Beth Moore has left the SBC

GotGrace

SHOCKER!!! :sarcasm

I'm SO not surprised except how long it took her to explode out of the confines of conservative Christianity if SBC can even still be considered conservative any more.

NOW however I suspect she is fast tracking towards ordination as a priest. Or priestess as the case might be!

Anglican is simply the Church of England across the world except for America where it became Episcopalian due to the Revolution and parting ways with mother England.

There is High Church Anglican and Low Church Anglican. High Church is as close to Catholic as you can get and still be in the Protestant camp while Low Church is slightly more evangelical or it used to be a century back or so.

Around my neck of the woods Anglicans are in the lead for ordaining women and extra bonus brownie points if they are lesbians. Which she isn't. So maybe she'll be a little slower in her dash for the pulpit.

She'll be welcomed by her besties in the Mysti Chicks gang

Chris Roseborough called it way back -- here is an article dated Sept 13, 2016

https://churchwatchcentral.com/2016...sing-why-the-mcu-is-a-threat-to-christianity/

I agreed with Chris R on this (not on everything he writes OK) and he nailed it then.

I know a lot of people were unhappy that he was "targeting" Beth as she was one of the sacred cows of Christian women's Bible studies.

He was right.

I know we had a few threads tracking some of the other MystiChicks, including Nadia Bolz Weber who has gone on a similar path to ordination. Only Nadia belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America where she was ordained.

Laodicea is gathering strength in these last days for the final transformation as they merge into the Whore of Babylon during the Tribulation.

Leaving Biblical norms and standards behind, in their quest to find spiritual truth outside the boundaries.
Very interesting. I have never even heard of some of these groups until I read about them on here.

biblegirl

What bothers me about people like Beth Moore is how dishonest they are about their true beliefs. Within months of leaving the SBC, she morphed with amazing speed into touting her admiration for and agreement with the Anglican church. Surely her beliefs did not change that quickly. That tells me that she was hiding her true beliefs while she was still a Southern Baptist, and I find that very deceptive.

Wings Like Eagles

What bothers me about people like Beth Moore is how dishonest they are about their true beliefs. Within months of leaving the SBC, she morphed with amazing speed into touting her admiration for and agreement with the Anglican church. Surely her beliefs did not change that quickly. That tells me that she was hiding her true beliefs while she was still a Southern Baptist, and I find that very deceptive.
There is a lot of politicking and rivalry that goes on at the level of the "big ministries". The "big name pastors" are often more politician than pastor, as sad as that is. They get sucked into compromising their ministries for $$$ and maintaining their celebrity status.

Personal ambition on the part of a "shepherd" is the enemy of what is proper in a church leader.

Wings Like Eagles

SHOCKER!!! :sarcasm

I'm SO not surprised except how long it took her to explode out of the confines of conservative Christianity if SBC can even still be considered conservative any more.

NOW however I suspect she is fast tracking towards ordination as a priest. Or priestess as the case might be!

Anglican is simply the Church of England across the world except for America where it became Episcopalian due to the Revolution and parting ways with mother England.

There is High Church Anglican and Low Church Anglican. High Church is as close to Catholic as you can get and still be in the Protestant camp while Low Church is slightly more evangelical or it used to be a century back or so.

Around my neck of the woods Anglicans are in the lead for ordaining women and extra bonus brownie points if they are lesbians. Which she isn't. So maybe she'll be a little slower in her dash for the pulpit.

She'll be welcomed by her besties in the Mysti Chicks gang

Chris Roseborough called it way back -- here is an article dated Sept 13, 2016

https://churchwatchcentral.com/2016...sing-why-the-mcu-is-a-threat-to-christianity/

I agreed with Chris R on this (not on everything he writes OK) and he nailed it then.

I know a lot of people were unhappy that he was "targeting" Beth as she was one of the sacred cows of Christian women's Bible studies.

He was right.

I know we had a few threads tracking some of the other MystiChicks, including Nadia Bolz Weber who has gone on a similar path to ordination. Only Nadia belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America where she was ordained.

Laodicea is gathering strength in these last days for the final transformation as they merge into the Whore of Babylon during the Tribulation.

Leaving Biblical norms and standards behind, in their quest to find spiritual truth outside the boundaries.
Jesus, in His letters to the Seven Churches, speaks to the issue of "that Jezebel" in the Church of Thyatira who was leading the church into doctrinal corruption as well as corrupt practice. It is a very serious transgression to do that--and it risks punishment in both this life, and the next. When a believer embraces ritual, it is often sought as a means to avoid deep repentance. It welcomes an ersatz spirituality in the place of a spirituality that God provides exclusively through His Holy Spirit.

The very early Church was free of ritual (unless one wants to argue that communion is a ritual). Over the many centuries, some of the churches have become infected with the mysticism and ritual of the pagans. Specifically, the RCC and other "daughter" churches have inculcated ritual such as that found there, as well as the High Anglican churches (which is essentially, the RCC without a Pope) to avoid having to confront their own sin. Some of the Popes behaved in ways that were shockingly out of step with the Holy Spirit. In those with a "religious" bent, ritual becomes a substitute for true and real faith. Sadly, many resist that power of the Holy Spirit because of pride. Pride stands totally against true faith in some and impairs the faith of others. The reason why Jesus is dubbed the Great Physician is that He heals the hearts of those who are devoted to Him. Jesus noted in Mark 7, of the ways that the heart is corrupted by life in this world, so under the domination of Satan. Of all of Satan's influence to evil, pride is the worst because it comes between us and that heart-healing which we all need.

daygo

There is a lot of politicking and rivalry that goes on at the level of the "big ministries". The "big name pastors" are often more politician than pastor, as sad as that is. They get sucked into compromising their ministries for $$$ and maintaining their celebrity status.

Personal ambition on the part of a "shepherd" is the enemy of what is proper in a church leader.
Agree.

RestInHim

Jesus, in His letters to the Seven Churches, speaks to the issue of "that Jezebel" in the Church of Thyatira who was leading the church into doctrinal corruption as well as corrupt practice. It is a very serious transgression to do that--and it risks punishment in both this life, and the next. When a believer embraces ritual, it is often sought as a means to avoid deep repentance. It welcomes an ersatz spirituality in the place of a spirituality that God provides exclusively through His Holy Spirit.

The very early Church was free of ritual (unless one wants to argue that communion is a ritual). Over the many centuries, some of the churches have become infected with the mysticism and ritual of the pagans. Specifically, the RCC and other "daughter" churches have inculcated ritual such as that found there, as well as the High Anglican churches (which is essentially, the RCC without a Pope) to avoid having to confront their own sin. Some of the Popes behaved in ways that were shockingly out of step with the Holy Spirit. In those with a "religious" bent, ritual becomes a substitute for true and real faith. Sadly, many resist that power of the Holy Spirit because of pride. Pride stands totally against true faith in some and impairs the faith of others. The reason why Jesus is dubbed the Great Physician is that He heals the hearts of those who are devoted to Him. Jesus noted in Mark 7, of the ways that the heart is corrupted by life in this world, so under the domination of Satan. Of all of Satan's influence to evil, pride is the worst because it comes between us and that heart-healing which we all need.

Yes, "that woman Jezebel" who CALLS herself a prophetess, she was not called and we know well from Scripture that woman are never called to be Pastor's in the Church. Jesus also mentions how he gave her time to repent and she did NOT..... AND so he disciplines her AND those who also follow her in sin, He will cause them great tribulation unless they repent of their deeds. He also says He will kill her children with death and we know that God does sometimes take His children home in death due to sin.

Satan is a liar and is looking to deceive as many as he can, we all can be deceived which is a warning for us all to make sure we are in His word and taking all that we hear from Teachers/others to God's word!

Lynn

Longing for Home
That blesses me, Cheeky and I must say that I enjoy your posts too. Maybe we will meet up soon, in heaven, if the Lord does not tarry much longer. :) I sincerely believe that He is coming soon.
I think maybe we all three are or have been counselors of women. I'm very limited in the amount of time I spend in counseling, because God has called me to return to teaching which I love. All of us learn so much together. But, as we know, Bible teachers also do some counseling with their students. At this season of my life, I would not have chosen either path, but God made it very clear what He wanted me to do. We all know what that's like, and we suddenly have a strong desire to do whatever it is He asks, even if we formerly did not want to do that.

PattiCake

"I know a lot of people were unhappy that he was "targeting" Beth as she was one of the sacred cows of Christian women's Bible studies."
I for one, never got anything out of any of her teachings. I was gifted a devotional of hers and I donated it to the used book store. Her jumping ship does not surprise me. :)