Belarus on high alert after 'four aircraft shot down' over Russia - Lukashenko

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Belarus on high alert after 'four aircraft shot down' over Russia - Lukashenko
Lukashenko's reported visit to the base was his first public appearance in almost a week, following speculation over the health of the 68-year-old leader.
By REUTERS

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko inadvertently confirmed on Monday that four military aircraft had been shot down over Russia last week near the borders of Ukraine and Belarus, saying Minsk had responded by putting its armed forces on high alert. The incident came as Ukraine prepares for a counter-offensive against Russia's invading forces.

The respected Russian news outlet Kommersant reported on Saturday that a Russian raiding party comprising an Su-34 fighter-bomber, an Su-35 fighter, and two Mi-8 helicopters had been shot down in an ambush near Klintsy in Russia's Bryansk region.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/international/article-743138

liv4Him

Son, Husband, Dad, Neighbor
So what does this article mean? I know nothing about Belsarus.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko is Putin's pitbull. He is ruthless and athenasius and Ghoti Ichtus were both correct above.

Putin has already retrofitted many of Belarus aircraft to Cary Russian nukes along with deploying nukes there as well.

I don't doubt Lukashenko would launch the nukes on Putin's command.

athenasius

So what does this article mean? I know nothing about Belsarus.
I'm going to give you the Margery version, my sort of Cliff Notes.

Belarus sits between Russia and Ukraine on one side of Ukraine, and it's between Russia to the east of it, and Poland and the Baltics to the west of it. It's south of Russia, north of Ukraine, east of Poland. A little country that has bounced between Poland and Russia/USSR over the centuries. It's been Russian Orthodox by religion while Poland and parts of Ukraine are Catholic. Well the Ukrainian version of Catholic is a blend of Orthodox and Catholic, but they trend more towards Catholic and as such are hated by Russia.

That means that Poland and Ukraine tend to think more like the West, while Belarus and Russia are more Russian Orthodox and that is a HUGE historical divide.

Belarus has always been used by Russia to protect Russia-- from Napoleon, to Hitler, Russia has used them as a disposable ally and part of the inner ring of defence.

Putin took over the country a few years back, when Lukashenko was about to be kicked out, (L has been in power since "independence" in the 90s) and Putin superglued him in the seat of power there. As long as Lukashenko does what Putin wants nobody else is in power in Belarus.

Lukashenko made a very serious error some years back reaching out to the West-- I think during the Obama era if I remember correctly (or possibly further back), and nearly lost his position, but he sucked up to Vlad just in the nick of time and they were best friends for life after that little issue.

The relationship came in very handy when Vladimir Putin decided to invade Ukraine because Belarus was a great staging ground for the invasion that was coming from the North. Putin wasn't just coming from the north, he was mostly trying to get the whole of the eastern half of Ukraine, plus the Crimean Peninsula to the south, but the northern area was easy to reach from Belarus.

Back when Russia, Belarus and Ukraine were all part of the former USSR that Chernobyl reactor blew up (Chernobyl is in the Ukraine) it blew most of it's radiation onto Belarus which kept Russia from being contaminated.

Belarus acted like one of the inner rings of defence which is how Russia likes things.

They don't really care how many people died in Ukraine or Belarus or Poland, Romania, Yugoslavia or East Germany as long as the heart of Mother Russia was fine.

And nowadays, they still think like that.

Putin wants his disposable allies to form a human shield between Mother Russia and the Ukrainians/Nato alliance.

Sadly I think Belarus will suffer again, as the nuclear fallout winds of any suitcase nukes or small tactical nukes as they call them now will drift north and east from Ukraine and settle in Belarus long before any Russians suffer the effects of a neutron bomb or other smaller nukes.

While I think that will be how Putin winds things up in Ukraine, I may be wrong. If he can strong arm his way to victory without the use of nukes, he would prefer that, but if things continue, he can't wait forever with Russian losses mounting up and more Western democracies sending more money and weapons into Ukraine.

And per my suspicions, Putin put a bunch of his nuclear missiles in Belarus, ready to go against "Ukrainian nazi aggression". Lukashenko doesn't care if his people glow in the dark as long as he gets to be the boss inside Belarus. Which depends on him treating Putin like the real boss of Belarus.

Last edited:

liv4Him

Son, Husband, Dad, Neighbor
I'm going to give you the Margery version, my sort of Cliff Notes.

Belarus sits between Russia and Ukraine on one side of Ukraine, and it's between Russia to the east of it, and Poland and the Baltics to the west of it. It's south of Russia, north of Ukraine, east of Poland. A little country that has bounced between Poland and Russia/USSR over the centuries. It's been Russian Orthodox by religion while Poland and parts of Ukraine are Catholic. Well the Ukrainian version of Catholic is a blend of Orthodox and Catholic, but they trend more towards Catholic and as such are hated by Russia.

That means that Poland and Ukraine tend to think more like the West, while Belarus and Russia are more Russian Orthodox and that is a HUGE historical divide.

Belarus has always been used by Russia to protect Russia-- from Napoleon, to Hitler, Russia has used them as a disposable ally and part of the inner ring of defence.

Putin took over the country a few years back, when Lukashenko was about to be kicked out, (L has been in power since "independence" in the 90s) and Putin superglued him in the seat of power there. As long as Lukashenko does what Putin wants nobody else is in power in Belarus.

Lukashenko made a very serious error some years back reaching out to the West-- I think during the Obama era if I remember correctly (or possibly further back), and nearly lost his position, but he sucked up to Vlad just in the nick of time and they were best friends for life after that little issue.

The relationship came in very handy when Vladimir Putin decided to invade Ukraine because Belarus was a great staging ground for the invasion that was coming from the North. Putin wasn't just coming from the north, he was mostly trying to get the whole of the eastern half of Ukraine, plus the Crimean Peninsula to the south, but the northern area was easy to reach from Belarus.

Back when Russia, Belarus and Ukraine were all part of the former USSR that Chernobyl reactor blew up (Chernobyl is in the Ukraine) it blew most of it's radiation onto Belarus which kept Russia from being contaminated.

Belarus acted like one of the inner rings of defence which is how Russia likes things.

They don't really care how many people died in Ukraine or Belarus or Poland, Romania, Yugoslavia or East Germany as long as the heart of Mother Russia was fine.

And nowadays, they still think like that.

Putin wants his disposable allies to form a human shield between Mother Russia and the Ukrainians/Nato alliance.

Sadly I think Belarus will suffer again, as the nuclear fallout winds of any suitcase nukes or small tactical nukes as they call them now will drift north and east from Ukraine and settle in Belarus long before any Russians suffer the effects of a neutron bomb or other smaller nukes.

While I think that will be how Putin winds things up in Ukraine, I may be wrong. If he can strong arm his way to victory without the use of nukes, he would prefer that, but if things continue, he can't wait forever with Russian losses mounting up and more Western democracies sending more money and weapons into Ukraine.

And per my suspicions, Putin put a bunch of his nuclear missiles in Belarus, ready to go against "Ukrainian nazi aggression". Lukashenko doesn't care if his people glow in the dark as long as he gets to be the boss inside Belarus. Which depends on him treating Putin like the real boss of Belarus.
They Nukes are already there.
I follow a guy named Monkey Werx and he has tracked this all from the beging.

He Said it was the good old USA that did the North stream pipeline the very next day.

He tracked the Navy p8 from the time it took off, when It got topped off by a refueler, when it did the 1st fly by to line it up, then when it circled back and dropped the ordinance and the flight all the way home.

He has had detailed reports in the Nukes and other Russian equipment capable of lunching them being deployed to the region.

And neither Putin or "L" care a lick about anyone else but their thirst for power and control

Back