Believer's who arent watching and the rapture.

daygo

Simple question what's the opinion on other believers who aren't watching for the rapture will hear Trumpet. I thought of this when watching and waiting for a bus, while waiting for a bus, the bus suddenly appeared and I almost missed it. Not saying they'll miss the rapture just that they won't hear the Trumpet.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
We may also hear a command like in Revelation to "come up here." But I don't know of any precedent in the Bible of a person not hearing God because they were unaware of a certain truth. It's just a matter of whom God purposes to speak to I think. But as I've heard it before, "we may need to explain it on the way up"

Pat

Simple question what's the opinion on other believers who aren't watching for the rapture will hear Trumpet. I thought of this when watching and waiting for a bus, while waiting for a bus, the bus suddenly appeared and I almost missed it. Not saying they'll miss the rapture just that they won't hear the Trumpet.
What does scripture say? This is what WILL happen, watching and listening or not. Deaf people won't be excluded just as saved people who have died first. A good example is when Jesus raised Lazarus. Lazarus heard Jesus call him forth even though he was dead.

1Thesallonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: :17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. :18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

daygo

Thanks for input, myself I think the believers who aren't aware of the rapture won't hear anything they'll be taken up and will be a surprise if not a shock at what's happening, this is what impression I get with listening to believers and what they say and don't say. Am not dogmatic in my thinking.

Pat

Thanks for input, myself I think the believers who aren't aware of the rapture won't hear anything they'll be taken up and will be a surprise if not a shock at what's happening, this is what impression I get with listening to believers and what they say and don't say. Am not dogmatic in my thinking.
Agree. That's why being more conformed to the image of Christ here today will make the transition less radical.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. :3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Lastcall

If the trumpet comes from above for all His church, how then could a member of His church not hear the sound?

usoutpost31

They’ll hear it. They just won’t understand what’s happening.
I don't know about that. The way Paul describes the Rapture, it seems unmistakeable to me. Could be we witness it, just as Paul described. Even though none of us have seen the Lord Jesus, we will still recognize him.

When Jesus comes back at the end of the Tribulation, "every eye" will see him and "all the tribes of the earth" will mourn. Even the unbelievers will know what they're seeing when Jesus comes back. It should not be that unbelievers recognize Jesus returning, but believers would be confused about it. So as we are "children of the light", I believe we will know exactly what is happening, even if a person is unfamiliar with the doctrine of the Rapture.

Those who are not watching will be caught off guard, however. Those who are leading unproductive lives, will be ashamed, and may have a devastating experience at the Bema seat.

daygo

If the trumpet comes from above for all His church, how then could a member of His church not hear the sound?
Imo quite easily, they will be busy and have one foot in this world all they will hear is a sound, dismiss it and try to carry on which they wont be able to do. Just an opinion and pure speculation on my part but I can easily see it happening.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Imo quite easily, they will be busy and have one foot in this world all they will hear is a sound, dismiss it and try to carry on which they wont be able to do. Just an opinion and pure speculation on my part but I can easily see it happening.

I think it would be hard to ignore the voice and trumpet of God. When He spoke to the Israelites, they begged Him to stop because they believed they would die if He continued. It might even be rather frightening for someone who doesn't know what's going on

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Agree. IMPOSSIBLE. He calls, He blasts, His people hear Him. Yes, for some of His Children it will be a shock, nevertheless, they hear and respond, just as He knew they would before they were even born!
It will be a shock to some :shocked believers because there are those who don't believe in a pre-trib rapture. They are mid-tribulation, and post-tribulation after the 7 years believers.

Last edited:

pixelpusher

Well, it'll be too fast for anyone to be shocked, faster than blinking your eye. Maybe even too fast to hear the trumpet, given how sound goes kinda slow. But it only says we will be transformed in that atomos of time, I still wonder will we go up slowly until the clouds hide us. Jesus did. Elijah had time to throw his mantel back down. And I do wonder if we will just "know" in the seconds before.

eta: well the mantel fell, but Elisha had time to see it all happen

athenasius

It's got to be a nice shock to find out you don't have to eat beans and shoot the neighbours vying for your beans bonanza for 3.5 years or more as the mid and 3/4 tribs think, or hide out in caves trying to survive the full seven as the post toasties think.

Guns and groceries and a lot of tribulating avoided.

A christian is a christian is a christian. We belong to Christ. Even if our eschatology could use a little improvement, we will find ourselves pulled up and out of this mess down here in a flash.

Kind of like dying of a heart attack, but without any pain. Just a loud sound and bang, you're there with billions of your new best friends in Christ.

Graceismine

What does scripture say? This is what WILL happen, watching and listening or not. Deaf people won't be excluded just as saved people who have died first. A good example is when Jesus raised Lazarus. Lazarus heard Jesus call him forth even though he was dead.

1Thesallonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: :17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. :18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Yep, that is the Scripture I go by the dead in Christ and …..WE which are alive and remain (not dead yet) will go. I think the WE are those who are born again as Paul includes us with himself. Good point about those who are deaf. I would have to wear my hearing aids to bed if we had to hear the trumpet.

Reason & Hope

Yep, that is the Scripture I go by the dead in Christ and …..WE which are alive and remain (not dead yet) will go. I think the WE are those who are born again as Paul includes us with himself. Good point about those who are deaf. I would have to wear my hearing aids to bed if we had to hear the trumpet.
Lol. My husband wears hearing aids too, and I'm glad they're not necessary for hearing Jesus' trumpet.
:horn:)