Be careful who you kneel to.

Footsteps

Lavender-haired Rapinoe and the rest of our women's soccer team took a knee to disparage our national anthem before playing Sweden.
Final score:
Sweden 3
U.S.A. 0

You need to get on your knees and thank God you didn't live in Iraq when Saddam Hussein sent athletes to the Olympics. They performed poorly. On their return to Iraq, they were arrested and beaten.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Amen!! Anyone who lives in America needs to thank the Lord (as compared to living in many other countries).
Same for those in Canada and UK.
I often ponder a woman's life in some of these poorer nations and it ain't pretty. And also I am thankful to be born in 1966 and having so many modern conveniences.

These gals are shameful

penbrat

Why are they even at the Olympics "representing" the US if they think the US is so awful? People have NO idea how blessed we are to living in this country (even if it is going downhill fast, which it is, life in the US is still cushy compared to so many other nations)

TimeWarpWife

I used to like watching the Olympics, but as with everything else, wokeness stupidity has ruined it. Won't be watching any of the Olympics and I sincerely hope that every single politically woke, coward-kneeling, Communist-loving, America-hating athlete/team pretending to represent the United States loses. This is how I feel about the women's soccer team losing to Sweden :bouncies :ahaha:chatter

Last edited:

Bethlehem57

Lavender-haired Rapinoe and the rest of our women's soccer team took a knee to disparage our national anthem before playing Sweden.
Final score:
Sweden 3
U.S.A. 0

You need to get on your knees and thank God you didn't live in Iraq when Saddam Hussein sent athletes to the Olympics. They performed poorly. On their return to Iraq, they were arrested and beaten.
I searched for “who sponsors these teams“ and I didn’t realize that companies in the US and worldwide!

I won’t be watching them. Its been awhile since I’ve watched them and used to love watching the equestrian teams compete, although the US hasn’t ever done real well.

What bothers me most is that no other county’s athletes would dare take a knee.

Wings Like Eagles

Right? They are too stupid to realize the only reason they can take a knee is because their country is so awesome.
And the $$$s they've been promised by enemies of the U.S. are good at prompting them too. Some of them will, no doubt, join the entertainment-media complex, in some capacity, in the future. Too bad they didn't win--it would have made more lucrative deals possible for them--there is a cachet in being able to have the chyron say "former Olympic champion". Now, they may slide down the memory-hole, unless they can gin up some way to stay relevant.

Does everyone here know that the world's entertainment-mainstream media complex is majority-owned by globalist enemies of the U.S. (and the Western democratic governments, in general)? It is a fact that there are only FIVE major mainstream media outlets in the U.S. but that doesn't mean that other countries (like Canada, for example) don't have their own equivalent media monopolies. They have interlocking directorates. The same people show up at various international symposiums, over and over and over. Their favorite deal-making time comes every January at Davos (the World Economic Forum). It is a meet-and-greet for the world's wealthiest individuals.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I'd like to see the Olympics go back to a free *regular* channel so people don't have to have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to spend on cable or internet to see it. Ditto MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, and the women's professional leagues of the same sports. There is something wrong about a professional team that makes a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and gets a lot of tax and other benefits from a community, whose televised games are not available to everyone in those communities. There's also something wrong when a private company, such as the NFL or a NFL franchise, can censor people's communication/truncate people's First amendment rights by dictating that other franchises' games can't be televised in their area.

:soapbox :rant :furious :wild :mad :cry2 :frust :cry

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
When sharia, especially strict sharia, is the defacto or official law of the land, bowing/worshipping satan becomes obligatory five times a day. If one finds himself/herself outside at the wrong time, the choice may be breaking the First Commandment or death. There is something terrifying, exhilirating, and peaceful all at the same time when standing while everyone else is facing the same way bent over worshipping. Kind of unnerving after when immediate execution hasn't happened and it is unknown whether or not someone made a call or is following. And watch out for someone(s) grabbing an ankle and pulling one down or holding for the religious police.

Note that walking away isn't an option if there are enough people in an area because prostrating people take up more real estate than standing and walking people do. Running simply calls attention to one's self.

If one can find an indoor safe haven (akin to hiding in a locker room) . . .

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I would like to see the Olympics go back to being just amateurs, instead of professional sports teams. Maybe they would appreciate the opportunity more.

Yeah, since professional athletes were allowed in to the Olympics, I've lost what little interest I had in it. It was nice when amateur athletes were the sole competitors. It also slowed down some individual's progressions to professional athlete status (so they could compete in the Olympics) which at least for some was probably a good thing.

GotGrace

It is a meet-and-greet for the world's wealthiest individuals.
I wondered why I was never invited to the thing. I save all my change and I have an awful lot of it + the .16 from July 4th savings, but I guess that’s not enough to score an invitation.

Seriously can you imagine all the phony baloney going on at that event - people trying to really impress each other. It is not a sin to have wealth as long as the wealth doesn’t have you.

Back to the subject of the games. I‘m not watching them to cheer them on. I don’t feel bad at all that Miss lavender hair kneeler lost big time.

Footsteps

Since so much money is now involved, a form of draft selection is in order.
Protesting your own country's flag makes the athlete a first round draft pick for the worst performing nation competing. Dennis Rodman could announce to Rapinoe that she has been selected by North Korea to lead their tractor throw team in the next Olympics.
Our entire basketball team will represent Yemen.