Beef prices set to surge further as farmers sell off cattle herds

GEOINTAnalyst

U.S. cattle producers are sending higher numbers of breeding stock to the sale barn, and some are liquidating their herds entirely, signaling a trend that analysts say will likely push already-elevated beef prices even higher in the not-too-distant future.

The latest cattle report from the U.S. Department of Agriculture shows the market has contracted to levels not seen in years, with total inventory dropping 2% to 98.8 million head since July 2021.

But it's not just the reduction in cattle overall that is of concern. It's what is getting sent to slaughter. There is a notable boost in calf-producing females getting sold for processing in addition to steers, which are typically favored for consumption."We are seeing large numbers of female stock have been placed in feedlots," USDA livestock analyst Shayle Shagam said in a radio report for the agency Tuesday.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/beef-prices-set-surge-further-farmers-sell-cattle-herds

ChildofLight

Here in Texas we are in drought conditions. Many have already sold off large amounts of livestock early summer. Where I live here in Central Texas, we haven’t had any good soaking rains since last July.
I have a few goats 30 and in September I’ll sell 3 billies and cull out an old goat. Hoping by then the price may be up some.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Other beef producing countries also suffer this “global agenda” leading us to famine.

A fulfillment of prophecy.

I personally believe that the ills of the first 4 seals will come from things that happen once Tribulation begins. I don't believe that what we're experiencing today will have anything to do with the famine that'll come towards the beginning of Tribulation.

DWB

Usually when beef floods the market, prices for cattle goes down. Simple supply and demand. More beef equals lower prices, less beef equals higher prices. This article is wrong based on my twenty years of raising and selling cattle. They are speculating people will stop raising cattle due to increased fertilizer and feed costs. No, the costs will be passed to the consumer just like in any other market. If the feedlots refuse to pay ranchers more to compensate for increased feed costs, then you will see people sell off their herds.

As long as the very small profit remains, I don't see a massive sell off. There are tax benefits for engaging in form of agriculture, I have never made a profit and probably never will, but the property tax savings I get for attempting to be a cattle rancher more than makes up for my losses.