Battle Royale: 9 Dead in Biker Gang Shootout

Pebbles

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/17/us/texas-shooting/index.html

(CNN)Gunfire erupted Sunday among rival biker gangs in Waco, Texas, leaving at least nine people dead, according to police.

Authorities had anticipated trouble and pre-positioned officers.

"There were at least three rival gang groups here this morning for whatever reason. As they were here, we had officers on scene. We expected issues," said Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton, a police spokesman.He later said there were at least five gangs.

The fight broke out at Twin Peaks restaurant and spilled into the parking lot. It quickly escalated from hands and feet, as weapons, to gunfire, Swanton said.

"In my nearly 35 years of law enforcement experience," he said, "this is the most violent and gruesome scene that I have dealt with."

Bikers shot at each other and at officers, who returned fire.

Swanton expressed anger at Twin Peaks, which he claims had been less than helpful in dealing with gangs in the past. He declined to identify the specific groups involved in Sunday's shooting.

"Are we frustrated? Sure. Because we feel like there may have been more that could have been done by a business to prevent this," he said.

Corporate management at Twin Peaks released a statement saying it was reviewing the circumstances of the shooting. The Waco restaurant is franchised.

"We are thankful no employees, guests or police were injured in this senseless violence outside the restaurant, and our sympathies are with the families of those killed," the statement said.

To escape the fight, some restaurant customers and employees took cover in the freezer, according to CNN affiliate KWTX. The station reported that more than 100 weapons were recovered, and Waco police said officers were continuing to arrest people arriving with weapons.

Swanton told reporters that eight people were dead on the scene and another was pronounced dead at an area hospital. A total of 18 people were taken to the hospital.It was not immediately clear whether that figure included the person who died. All those injured or dead are believed to be bikers.

No officers were hurt, Swanton said, praising their response.

"Their action has saved lives in keeping this from spilling into a very busy Sunday morning," the spokesman said. "Thank goodness the officers were here, and took the action that they needed to take to save numerous lives."

Pebbles

http://www.kcentv.com/story/29086186/fatal-shooting-at-central-texas-marketplace

Police have declined to release the names of the gangs involved, but at least five were present. Some of the gangs were fighting as allies. Police estimate that between 150-200 gang members were involved.

Twin Peaks and Don Carlos were immediately placed on lockdown and the remaining businesses in the Central Texas Marketplace were closed shortly after the incident.

Police ask that civilians continue to avoid the area, because they believe more biker gangs are traveling to the area.

Pebbles

Thanks Pepples. A sad situation, and with gang revenge things may worsen. What a relief that law enforcement & plain folks weren't hurt! More to pray about ❤
The fact that regular people have to practically go into hiding to avoid the violence is a sign of the times, I think...which is why I posted this.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. ~ 2 Timothy 3:1-5

Hol

Worships Him
Pebbles, after your schooling will you become a street beat officer?

Last edited:

Pebbles

:threadjack

Pebbles, after your schooling will you become a street beat officer?
Yeah, but honestly, I think I've given up on criminal justice and law enforcement. My degree program has been such a huge disappointment and so incredibly frustrating- so much emphasis on LGBT (LBGT?) 'tolerance', rioters just being misunderstood (whites are racist, even subconsciously...ugh), we just need to hug terrorists and give them jobs, there are no moral absolutes...I don't know how much of that is involved in actual police work, but I can't see myself sitting through another year and a half of that. I've been told I have the patience of a saint, but I don't think I have that much. I'm stopping by a local police station tomorrow to see if there's an actual officer I can speak with at some point. I register for summer quarter on Tuesday...not sure what I'm going to do yet. I also don't know if I would even be a good officer.

I'll be getting my EMT-Basic certification by the end of the year- what my professor said about letting people die if you aren't trained as a first responder didn't sit well with me. I may just pursue becoming a paramedic instead.

I don't know what God wants me to do. :( I'm not sure if I'm hearing Him, or my own self...

Last edited:

ShilohRose

Yeah, but honestly, I think I've given up on criminal justice and law enforcement. My degree program has been such a huge disappointment and so incredibly frustrating- so much emphasis on LGBT (LBGT?) 'tolerance', rioters just being misunderstood (whites are racist, even subconsciously...ugh), we just need to hug terrorists and give them jobs, there are no moral absolutes...I don't know how much of that is involved in actual police work, but I can't see myself sitting through another year and a half of that. I've been told I have the patience of a saint, but I don't think I have that much. I'm stopping by a local police station tomorrow to see if there's an actual officer I can speak with at some point. I register for summer quarter on Tuesday...not sure what I'm going to do yet. I also don't know if I would even be a good officer.

I'll be getting my EMT-Basic certification by the end of the year- what my professor said about letting people die if you aren't trained as a first responder didn't sit well with me. I may just pursue becoming a paramedic instead.

I don't know what God wants me to do. :( I'm not sure if I'm hearing Him, or my own self...
:pray

ReadyforSupper

This was a case of four rival gangs coming together to try and work out differences (there's a reason this happened in Texas).

A fifth club, the Banditos, who are arch rivals of the Cosacks, showed up uninvited and unannounced.

The fight started over the Cosacks wearing the State Rocker, which by unspoken but vehemently enforced rules, is a declaration of war with the Banditos, who own the turf.

That's what this is about.

RonJohnSilver

My son is a paramedic now, started out as a fireman, then studied to be an EMT. He likes it, for the most part. As with any job, there are good and bad people you have to work with. Paramedics are no exception. He works in the Georgetown/Austin area of Texas and along the interstate. Funny thing is, when he was young, he couldn't stand the sight of blood, even on TV....he would literally hide his eyes when there was any blood shown. The LGBT issue seems less, mainly because there is little social interaction involved....a person is hurt, there are procedures for getting them to help....so not much time for life lessons.