Baseball Season Begins

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
True, they lost the last two world series. True, they made it to the last 2 world series, which is something no other team can claim. I believe it will be the Dodgers against Houston AGAIN. That will be a great series. This is definitely the best Dodger team in many , many years, as they should easily set a new team record for most wins in a season.

Lets hope you are wrong, and they are not the Buffalo Bills of MLB. Buffalo lost 4 straight Super Bowls in the 90s.
I sure hope I'm wrong, and this year the Dodgers don't seem to be petering out...

Psalm37v4

True, they lost the last two world series. True, they made it to the last 2 world series, which is something no other team can claim. I believe it will be the Dodgers against Houston AGAIN. That will be a great series. This is definitely the best Dodger team in many , many years, as they should easily set a new team record for most wins in a season.

Lets hope you are wrong, and they are not the Buffalo Bills of MLB. Buffalo lost 4 straight Super Bowls in the 90s.
Ugh, don't remind me of the 4 Super Bowls that the Bills lost!
I'm a Sabres fan too, and am used to disappointment. At least the Yankees are doing well.

kathymendel

We haven't gone to as many games as we would have liked to this season. Hoping we can squeeze one or two more games in
before it's all over for this year. There's nothing better than a hot dog (and peanuts) at the ballpark!!! :nod

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Will the Dodgers manage to win game five against the Nationals this evening? It's 3-0 Dodgers in the bottom of the 3rd.

Andy C

Dodgers are done for the season.
Hey, at least they didnt lose in the WS AGAIN..... :biggrin2

Good year, their best regular season record, sad to see them lose. I did not watch the end of the game last night, and was sad for a few seconds this morning when I looked up the score, then realized I'm Saved, so nothing else truly matters.....

Sports to me like TV in general, are simply some of the things I do or watch while passing time waiting to be called home.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Hey, at least they didnt lose in the WS AGAIN..... :biggrin2

Good year, their best regular season record, sad to see them lose. I did not watch the end of the game last night, and was sad for a few seconds this morning when I looked up the score, then realized I'm Saved, so nothing else truly matters.....
You were sad longer than I was. I happened to see something that led me to learn that they had a game so I checked the score and then kept up with it. It's interesting that they've had some good years lately but they're definitely missing some key ingredient that's required for champions. I would be bored to death watching anything but soccer, but since the Dodgers were my childhood team, I'd like to see them do well. They sure did have a good season, but got beat in the end by a so-so team... that doesn't say much for the Dodgers. Brilliant season, abysmal finish.

Andy C

You were sad longer than I was. I happened to see something that led me to learn that they had a game so I checked the score and then kept up with it. It's interesting that they've had some good years lately but they're definitely missing some key ingredient that's required for champions. I would be bored to death watching anything but soccer, but since the Dodgers were my childhood team, I'd like to see them do well. They sure did have a good season, but got beat in the end by a so-so team... that doesn't say much for the Dodgers. Brilliant season, abysmal finish.
I feel bad for Kershaw. He is a strong Christian, and donates millions and his time to his Christian out reach ministry.
After all his recent back surgeries, his arm strength is no longer as dominate as it was for 10 years. Last nights poor performance by him will stay with him for years, but not for eternity!

Andy C

I know this World Series is the lowest rated in a long time, but Im enjoying watching the games. Neither are my team, but I dont like Houston, so Im pulling for the Nats to win. First 6 games have all been won by the visiting team which has never happened in any sport that has a 7 games series.

Watching the game reminds me of a very peaceful time in my life. As a kid, I would take my baseball mitt, place it through the handlebars on my bicycle, and pedal as fast as I could to the nearest park to play a game with my friends. My mom would get mad at me when she found another of my white t shirts that I had taken a black marker to and wrote in the last name and number of my favorite player (usually number 24 Willie Mays). Many a summer night we would play until the night lights came on and we had to be home.

I still get the urge to visit a batting cage, but the older me understands swinging a bat at high speed over a few minutes might cause days of painful regret.

RonJohnSilver

I remember laying out on our front lawn in SoCal listening to Vin Scully as he broadcasted the Dodger games. I used that little radio a lot. So, while I've got little interest in professional sports, I do check to see how the Dodgers are doing now and then. We went to a couple of Dodger games when I was growing up. I used to remember the names of their entire lineup. Back then trades didn't happen as often. Don Sutton, Sandy Koufax, Wes Parker, Jim Lefevre, Maury Wills, Willie Crawford. I mean no disrespect for the players whose names I don't remember.
Willie Davis, Jim Gilliam, John Roseboro, Don Singer. My brother in law knew Jim Lefebvre and so we met him after one game. Got his autograph, somewhere.