BEWARE of the movie "Son of God"

Chris

Administrator
Staff member

By Tim Cameron

***This might not be very endearing to myself but I feel like I need to share this.

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that comes preaches ANOTHER JESUS, whom we have not preached, or if you receive another spirit, which you have not received, or another gospel, which you have not accepted, you might well bear with him.

****emphasis mine.

In Light of the EPIC movie Son of God, BEWARE. There IS another Jesus. There is a Biblical Jesus (The Word become Flesh) and one that is UN-biblical, that is quoted as say things NOT in the bible. IE "lets Change the World"

Where oh where does scripture show that The Biblical Jesus told us to "change the world?" So Son of God must be speaking of???? Another Jesus!!!

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

Beware of the Ecumenical Message from the movie called The Son of God. Jesus did not come to "change the world" that is THE SOCIAL GOSPEL, Jesus came to "Save the World"

The Social Gospel (False Gospel) that is spreading like wild fire, would be equal or liken to, having told Noah "instead of building that Ark there Noah, how bout you go and make earth better" "Hey all you people, even though Titanic has struck the iceberg, we are here to make you feel better about yourself and help you arrange deck furniture" It sounds so good and noble BUT to those "in the days of Noah" ONLY the ark could save, to those sinking on the Titanic...only Life Boats could save and to ALL those lost and headed for everlasting torment, ONLY The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified can save. Jesus did NOT come to "change the world" He came to "seek and save that which was lost." The EPIC movie being touted Son of God, is VERY much of the warning Jesus Himself trumped in Mathew 24. "Many will come IN MY NAME" but their message will be FALSE.

In just plain speak, to all who might want to hold to the "change our world" theology (Dominion/Kingdom Now)

Name One place on planet earth that The Church is "winning culture?" The commission isn't to make earth better but share The Good News, that even though this place is headed for destruction, Jesus has overcome the Grave and Romans 10:13 "Whoever calls upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved." 2 Peter 3:11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

We can see in that passage alone that this place despite all human effort is heading for a time of disaster YET there is this "we are the world" message of unity and tolerance that has unfortunately taken deep root even "in the church." It is ecumenical, it's COEXIST "for the greater good."

Look what is happening in real time. A movie is coming out called NOAH and yet its message is "save the earth." Its been declared "unbiblical" by the secular media even asking the question "Will Evangelicals support unbiblical Noah?"

And then a movie titled Son of God (In My Name) is produced by Roman Catholics heavily into new age mysticism and speaking with the dead. (Necromancy)

Please take the time to test all things and take heed.

In Christ,

Tim

livin_in_the_Son

Aren't the people who are putting out this film the same ones that produced The Bible series viewed on cable? Was the series just as bad? Or did they simply change the main theme for the movie?

[email protected]

Defender of the Faith
If people really want to know who the Son of God is they will read the scriptures.

If they want sensationalism they will go to Hollywood.

Since when has the preaching of Christ crucified been popular?

IMO

:hat:

Last edited:

Neil777

I have not seen this movie but would like to know if Jesus says things like I and the father are one or I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the father but through me. Or does it stay away from scriptures like that and go with the trend to not offend anyone.

Lily

Looking Up
I haven't seen this movie nor have I seen the Bible series that aired on the History channel last year. (I noticed that TBN is airing "The Bible" March 2 at 7pm PST, but not sure if it is this same series that aired before.)

The message of the movie "Son of God" is very important, in fact it is everything, but I'm not sure if it's getting bad reviews for its content message or the bad reviews are because of who has produced and who has endorsed the movie.

I will say, that I don't understand when movie makers decided to veer from the original story. For example, why is Jesus kissing Lazarus to come to life when the Bible clearly states that he called to him from outside the tomb. Why not just tell it like it is? :tsk:

twerpv

Hollywood has not, does not and will not be producing a film that represents God's truth. If anyone is waiting for or hoping for that, they have been, are and will be sadly disappointed.
As mentioned above, just read amd study the scriptures if you want truth.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with this film is not because of who made it (though who made it naturally governs the message they believe the Bible gives us); but rather because of its content. The Son of God of this "Son of God" movie is not God calling sinners to repentance and offering Himself up as the eternal and all sufficient sacrifice that takes away the sin of each and every person who will believe; but is simply a revolutionary who tells Peter in the beginning that he has come to "change the world". Hence he is the Jesus of Rick Warren's and Bill Hybels' Peace Plan, of Pope Francis' pan-religious ecumenism, and of the Dominionists' Kingdom Now. There is no gospel in this "Son of God"; just another iteration of Satan's substitute for the real Good News.

Yet, for all that, God will use it to reach some people. I just pray they then are led to a faithful assembly pastored by a faithful shepherd who will disciple them in the truth.

4HisGlory

The Son of God movie is about a false Jesus that the apostle Paul and others warned about in the Bible including Jesus himself. There is a massive spiritual delusion taking place upon the earth that has been unleashed which the god of this world has been given free reign to unleash the hords of hell and darkness who have the ability to transform themselves as angles of light. The whole world including all religions are defining this event by the same buzzword a “Great Awakening”. Jesus said (when asked in Matthew 24 by his disciples what the begining of the end would look): “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name saying I am Christ and shall deceive many. And many false prophets shall rise and deceive many. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets; and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” (Matt. 24:5; 24:11; 24:24)

The cold hard truth is that Roma Downey and her husband Mark are not born again believers and are preaching another Jesus and another gospel. Roma Downey was raised in the false Roman Catholic Church and religion and was taught by nuns about the false catholic Jesus and the worship of Mary (necromancy). After graduating from John-Rogers new age spritual enlightenment center (“USM, University of Santa Monica) in 2010 this “other Jesus” (false lying spirit) supposedly told (impressed upon) her and her husband to go out and make this false jesus popular and wonderfully acceptable to to the whole world and to “raise their christ conciousness”. She and her husband have completely taken many scriptures out context and have added and subtracted from the Word of God and put words in their false christs mouth that are nowhere to be found in the bible. They have distorted the holy word of God and have handled it deceitfully. Paul spoke of and warned of these many false teachers and apostles in the church of Corinth in his 2nd epistle, Chapter 2:12 and 4:2. He emphatically declares “For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ. But (we) have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.”

Roma and her husband are making millions of dollars all in the the name of their false fleshly jesus while the simple minded (who are completely ignorant and oblivious to satans devices) are being seduced and led straight to the hirelings shearers and then to the ecumenical spiritual slaughter house where their faith is then shipwrecked. The apostle John in his old age gave us these repeated stern warnings which he he heard with his own ears and was an eye witness to Jesus teachings in Matthew 24: “Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. Little children, let no man deceive you.” (1 John 2:18; 2:26; 3:7).

Does not the apostle Peter give us additional warnings In 1 Peter 2, 2:1-3 about these false teachers such as Downey and Burnett who are fleecing the flock and charging money for their supposed “gospel” which is no gospel at all? “But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.” The Bible is very clear that “MANY” (not just some) will follow their pernicious ways. Here are the words of the “real Jesus” as recorded in Matthew 7:13-15 and what He has to say on this very subject which Peter simply repeated: “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” Again Jesus said “Many” which when millions are suddenly flocking to a Hollywood jesus its a clear indicator it’s most likely a false christ and another gospel. Take heed bible believers. In these last days we are warned by the apostle Peter in 1 Pet. 5:8-9 to be aware and to “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour, Whom resist stedfast in the faith”. Roma can say “we cut the devil off and out of the script” but Peter says otherwise. Obviously the devil is much more clever than Roma Downey and has clearly deceived her starting with the roman catholic church and then extensively at the USM. What does Roma and Mark not understand about the fact that as born again blood bought bible believers “the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but spiritual”?

Roma Downey is a new ager. Google Roma Downey University of Santa Monica. Jump on the USM website and look at its Founder, John-Roger and the many new age teachers and guest speakers. Google John-Roger the founder (John-Roger is his dual spirit guide name) and MSIA (Movement of Spritual Inner Awareness).

In Roma Downeys own words (her purpose for the miniseries and movies including her interpretation of what the message of the bible is to the world – which is what she learned at USM): “I don’t have to work. I’m very blessed, very fortunate. So my passion, my purpose is to be involved with things that uplift and open people’s hearts and raise their consciousness,” she says. “And the message, ultimately, of the Bible, the message of Jesus, is, ‘Can’t we all see that spark of light in each other, which is God — respect each other and love each other and get along together?”.

Barbara Marx Hubbard, a well know new ager is a frequent guest speaker and teacher at USM and imparts her enlightenment teachings to the students and faculty which she has done so for many years. Consider Hubbards teachings which is in line with Roma’s statement above on conscious evolution and the “inner spark” that supposedly each human has and needs to be made conciously aware of and awaken to the divine within as published on the "Awaken" website.

Contrary to Roma's new age Jesus she is preaching, a true messenger of God speaks in sincerity, honestly, and simplicity. In Paul’s 2nd epistle to the Corinthians he says: "Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.”

Bible believers, we have the inspired Holy infallible Inherent Word Of God which contains all that we need for training in righteousness and godly living. Roma and her Husband are using a pagan avenue to bring another jesus, a false new age christ conciousness to the world and are re-writing Gods Word and taking away from it bring a curse upon themselves. Roma is corrupting and polluting the pure Word of God with the heresies she learned at USM and the roman catholic church.

The Apostle Paul continues with the Church of Corinth: ” But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.”

To my true Brothers and Sisters in the Common Faith, in and through our Lord Jesus Christ, I end with these same words from Paul the Apostle concerning your yoking and joining ecumenically with those who are luring you to the new age jesus of Roma Downey:

“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” 2 Cor. 6:14-18

Last edited by a moderator:

duckdogger

The result is if it deviates one iota from God's word, it is of satan. Not that it was the writers' or producers' objective, but compromise in any area is a satanic win. Dilution is just that.

gtwilliams

Sorry to bring this discussion even lower, but heard on the news that there is now a Twitter hashtag #hotJesus which came about as a result of the actor's looks who portrayed Jesus in the movie. It makes me feel sick to even type that.

SBH29

Sorry to bring this discussion even lower, but heard on the news that there is now a Twitter hashtag #hotJesus which came about as a result of the actor's looks who portrayed Jesus in the movie. It makes me feel sick to even type that.

And to think it is going to get worse.....I'm ready now.:pray:

EnRapturedwithChrist

Well, my mother and 3 church friends and myself went and saw it this afternoon. Thought I would see it for myself before I judged it, to be fair.

Although some cinematic parts were well done and they did capture some of the mood and emotion very well, on the whole it deviated from the Bible in many aspects and is therefore an extremely poor movie.

It was very friendly to the Roman Catholic Religion and they will be pleased with how Peter and Mary were portrayed. Jesus told Peter that he was the rock on which he would build his church, for example. Mary (the

mother of Jesus) seemed to be everywhere and even helped Jesus pick up the cross after he fell to the ground.

Very disjointed with many errors such as many misquotations and paraphrases, Jesus having being pierced through his palms rather than his wrists, Peter celebrating communion right after he finds out Jesus is alive, Thomas not

reaching into Jesus' side, etc, etc.

In summation, any redeeming features of the film were dashed away by the way they hamhandedly slapped things together.

:thumbdown Overall, I give it two thumbs down. :thumbdown

Oh and every time I saw Roma Downey, she looked like she had a serpent like face. I can't explain it well (maybe it was the flaring nostrils) but it was quite disturbing to me. :twitch

Thanks for the "heads up". I knew there was something wrong with the promo for the "Son of God" movie but couldn't quite put my finger on it. The lady that cuts my hair is a good Christian and is excited about it. I'll spread the word to her and others as well. Thanks again and next time I will trust my scriptural instincts !:hat:

Lily

Looking Up
Thank you all for putting in the time and effort for giving this movie a thoughtful and well-rounded review. So disappointing that it gets a robust thumbs-down, but not surprised really. I won't waste my money on it but instead will donate to a sound ministry instead.

It's impossible to warn all the unsuspecting people who will see it, so I pray that God uses the movie for good and leads those who are truly searching,to His Truth.

God Bless you.

Raptureholic

I'm so encouraged by the replies on this thread. It encourages me to see that their are still born-again Christians who are understanding of the times and discerning what is false from truth.
I for one don't care much for these types of movies portraying our Lord, because first and foremost we don't know what he looked like.
He might have had short hair and was dark skinned for all we know. In this latest film, he looks like a model to me.
These types of movies don't lead men to repentance, its just for profit and entertainment purposes.

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Thank you all for putting in the time and effort for giving this movie a thoughtful and well-rounded review. So disappointing that it gets a robust thumbs-down, but not surprised really. I won't waste my money on it but instead will donate to a sound ministry instead. It's impossible to warn all the unsuspecting people who will see it, so I pray that God uses the movie for good and leads those who are truly searching,to His Truth.

God Bless you.

I've just today begun praying that Rapture Forums would receive enough donations to cover operational expenses! Just a thought!

Rapture Forums - Donations

rollo

What do you want to bet that TBN will pick up this movie like they did The Passion. I never watched The Passion because of what people said about it and besides, what happened to Jesus happened to him just once. I'm not into torture and I'll definitely not sit there and watch it over and over again. What Jesus did at the cross was to die for the sins of the world. Not get beaten and killed for entertainment purposes! Reading that part of Scripture is difficult enough for me but it happened. But I do always look forward to the Resurrection.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my mother and 3 church friends and myself went and saw it this afternoon. Thought I would see it for myself before I judged it, to be fair.

Although some cinematic parts were well done and they did capture some of the mood and emotion very well, on the whole it deviated from the Bible in many aspects and is therefore an extremely poor movie.

It was very friendly to the Roman Catholic Religion and they will be pleased with how Peter and Mary were portrayed. Jesus told Peter that he was the rock on which he would build his church, for example. Mary (the mother of Jesus) seemed to be everywhere and even helped Jesus pick up the cross after he fell to the ground.

Very disjointed with many errors such as many misquotations and paraphrases, Jesus having being pierced through his palms rather than his wrists, Peter celebrating communion right after he finds out Jesus is alive, Thomas not

reaching into Jesus' side, etc, etc.

In summation, any redeeming features of the film were dashed away by the way they hamhandedly slapped things together.

:thumbdown Overall, I give it two thumbs down. :thumbdown

Oh and every time I saw Roma Downey, she looked like she had a serpent like face. I can't explain it well (maybe it was the flaring nostrils) but it was quite disturbing to me. :twitch

No doubt the RCC will use the bolded above to try to prove their points, even though the scripture they use to make their point is used out of context. And I am not surprised about their portryal of Mary picking up the Cross with Jesus, that plays into their belief and straight from the catechism that Mary is "co-redeemer". :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

EnRapturedwithChrist

I might also mention that it really wasn't told why Jesus had to die in the movie.

Sin was mentioned a couple of times in the movie (adultrous woman, paralytic lowered through the roof getting his sins forgiven, Jesus associating with sinners) but it was never emphasized that Jesus died for the sins

of the world.

Shame they couldn't even do that. :(

Also, I recall a scene during the Last Supper where the High priest is praying to God and some pagans are praying to some idol in the shape of an animal. (a cow, IIRC) I'm not sure exactly what they were trying to communicate there. It almost seemed like they were trying to make the three different religions (well Christianity is not a religion but perhaps to the movie makers it is) co-equal? :scratch:

I await other people's impressions of the film. There is a lot more I could say. :p

Last edited: