banned from local church coffee group :-(

Len

so I have been going to a local church coffee morning for the past year and had many a conversation with those attending on any biblical topic that came up, with me being the only one that believes in the innerancy of scripture as the word of God to man so you can imagine that creation, revelation, rapture etc are all only stories for morons basically as no one takes the bible seriously ...... so today the priest or minister (white dog collar type) asked me to refrain from talking to the people about scriptures or not return...... apparantly I am aggressive in my presentations to questions I am asked about (I truly do not think so but perhaps a tad too passionate) still I was shocked and disheartened to say the least, and came home and had a sook about it and asked God if I was agressive as the priest said then for god to help me with it ..... I so used to enjoy the conversations and never once got anything from anyone that would of lead me to believe I was not welcome, on the contrary ..... but the priest has obviously been listening to the group for the past few weeks ....... I said that I thought he should be happy that his parishoners were discussing Jesus, God and heaven etc but apparantly not, so looks like that is the end of my coffee mornings at that church because I dont have anything else to talk about except God or motorcycles LOL!

==================
Oh dear! ..... just looked at another post and found something Adrian has said and perhaps .........

The gospel is a lifeline, not a whip. We're to throw it to the lost, not flog them with it. Jesus never attacked a single person to whom He spoke, other than the dishonest religious leaders. We are not called to attack people or lifestyles or anything else. We are called to lift up Jesus, to make Him visible to those whom we meet. Among the most poignant statements in the gospels, to my mind, is found John 12:21 where some of the Hellenistic Greeks who had gone to Jerusalem for the Passover came to Philip and said, "Sir, we want to see Jesus." Oh! the world is full of people who would desire to see Jesus if they could only catch a glimpse of Him. How sad that so many Christians either hide their light or use their knowledge in a cold, proud religious way rather than to allow it to humble them and cause them to open their hearts to the lost. Jesus said that the world would know us by our love. No wonder so many of the world do not know us.

Anewcreationinjesus

How very sad.... The church leader told you not to talk about the Bible... I wonder if he is born again....maybe he should call the cathedral guys who have put up a helter skelter... Maybe he'd prefer to talk about that??

Well we are more than happy to enthusiastically talk about the Bible as family on here... :) big hug... And hope your discussions at the coffee morning are seeds to those not yet born again....

RestInHim

so I have been going to a local church coffee morning for the past year and had many a conversation with those attending on any biblical topic that came up, with me being the only one that believes in the innerancy of scripture as the word of God to man so you can imagine that creation, revelation, rapture etc are all only stories for morons basically as no one takes the bible seriously ...... so today the priest or minister (white dog collar type) asked me to refrain from talking to the people about scriptures or not return...... apparantly I am aggressive in my presentations to questions I am asked about (I truly do not think so but perhaps a tad too passionate) still I was shocked and disheartened to say the least, and came home and had a sook about it and asked God if I was agressive as the priest said then for god to help me with it ..... I so used to enjoy the conversations and never once got anything from anyone that would of lead me to believe I was not welcome, on the contrary ..... but the priest has obviously been listening to the group for the past few weeks ....... I said that I thought he should be happy that his parishoners were discussing Jesus, God and heaven etc but apparantly not, so looks like that is the end of my coffee mornings at that church because I dont have anything else to talk about except God or motorcycles LOL!

==================
Oh dear! ..... just looked at another post and found something Adrian has said and perhaps .........

The gospel is a lifeline, not a whip. We're to throw it to the lost, not flog them with it. Jesus never attacked a single person to whom He spoke, other than the dishonest religious leaders. We are not called to attack people or lifestyles or anything else. We are called to lift up Jesus, to make Him visible to those whom we meet. Among the most poignant statements in the gospels, to my mind, is found John 12:21 where some of the Hellenistic Greeks who had gone to Jerusalem for the Passover came to Philip and said, "Sir, we want to see Jesus." Oh! the world is full of people who would desire to see Jesus if they could only catch a glimpse of Him. How sad that so many Christians either hide their light or use their knowledge in a cold, proud religious way rather than to allow it to humble them and cause them to open their hearts to the lost. Jesus said that the world would know us by our love. No wonder so many of the world do not know us.

I have encountered the same with many who profess to be Christians. I have also wondered if my passion for God and His word has been over zealous and perhaps aggressive, but, I don't think so. I believe it has been more that so many are not reading and studying His word, not pursuing a relationship with the living God, but, instead following after programs, self is being promoted above God. Many Churches are man centered instead of God centered. Many Churches are not holding up the Bible as the complete word of God! Many are not teaching the whole counsel of God's Word, verse by verse, book by book, but, only picking out what suits them for their own reasons. We are seeing a great falling away. I too am grieved but we must continue to share the gospel and be the gospel, pray and keep our eyes on Jesus.

God's word must be the mandate for living a life of freedom in Christ Jesus.

kathymendel

Have you noticed when bringing up the subject of the last days and rapture with professing Christians, SO MANY of them either get that "deer in the headlights" look on their faces, or a blank stare.........like they've never heard of it before???? If it weren't SO SAD it would be funny..........

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
so today the priest or minister (white dog collar type) asked me to refrain from talking to the people about scriptures or not return
Len.....this tells me much. He did NOT ask that you be sure to speak on Christ and the bible in a gentle manner (if that was actually the case) but asked you to quit altogether!! Yes, we are all growing in how to present and approach people, BUT you were doing exactly what God says to do.....speak His Word, in season and out of season. So, for this "minister" to ask you not to speak at all belies where his priorities and perhaps allegiance actually lays. And, it seems not with God, at least by this interaction. :sad

Also, congratulations!!! This is yet another proof that the Spirit of God rests upon you, for if speaking the Word of God brings insults, well:

If you are insulted because you bear the name of Christ, you will be blessed, for the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you. 1 Peter 4:14

I believe that God's response will be:

“The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together! Matt 25:21 :)

I would give yourself any guilt trips on this at all! Sure, seek God for guidance in approach, but you were found doing what He says to do.

I'll be praying for God's work in this 'minister's' life and protection for the poor sheep under his influence. :pray

And, yes......glad you are here with us!! :)

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I have encountered the same with many who profess to be Christians. I have also wondered if my passion for God and His word has been over zealous and perhaps aggressive, but, I don't think so. I believe it has been more that so many are not reading and studying His word, not pursuing a relationship with the living God, but, instead following after programs, self is being promoted above God. Many Churches are man centered instead of God centered. Many Churches are not holding up the Bible as the complete word of God! Many are not teaching the whole counsel of God's Word, verse by verse, book by book, but, only picking out what suits them for their own reasons. We are seeing a great falling away. I too am grieved but we must continue to share the gospel and be the gospel, pray and keep our eyes on Jesus.

God's word must be the mandate for living a life of freedom in Christ Jesus.

Yup!! Exactly!

benmcd

Have you noticed when bringing up the subject of the last days and rapture with professing Christians, SO MANY of them either get that "deer in the headlights" look on their faces, or a blank stare.........like they've never heard of it before???? If it weren't SO SAD it would be funny..........
I've been told it isn't a good use of my time to talk about it, and I should focus on ministering to others in the here and now. Most Christians at best think it's a waste of time and makes you so heavenly minded, that you're no earthly good.

Last edited:

RestInHim

Len.....this tells me much. He did NOT ask that you be sure to speak on Christ and the bible in a gentle manner (if that was actually the case) but asked you to quit altogether!! Yes, we are all growing in how to present and approach people, BUT you were doing exactly what God says to do.....speak His Word, in season and out of season. So, for this "minister" to ask you not to speak at all belies where his priorities and perhaps allegiance actually lays. And, it seems not with God, at least by this interaction. :sad

Also, congratulations!!! This is yet another proof that the Spirit of God rests upon you, for if speaking the Word of God brings insults, well:

If you are insulted because you bear the name of Christ, you will be blessed, for the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you. 1 Peter 4:14

“The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together! Matt 25:21 :)

I would give yourself any guilt trips on this at all! Sure, seek God for guidance in approach, but you were found doing what He says to do.

I'll be praying for God's work in this 'minister's' life and protection for the poor sheep under his influence. :pray

Amen. Well said. To love Christ is to speak truth.

:pray

athenasius

Oh Len, how disheartening. I agree with Ev Life here

That so called leader/minister directly contradicts our Lord. We are to preach the word in and out of season. Well in most places that call themselves Christian and church, it's out of season. It's passe', out of style, not chic!!!! It OFFENDS the dainty ears of those who are in the enemy's camp.

And we are still to speak the Word of God into people's ears, letting them hear what the enemy is trying so hard to stifle.

Because the lambs in the flock are being led to the slaughter by the false shepherds among us. Bleat away fellow older sheep, bleat away! Your bleating will save some lives. Our daughter and her husband raise lambs. The bleating of sheep is loud and irritating. CARRY ON!

I just spoke of this verse elsewhere on another thread speaking of division in families but here it is, You STINK to that false shepherd. :lol But you are the fragrance of CHRIST to those sensitive to the Holy Spirit's calling to become saved, or to grow in their faith as young lambs. :nod
2 Corinthians 2:14-17 New International Version (NIV)
14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task? 17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.

Kerbluey

Len, I enjoy your passion, and you are among friends here, but I know it’s hard to go through something like this. It seems your work there is complete. God has something else for you. Maybe you were the seed planter, and now someone else will be the waterer while you’re planting elsewhere. :)

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Len, hope you are doing well and not letting our enemy be successful in his fiery darts of discouragement and lies about your relationship with Christ.

Some of these situations are often growing or strengthening situations that God allows.....because He loves you. So often, in our humanness, we think that God is punishing us, but I think our enemy likes for us to think this.

I just wanted to remind you that we are loved with a wonderful, faithful, and unconditional love. I just say this because I've been in this kind of situation before, several times. It's easy to get down on ourselves, thinking that maybe there's something wrong with us. While it's good to check in with God about that, it's also good to remember that God greatly loves us and never lets us go. In the situations I've been in, I realized later that God had a different place for me to be at and allowed situations to brew to direct me else where. Sometimes because there was a bad situation He didn't want me in, sometimes to be of help to someone somewhere else or to work in a different capacity for Him.

So, please keep these things in mind and don't let our enemy get a claw on you. :)

Take good care,

:pray

JoyFillsMySoul

I'm usually drinking a cup of coffee while I'm reading/interacting on RF. We can be your coffee club! I think we will be amazed when we get to Heaven and see all the people whose lives Jesus touched through us. Maybe we can share salvation stories over heavenly coffee. While we're on Earth, Jesus can use anything we say or do to draw another closer to Him. Sometimes it may be sharing a Bible verse, or it could just be the smile and greeting you give someone as you pass them. Praying our Lord and Saviour continues to guide you in His perfect will.