture-is-the-second-coming/

endofdays

that makes me think about
"No one knows the day or the hour"
So does that apply to the rapture or does that apply to the second coming?
so what would be the correct statement
"No one knows the day or the hour" of the rapture??
OR
"No one knows the day or the hour" of the second coming??

that always puzzled me.

of course Jesus never said "No one knows the day or the hour" of the rapture??
cos the word rapture is not in the bible.

Last edited:

Eric Nicholas

One major problem with the Rapture being the same as the Second Coming: if all of us are raptured at the Second Coming, then there will be no one left in their mortal bodies to have children to populate the millennium!
I just think that's one of many devastating defeaters to those that deny a pretribulation rapture of the Church. It truly is a devastating blow to anything but our worldview, if I may be so bold. One of many, anyway.

Hopeland

that makes me think about
"No one knows the day or the hour"
So does that apply to the rapture or does that apply to the second coming?
so what would be the correct statement
"No one knows the day or the hour" of the rapture??
OR
"No one knows the day or the hour" of the second coming??

that always puzzled me.

of course Jesus never said "No one knows the day or the hour" of the rapture??
cos the word rapture is not in the bible.
I thought Daniel gives us the exact number of days in the tribulation period. So if I am correct, the day of Jesus' second coming is exactly known ... once the treaty is signed with the anti-Christ, you just count the days. Which, in my opinion, proves that the rapture is a separate event from the second coming. We do not know the day nor the hour of the "rapture", or as the Bible calls it ... "caught up." Which leads to the second proof that these are two separate events - why would we meet Christ in the air as he is descending to fight the battle of Armageddon. Just does not fit. Maybe I am missing something.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I thought Daniel gives us the exact number of days in the tribulation period. So if I am correct, the day of Jesus' second coming is exactly known ... once the treaty is signed with the anti-Christ, you just count the days. Which, in my opinion, proves that the rapture is a separate event from the second coming. We do not know the day nor the hour of the "rapture", or as the Bible calls it ... "caught up." Which leads to the second proof that these are two separate events - why would we meet Christ in the air as he is descending to fight the battle of Armageddon. Just does not fit. Maybe I am missing something.
Daniel gives three different sets of days, with the Second Coming being one of the days between the first two sets

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/1260-days-1290-days-and-1335-days/

Jan51

One major problem with the Rapture being the same as the Second Coming: if all of us are raptured at the Second Coming, then there will be no one left in their mortal bodies to have children to populate the millennium!
That seems to us like a problem for them, but for them, I don’t think it is a problem, because they already think we are in the kingdom, so when Christ returns, it is not to bring in the kingdom. They think that what is next is the Great White Throne judgment, followed by the eternal state.

Sojourner414

That seems to us like a problem for them, but for them, I don’t think it is a problem, because they already think we are in the kingdom, so when Christ returns, it is not to bring in the kingdom. They think that what is next is the Great White Throne judgment, followed by the eternal state.
Actully, it is a problem, because Isaiah speaks of those who sin during that time as dying before 100 years old. If they think they are in the kingdom, then how many church members do they know are 800-900 years old?

Jan51

Actully, it is a problem, because Isaiah speaks of those who sin during that time as dying before 100 years old. If they think they are in the kingdom, then how many church members do they know are 800-900 years old?
They don’t take the literal interpretation so they wouldn’t be bothered by that.

Sojourner414

They don’t take the literal interpretation so they wouldn’t be bothered by that.
Then I would ask them how they know their salvation is literal, if they do not think the rest of Scripture is literal. If they're going to play fast and loose with the second coming, then by their own logic, they cannot claim that their being saved from hell is literal either.

And if that doesn't bother them, then frankly, any further discussion with them is pointless; they're making it up as they go along, and that is not Christianity.

Jan51

Then I would ask them how they know their salvation is literal, if they do not think the rest of Scripture is literal. If they're going to play fast and loose with the second coming, then by their own logic, they cannot claim that their being saved from hell is literal either.

And if that doesn't bother them, then frankly, any further discussion with them is pointless; they're making it up as they go along, and that is not Christianity.
And these are some of the reasons why we know the literal/historical/grammatical interpretation is the correct one. It is the only one that makes consistent sense and is not self-contradicting and does not require us to ignore or explain away parts of Scripture!

DanLMP

I watched/listened to it yesterday while working out at home. As usual, great message from Andy Woods.
Isn't it going to be a series? The thought of watching several 1+ hour long Andy Woods videos gives me the willies.

I would like him to speak a little faster. Somewhere half way between his current speed and the speed of Ben Shapiro.

Andy C

For a second i thought you meant exercising from home , i was going to say usually Andy Woods has the effect of making people tired so you're bucking the trend
To be honest, half way through, I switched to upbeat music.

I have listened to Woods for years, so I am use to his mostly monotone speech. Im a former Instructor, who taught people how to teach, and IMO, his delivery is bad, but his message is great.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun

I have listened to Woods for years, so I am use to his mostly monotone speech. Im a former Instructor, who taught people how to teach, and IMO, his delivery is bad, but his message is great.
He's a great teacher but i agree, i have to split his sermons into 20 minute intervals and come back to the video later so my attention span is fresh

DanLMP

I have listened to Woods for years, so I am use to his mostly monotone speech. I'm a former Instructor, who taught people how to teach, and IMO, his delivery is bad, but his message is great.
Evidently Andy hasn't learned the fine art of calling people maggots yet?