Bema Seat Question

SonSeeker

Thanks Adrian. Yes, your answer does help. Service to others is very enjoyable in its own right. It is simply knowing that we were in the right place and doing the right thing.
In retrospect, I should have thought of you, Adrian. What you do for RF is service to Christ, and I have seen how much you enjoy performing that service! You occasionally receive an accolade or two, but that is not why you do what you do.
Thanks again, bro.

BlueRegard

I would like to add that rewards, I would think, would not just be based on our evangelistic efforts. Perhaps things to consider are prayers and concern for fellow Christians, reading and studying the Bible, following where the Lord leads in our daily lives, staying in fellowship with Him, growing as a Christian. Developing the fruits of the Spirit by His Grace came to mind. When we do go astray, how do we respond to discipline? Are we using our talents for His Glory? (Every time one of my daughters completes a book of drawings and sketches, she writes in it, "All Glory Be to Jesus Christ", kinda like what Bach did on his music). It seems to me that there are many, many ways that Christians can be rewarded at the Bema.

Thank you sister. :hug

jonshaff

Fellow Servant
(These last few posts have brought tears of joy to my eyes! Seeing my family loving the services we perform, out of the love we have for others, through Christ is just precious! What a sweet spirit!)
There's a sweet, sweet Spirit in this place,
And I know that it's the Spirit of the Lord;
There are sweet expressions on each face,
And I know they feel the presence of the Lord.

Chorus
Sweet Holy Spirit, Sweet heavenly Dove,
Stay right here with us, filling us with Your love.
And for these blessings we lift our hearts in praise;
Without a doubt we'll know that we have been revived,
When we shall leave this place.

SonSeeker

(These last few posts have brought tears of joy to my eyes! Seeing my family loving the services we perform, out of the love we have for others, through Christ is just precious! What a sweet spirit!)
Thank you. ReadyforSupper. Doing these little things for those who truly can't do them themselves is a genuine pleasure. And when there are many of us helping out, the word "work" doesn't apply. We are having fun helping fellow Christians, and the Lord honors that. In Jesus, we all win!:meet

ReadyforSupper

There's a sweet, sweet Spirit in this place,
And I know that it's the Spirit of the Lord;
There are sweet expressions on each face,
And I know they feel the presence of the Lord.

Chorus
Sweet Holy Spirit, Sweet heavenly Dove,
Stay right here with us, filling us with Your love.
And for these blessings we lift our hearts in praise;
Without a doubt we'll know that we have been revived,
When we shall leave this place.
This brings tears to my eyes every single time I hear it.

I've wanted to sing it in the church, but I cry every time lol.

mattfivefour

I also like the video that follows it— Elvis speaking to a young fan and asking to see her sign., When she turns it to him he sees that it says "Elvis is the King!". He thanks her for the thought but tells her he cannot accept that he is the title of king "Because," he says, "to me there is only one king— Jesus Christ."

ReadyforSupper

I also like the video that follows it— Elvis speaking to a young fan and asking to see her sign., When she turns it to him he sees that it says "Elvis is the King!". He thanks her for the thought but tells her he cannot accept that he is the title of king "Because," he says, "to me there is only one king— Jesus Christ."
I can't wait to see our brother! You know he's gotta be singing solos in that heavenly choir!:cloud9

I think that well be too enraptured by being in the presence of Christ to be concerned with our actions. Like Geri noted, its a reward ceremony!

Things to remember:
1 Corinthians 11:31
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
2 Corinthians 13:5a Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.

We are to weigh our works ourselves, while we're here and still have the chance. It will help to build our treasures on the Foundation, which is Christ.
(It'll eliminate a lot of black smoke!)

This is something I struggle with daily. I have so many flaws it's not even funny. It seems I spend a good part of my life repenting for thoughts or deeds that are out of alignment with the Lord. So for me it's a daily process to renew myself in Christ Jesus, to check myself at the door each morning before I face the rest of the world. This is why we need a daily diet of reading the scriptures and prayer. It's that continued relationship with Jesus that will keep us sharp.

It's funny how when you submit yourself to this process, that the Lord will show you things you've never noticed before. Sometimes it's the little things that nobody else sees that shows our true character. For example, I was in a public restroom not so long ago and when I went to toss the paper towel into the trash, I accidentally missed it and it landed on the floor. I started to ignore it and head for the door, but then I felt a distinct nudging to go back, pick it up and put it in the trash where it belonged. On the grand scheme of life, it's not a deal breaker, but I know the Lord wants me to act like a Christian in every situation (even when no one else can see what we're doing), which in this case goes along with my upbringing that when you make a mess, you clean it up and that we're to be respectful toward others - which includes cleaning up after ourselves so the next person won't have to do it for us. It may sound silly, but those little things do add up. When you align yourself with God you begin to realize that EVERYTHING counts because we no longer belong to this world but to Him.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:1)

Rez63

This is something I struggle with daily. I have so many flaws it's not even funny. It seems I spend a good part of my life repenting for thoughts or deeds that are out of alignment with the Lord. So for me it's a daily process to renew myself in Christ Jesus, to check myself at the door each morning before I face the rest of the world. This is why we need a daily diet of reading the scriptures and prayer. It's that continued relationship with Jesus that will keep us sharp.

It's funny how when you submit yourself to this process, that the Lord will show you things you've never noticed before. Sometimes it's the little things that nobody else sees that shows our true character. For example, I was in a public restroom not so long ago and when I went to toss the paper towel into the trash, I accidentally missed it and it landed on the floor. I started to ignore it and head for the door, but then I felt a distinct nudging to go back, pick it up and put it in the trash where it belonged. On the grand scheme of life, it's not a deal breaker, but I know the Lord wants me to act like a Christian in every situation (even when no one else can see what we're doing), which in this case goes along with my upbringing that when you make a mess, you clean it up and that we're to be respectful toward others - which includes cleaning up after ourselves so the next person won't have to do it for us. It may sound silly, but those little things do add up. When you align yourself with God you begin to realize that EVERYTHING counts because we no longer belong to this world but to Him.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:1)
Great post , Jenny!!!
I have those "Paper towel in the trash"moments myself!!! He uses them to change us into His image. "To obey is better than sacrifice " 1 Sam 15:22
I have found that when I hear that "nudging ", if I listen and obey, I hear Him alot more clearly!!!

WorldWithoutEnd

Love this thread. I like the expressions on Elvis face as he sung, as if to say...

"Y'all don't really know me."

What a tragic end to his life, snuffed out by the cares and riches of this world.
I truly hope that he was saved as only God knew his heart.

WorldWithoutEnd

That's beautiful!!
Thank you sis. CCM ain't got nothing on this.
I blasted this through my headphones and almost went deaf...lol

Could you imagine all of us singing praises to our Lord and King with one accord. I imagine that the sound will be so great that it will be heard from one end of heaven unto the other. Can't wait, but I will.:)

Blessings!

Aiyanna

I realize I'm jumping in a bit late, and perhaps out of place. But I've struggled with this an aweful lot too. I've been guilty of number of things in my life time, and I still struggle every day with sin. People sometimes tell me "you are so sweet!" or "you are such a good person!"; my first thought at hearing those words is "if you knew everything that goes on my head, and all the things I am guilty of, you wouldn't say that":(.
I worry about heavenly rewards too. I live in a very isolated, country area and I'm simply not bold or brave enough to do door-to-door evangelizing. I feel bad all the time about that, and feel that I'm not doing enough. I often feel like a complete failure as a Christian. But someone (a fellow Christian) said something once that got me to thinking. We all know that God knows about all of our sins; even the ones we aren't aware of. But that must also mean that He knows all the good things we've said and done without realizing too. While spreading His Word is definitely important, I've been thinking that there's far more to serving God than just being an evangelist.
Anyway, those are just my thoughts.

It's the rewards I am anxious about! I have confessed to God that I don't want to be the schmuck in heaven that doesn't get any rewards or crowns.

I get this. I have struggled with it myself. I understand that we have been washed clean from our sins. All of them. When Jesus said IT IS FINISHED. He meant IT IS FINISHED. I've always understood it that sinners were being judged for punishment, but saints were being judged for reward. But it almost feels works based. If we are free from sin and free from the law, and we know its not works based---then what ARE we being rewarded for. I think its our FAITH??

Back