Baxter Oneness Teacher

Discussion in 'Apostasy in the Local Church' started by lenraff, Jan 10, 2019.

1. lenraff

lenraff Well-Known Member

I can't find the thread so I thought it appropriate to post here info on this person. If this is not the place, forgive me, I just didn't want to let this go by:

Brother Dan and others, Irvin Baxter is a heretic who rejects the deity of our Lord. I know this first hand as he belongs to my son's organization. They believe Jesus was created and has an end and beginning. They are Modalist oneness apostolic teaching blasphemous doctrines of devils. For instance, you MUST speak in tongues to go to heaven!(We are Pentecostals and have NEVER taught such a thing) Let no one fool you, they are no more Christian than muslims or Mormons and share many of the same beliefs. I love my son dearly, but we can have no fellowship with him till God sets him free, he is now a rabid apostate, you can't even have a civil conversation about Christ with him or his people. Theirs is one of the most difficult cults to rescue anyone from.

Eph_5:11  And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2. Everlasting Life

Everlasting Life Through Faith in Jesus

Wow. :ohno

Thanks for the heads up. That's tough! And, praying for son. :pray

3. lenraff

Thank You EL, much appreciated.

Luke12 likes this.
  4. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

:pray

Luke12 and lenraff like this.
  5. Luke12

Luke12 Well-Known Member

After having watched Irvin Baxter for about 2 minutes I knew there was something amiss about him. He had some strange ideas but I don't remember them right now. I didn't know he didn't believe in the Deity of the Messiah.

I've been a Christian for some 37 years and have been through all kinds of crazy teachings and have listened to preachers like Leroy Jenkins, Earnest Angely, just to name a couple. And been through the "Toronto blessing" nonsense and Hebrew roots teachings. God has brought me through all that heresy stuff and I pray He will bring your son through it also.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    lenraff, chaser and Everlasting Life like this.
  6. maryrae

maryrae Well-Known Member

:( So sorry to hear about this lenraff. Praying for your son that he will hear what the Spirit is saying to him, before it's too late.

Luke12, lenraff and chaser like this.
  7. lenraff

That's so encouraging to hear. We sometimes lose hope for both our kids, and the seven grandchildren they're raising. It helps to hear testimonies of deliverance! Thanks much, Luke12!

Luke12, chaser and Everlasting Life like this.
  8. lenraff

Exactly maryrae, before it's too late. Thank You so much.

Luke12, Everlasting Life and chaser like this.
  9. billiefan2000

billiefan2000 Well-Known Member

Irvin Baxter is on TBN and Daystar

and good friends with Paul Begley (a cult like leader and false prophet on YT)

need i say more ?

lenraff, Luke12 and Everlasting Life like this.
  10. Everlasting Life

Everlasting Life Through Faith in Jesus

Initially I thought you wrote: Irvine Baxter is on TBN (shudder) and a disaster.

Pretty much the same thing......:sad

lenraff, there's some family members of mine who also immersed themselves in a cult and I know how heartbreaking this is.

Two of them have since come out and are following the Lord, others are still being prayed for.

There was also a church that we pulled out of because of the same path they were heading down. I earnestly prayed for this church for a few years. Some men rose up in this church and began to clean house. This church separated from the main denomination, found a good pastor who teaches expositorily and I've been told that people are learning so much about the bible.

Thought this would be encouraging.

lenraff and Luke12 like this.
  11. lenraff

Thanks EL, very welcome and inspiring. We continue to wrestle with God for our children and grandchildren especially in this past year. Something has changed in our prayer life, we feel a renewed urgency and an anguish for the lost like never before. My wife and I feel the impending end of our earthly sojourn, and our hearts are breaking for the wandering souls. We look forward to our time in His presence more and more, to plead for our loved ones. I know from my short time here(RF) many feel the same and it brings me no small comfort to share with like minded children of God. I can only look forward to that place where no tears are found.

maryrae and Everlasting Life like this.