Benny Hinn no longer believes in prosperity gospel

madcat

Very interesting. Will he sell his personal Lear Jets, huge real estate holdings, admit the years of “healing services” where innocent people were deceived, etc.?
Time will tell. Maybe he will continue to publicly admit the apostasy of WOF agendas, and God bless him if he does. He could be instrumental in steering millions away from a false gospel.
:hmmm:hmmm:hmmm

TimeWarpWife

If I recall correctly, some years ago when I was still watching The 700 Club, Mr. Hinn renounced the prosperity gospel way back then, but didn't seem to put it into practice. I could be wrong, but I have a memory of him talking to Pat Robertson about this very thing years ago. When he sells his mansions, private jet, and every other material gain he's made from the lies he's peddled for decades off the prosperity gospel, then I'll believe he's serious about it. Call me jaded, but I won't be holding my breath he'll ever do this.

anath

I Love the Lord
Y'all take this with a grain of salt. There is no remorse, there was NO Apology or even the least bit humbleness. He just calls it a mistake and that he 'corrected' his theology. Nothing about deceiving and misleading his followers.

Cloud Watcher

In the early 1990s, after a friend of mine was diagnosed with MS, I accompanied her to one of his healing crusades. Our seats were too far away for her to go up for prayer. What shocked us both was when they were going to take an offering, and he told people to get out their credit cards.

athenasius

you'll know them by their fruits. When I see the fruit of humility, genuine repentance accompanied by actions that speak of that repentance, and a true heartfelt hatred for his former heresies and unsound teaching, THEN I'll be cheering from the rooftops.

Till then, I'm a skeptic that somehow this type of lip service is just window dressing, something to sucker his audience into paying more for.

Kind of reminds me of the many times King Saul repented, for a short time, once even going around prophesying for a short period but he always slid back into his same ol' same ol' ways.

maryrae

I concur with all comments thus far! My thoughts as well, that he was using his statement to further increase the flow of money. Thought: Perhaps his "seed money" was refusing to germinate & was starting to rapidly dry up. Perhaps he's merely desperate & will do anything to get more?

Momma D

When I saw the OP, my first thought was 'what has he done to prove it."
All the comments above seem to indicate that the answer is nothing.
I need to go back and check out the source...

OK...I watched the video.
He alluded to the fact that he has been sick, but couldn't announce it until now. Why not?
He did not look well to me, and only God knows his true heart.
If he is sincere, praise God. If not, he needs prayer more than he ever has.
Only eternity will tell, but we have to watch his actions, not just listen to his words.
Every one of us here has come to repentance...he can as well. :pray

Last edited:

dreamermind

When I saw the OP, my first thought was 'what has he done to prove it."
All the comments above seem to indicate that the answer is nothing.
I need to go back and check out the source...

OK...I watched the video.
He alluded to the fact that he has been sick, but couldn't announce it until now. Why not?
He did not look well to me, and only God knows his true heart.
If he is sincere, praise God. If not, he needs prayer more than he ever has.
Only eternity will tell, but we have to watch his actions, not just listen to his words.
Every one of us here has come to repentance...he can as well. :pray
Yeah I thought his actual words sounded sincere but it wasn’t quite enough after he’s been preaching that for so many years. It wasn’t really heartfelt his “change of heart “.

Spartan Sprinter 1

In the early 1990s, after a friend of mine was diagnosed with MS, I accompanied her to one of his healing crusades. Our seats were too far away for her to go up for prayer. What shocked us both was when they were going to take an offering, and he told people to get out their credit cards.
My Samoan friend's father was paralysed and in a wheelchair and actually paid a substantial sum of money for a "Benny miracle", my friend's father sadly lost faith in God because of the huckster,anyway, I really do hope he feels true remorse

madcat

My Samoan friend's father was paralysed and in a wheelchair and actually paid a substantial sum of money for a "Benny miracle", my friend's father sadly lost faith in God because of the huckster,anyway, I really do hope he feels true remorse
I think showing remorse is the key here. I know God doesn’t require us to air our “dirty laundry” for all the world to see, but in a case like this of someone who is such a huge public figure and supposed to be a minister, well, the Bible says they will be held to a higher standard.
If he just sticks with his “change of opinion” about money and the Bible, and fails to make some visible atonement for his decades of duping of countless numbers of people, then it seems this would wreak of needing to “put your money where your mouth is” ——literally, in this case.
We’ll see ————-:idunno:idunno

Hidden

When I think of the false teachers described in Jude and the two epistles of Peter, immediately Benny Hinn comes to mind. So unless we actually see a radical change in his life, the fact remains that he's one of the prominent teachers that have promoted so much falsehood and has misled millions of people around the world.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
....So unless we actually see a radical change in his life....
:sad That's exactly right. Words are easy, but actions, fruit, shows the truth of a situation.

https://onenewsnow.com/church/2019/09/06/benny-hinn-im-done-with-it

Christian apologist and author Dr. Alex McFarland calls Hinn's decision "an amazing theological turn by one of the leaders of the Charismatic movement, televangelism and the prosperity gospel for several decades."

But McFarland says only time will tell if Hinn has actually weaned himself off the heresy. Still, it's a bold move, he adds.
"To the degree that he is truly getting a more biblical perspective on the atonement and what the true message of salvation is, I'm thrilled – and I applaud his courage," McFarland tells OneNewsNow.