Baseball Games Postponed Due to Coronavirus

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Twins, Athletics Plan Doubleheader For Tuesday After Monday Game Postponed

"OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The game between Minnesota and the Oakland Athletics scheduled for Monday night at the Coliseum has been postponed because of the Twins’ continued COVID-19 problems.
Major League Baseball made the announcement Sunday and said the delay will allow for continued virus testing and contact tracing. MLB said the Twins and A’s are tentatively scheduled for a straight doubleheader Tuesday as a makeup.
Games between the Twins and the Los Angeles Angels in Anaheim were postponed Saturday and Sunday.
The Twins have had at least four positive coronavirus tests in the past week."

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/04/18/angels-vs-twins-game-postponed/

:pray :pray :amen :amen

RonJohnSilver

This is really messing up my fantasy teams.

I also think that the team with the virus issues should have to play with their backups, even if the backups are playing out of position and, further, that if they can't field a complete team, they forfeit.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The game postponements are part of the wuhan virus protocols and procedures MLB and the Players' Union worked out last spring.
By postponing, a player that's sick but doesn't know it yet, doesn't end up exposing player(s) on the other team.

Perhaps the fantasy leagues need special rules for this season . . . I don't think fantasy leagues should drive what MLB does.

Andy C

Twins, Athletics Plan Doubleheader For Tuesday After Monday Game Postponed

"OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The game between Minnesota and the Oakland Athletics scheduled for Monday night at the Coliseum has been postponed because of the Twins’ continued COVID-19 problems.
Major League Baseball made the announcement Sunday and said the delay will allow for continued virus testing and contact tracing. MLB said the Twins and A’s are tentatively scheduled for a straight doubleheader Tuesday as a makeup.
Games between the Twins and the Los Angeles Angels in Anaheim were postponed Saturday and Sunday.
The Twins have had at least four positive coronavirus tests in the past week."

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/04/18/angels-vs-twins-game-postponed/

:pray :pray :amen :amen
Your team tried to infect my team (Angels)...... :biggrin