Baptism

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Read it. Here's what I want to know. I was baptized a long time ago as a young adult but I was pressured into doing it. It wasn't really an act of my will. I've been considering getting baptized again and I just wondered if baptism has an effect on my sinful nature.
Only the blood of Jesus washes away our sins. I am not sure that I was really saved at age 7, and was baptized with my mom, dad, and brother. Later at age 34 I made sure I was saved, and then I was baptized as an adult. Baptism by immersion represents death, burial, and resurrection.

Last edited:

DaveS

I've been doing a little internet research in the past week and I came a across the expression baptismal regeneration". Someone please tell me what that is and where in the bible it comes from.

Good morning,

In your research, do not neglect the Baptism of the Spirit (Acts 1:5). Baptism, like all other church doctrines, are anything but simple. The kinds of baptisms in scripture are a rich and rewarding study and can help shield the saints from false doctrines (such as baptismal regeneration) when carefully considered. It is a hotly contested subject among differing Christian factions though, be careful of sources.

Here's a pretty good article that touches on the Spirit Baptism, distinct from water baptism.

https://walvoord.com/article/161

I wouldn't imagine that the moderators and staff would mind Walvoord being cited as a reference, even if some may disagree with some of his conclusions.

Kind Regards,
Dave S.

lightofmylife

Right. So you weren't posting that scripture to question whether or not there is a distinction between Spirit baptism and water baptism? It's hard to decide when someone just posts a link as a response.
I agree with the link that I posted, and it explains in detail with scriptures. When a person accepts Jesus into their heart we are indwelled with his Spirit. John 1:12-13. Water baptism comes after you are saved, and is an act of obedience representing the death, burial, and resurrection.

DaveS

I agree with the link that I posted, and it explains in detail with scriptures. When a person accepts Jesus into their heart we are indwelled with his Spirit. John 1:12-13. Water baptism comes after you are saved, and is an act of obedience representing the death, burial, and resurrection.

Ok, so is indwelling equal to Spirit Baptism? According to the link?

lightofmylife

Interesting. I'll probably respond to this tomorrow in question fashion. I'm pretty sure I've read what "Got Questions" has to say about it before, but I'll reread it.

Have a great night,
Dave
So do you not agree with the scriptures that Got Questions is explaining? I would like for Chris or MattFiveFour to get into this. Anyone else can give their thoughts as well. Would like to hear them.

DaveS

So do you not agree with the scriptures that Got Questions is explaining? I would like for Chris or MattFiveFour to get into this. Anyone else can give their thoughts as well. Would like to hear them.
I hadn't paid much attention to the link yet. I'm more interested in how people interact with what they read from the link. Here's what I think though... I don't know think that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is equal to Spirit Baptism. I can show you why I think that tomorrow. Maybe you can guess why I would say that? The more the merrier so far as people responding.

lightofmylife

I hadn't paid much attention to the link yet. I'm more interested in how people interact with what they read from the link. Here's what I think though... I don't know think that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is equal to Spirit Baptism. I can show you why I think that tomorrow. Maybe you can guess why I would say that? The more the merrier so far as people responding.
I am hoping to hear other peoples feedback as well!

lightofmylife

We'll Well I hope you hang around too. Baptism was a turning point for convincing me that premillennialism and pretribulationalism we're true. I really like talking about it.
Thanks, I like this Forum, and I started on Rapture Ready first in 2009. I didn't get real active on here until April 2013. I enjoy reading and posting on here. It is nice to have a Christian Forum to have fellowship.:ring Glad to hear you believe in the pretrib view, and the millennium.

Last edited:
Back