Baseball Season Begins

Andy C

I enjoy watching games, and baseball was my favorite sport as a kid. During the summer as a kid, we would play all day and be home in time for dinner. It was a good feeling, pedaling my bicycle, glove hooked on my handlebars, trying to get to the ball field as fast as possible. Simple times back then, no video games, computers, cable TV, nothing to keep you inside, and I was always wanting to be out in the warm southern CA sun.

Go Dodgers and Angels.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Our K.C. Royals opening game was here last Thursday March 28th with Chicago White Sox. We won but don't know the score! They had to hold off playing because of rain, but they did get to do the game.

SonSeeker

I enjoy watching games, and baseball was my favorite sport as a kid. During the summer as a kid, we would play all day and be home in time for dinner. It was a good feeling, pedaling my bicycle, glove hooked on my handlebars, trying to get to the ball field as fast as possible. Simple times back then, no video games, computers, cable TV, nothing to keep you inside, and I was always wanting to be out in the warm southern CA sun.

Go Dodgers and Angels.
I gave Andy a 'like' for most of his post. That last line, not so much! I gotta' root for the home team in Ariz. Even though the Diamondbacks sold off the best players from last year.:pout2:thumbdown Even sold one to the Dodgers!:doh

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I remember laying out on our front lawn in SoCal listening to Vin Scully as he broadcasted the Dodger games. I used that little radio a lot. So, while I've got little interest in professional sports, I do check to see how the Dodgers are doing now and then. We went to a couple of Dodger games when I was growing up. I used to remember the names of their entire lineup. Back then trades didn't happen as often. Don Sutton, Sandy Koufax, Wes Parker, Jim Lefevre, Maury Wills, Willie Crawford. I mean no disrespect for the players whose names I don't remember.

Andy C

I remember laying out on our front lawn in SoCal listening to Vin Scully as he broadcasted the Dodger games. I used that little radio a lot. So, while I've got little interest in professional sports, I do check to see how the Dodgers are doing now and then. We went to a couple of Dodger games when I was growing up. I used to remember the names of their entire lineup. Back then trades didn't happen as often. Don Sutton, Sandy Koufax, Wes Parker, Jim Lefevre, Maury Wills, Willie Crawford. I mean no disrespect for the players whose names I don't remember.
Ahhh yes, Vin Scully. Many nights as a kid I drifted off to sleep listening to a small transistor radio I had hidden under my pillow as he called the games.

I watched most of the players you mentioned at the few games I attended at Dodger Stadium between 1965-68.

I grew up about 5 miles from Angel stadium, so I watched dozens of games through the 70s, and mainly those in which Nolan Ryan pitched.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Ahhh yes, Vin Scully. Many nights as a kid I drifted off to sleep listening to a small transistor radio I had hidden under my pillow as he called the games.

I watched most of the players you mentioned at the few games I attended at Dodger Stadium between 1965-68.

I grew up about 5 miles from Angel stadium, so I watched dozens of games through the 70s, and mainly those in which Nolan Ryan pitched.
Back then it didn't cost an arm and a leg to watch a professional sporting event. I forgot Don Drysdale, a third pitcher whose name I remember.

kathymendel

My late DH and I attended a lot of Anaheim Angel games over the years..........lots of fun, but a huge stadium and lots of walking that I can't do anymore. So, when dd and I sold our Orange County home and moved to Lake Elsinore, we found a beautiful, recently built small stadium that is every bit as nice as Angel Stadium, but much easier to navigate. It is home to The Storm, a B or C team that the San Diego Padres draw a lot of their players from............and, they are GOOD! Really GOOD! We seriously have more fun and feel more connected than we ever have before.