Bennett to Jewish leaders: I won’t meet PA chief Abbas; he took Israel to ICC

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Bennett to Jewish leaders: I won’t meet PA chief Abbas; he took Israel to ICC
In call with US Conference of Presidents, PM says he’ll take steps to ‘reduce friction’ with Palestinians, arguing that middle ground is worth pursuing even if conflict unsolvable
By Jacob Magid

NEW YORK — Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Friday that he would not meet with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, given Abbas’s decision to bring Israel before the International Criminal Court on charges of war crimes.

“As someone who comes from the business world, when someone sues me, I’m not really that nice to him,” Bennett said during an off-the-record Zoom call with leaders from the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, according to one of the participants who spoke to The Times of Israel afterward.

In March, the ICC’s chief prosecutor announced that she was opening an investigation into actions committed by Israel and the Palestinians in the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem since June 13, 2014. It was Abbas’s request to The Hague that led to the opening of the probe.

more............ https://www.timesofisrael.com/benne...bas-after-pa-chief-brought-israel-before-icc/