Best study at a beginner level

yrrek

I have never lead a Bible study before but I’ve been a part of one for a long time. I feel a strong pull towards the idea of trying to start one at the center my niece is placed at. In my walk with the Lord, I find it more difficult to think at a level that would be for a baby Christian. If God is calling me to start a study for these young girls, I can’t give them the meat of the word first. I know this…. But… what is a good study that wouldn’t be too deep? Sunday I’m going to visit her and I got her a Bible for Christmas. I plan on asking the center what they have for options for the girls when it comes to Church and religion. She was open to Jesus before so I’m not afraid of total rejection. I’m just praying she will grasp the gospel and run with it. Hopefully if they won’t allow me to organize a study, they can connect me with a pastor or someone who may be able to be used by God instead.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
what is a good study that wouldn’t be too deep? Sunday I’m going to visit her and I got her a Bible for Christmas. I plan on asking the center what they have for options for the girls when it comes to Church and religion
Yrrek, for about 7 or 8 months this year, I taught the gospel of John to a brand spankin' new believer and a close friend of hers who had attended church for 20+ years, but had barely a grasp of what the truth of God's Word was all about. They're not young teens like you're talking about. Your role is more challenging than mine was. So many of the pre-packaged studies that are offered for young girls (boys), are just so much fluff, rarely good foundational truths. God bless you dear Yrrek for seeking a way to give 'real' help to your niece and other young girls.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have never lead a Bible study before but I’ve been a part of one for a long time. I feel a strong pull towards the idea of trying to start one at the center my niece is placed at. In my walk with the Lord, I find it more difficult to think at a level that would be for a baby Christian. If God is calling me to start a study for these young girls, I can’t give them the meat of the word first. I know this…. But… what is a good study that wouldn’t be too deep? Sunday I’m going to visit her and I got her a Bible for Christmas. I plan on asking the center what they have for options for the girls when it comes to Church and religion. She was open to Jesus before so I’m not afraid of total rejection. I’m just praying she will grasp the gospel and run with it. Hopefully if they won’t allow me to organize a study, they can connect me with a pastor or someone who may be able to be used by God instead.

I think Jack Kelley has a ton of resources on his site that we also post on Rapture Forums. His writing style is very easy and is not technical in big seminary terms that might turn off a "beginner" so I would recommend his site. It is also one where they can do a search on the site to look up topics they are interested in.

https://gracethrufaith.com

I'm not really comfortable in promoting other ministries and teachers that I have not heard of as I can't vouch for what they teach. But I have thoroughly read most all the articles that Jack has on his site and they are from the sound, conservative, and fundamental positions on the Bible.

We have over 13,000 articles on the main site of Rapture Forums. Now many of those deal with politics and the culture wars, but the majority of those articles are Bible study articles on various topics. I'd recommend that you look search our articles and you can feel free to print them out and take the bits and pieces of the articles to use in your own Bible studies. I'd pay special attention to the scripture verses used and let the Word of God do a lot of the speaking for you.

At the bottom of each page on the main site is a "search" box that you can use. You can also go to the main "featured articles" page at the link below and use the search box to the right to look for articles as well.

https://www.raptureforums.com/featured-articles/

I hope that helps.

Back