Ballot Harvesting

Bethlehem57

I was heading to pick up my granddaughter from school yesterday and was listening to Hannity. He was talking about the SOH new, of course, and all that the are set to accomplish and then he started talking about voting. He said something interesting…..the GOP needs to stop the way they campaign, as in attending live events, BBQ’s, Stumping, etc., and they need to work smarter to overcome the Dems. Dems, as evidenced by the man in the basement, didn’t get out with the people. They worked to make the law work for them, well sometimes

Mods…please remove my search info if needed.

And this piqued my interest. He said something to the effect that ballot harvesting, that’s legal, needs to be addressed. So I did a search (I found balletpedia.org) and found that ballot harvesting is legal in EVERY state except Alabama! And when I say just Alabama, what I mean is that every other state has allowances aswho can legally turn in ballots.

So you may ask…what’s ballot harvesting?
“Ballot harvesting is the practice in which political operatives collect absentee ballots from voters' homes and drop them off at a polling place or election office. It may sound pretty innocuous, but this practice can and has been abused across the country.”

And only Alabama voting law says that only the voter can turn in their ballot.

25 other states and D.C. loosely define who may turn in ballots other than the voter - someone other than the voter.

11 states specify who may return the ballot.

13 other states have no law regarding ballot harvesting.
Our state, NC, there are specific laws regarding who can bring in absentee ballots. But who is watching? And the same thing can be said for every other state who allows this to happen. Personally, Alabama has the right idea.

Looking ahead, this remains a threat to the voting citizens of our nation and unless addressed, will be the very means by which the Dems will again decide who will lead our nation. I pray that we aren't here when that election takes place, however, we are still about our Father’s work. And until we can no longer do so, by death or Rapture, I believe that we need to be vocal about change in this matter.

Who decides what is legal as far as who gets to turn in absentee ballots?

The other elephant in the room is mail in voting or what rules apply to the USPS and who is responsible for their actions in handling ballots? There is so much corruption in that federal organization and this is from personal knowledge. If you look up corruption in the dictionary, they should be the definition!

In no way was Hannity suggesting that Republicans stoop down to the level of corruption as evidenced by the
work of the Dems in 2020. He was justifiably addressing how a legal election can be had. Conservative Christians, that’s us, must work smarter, not harder by using the same laws afforded the liberal left of the US. Accountability is key and we need to act.

Ideas?

jeanie

These are just random thoughts as I study the Word..
When tempting Jesus, the adversary chose to offer all the kingdoms to Jesus if only He would fall down and worship him..

ALL the kingdoms were his to set whom he chose over. We are one of those kingdoms, are we not? Does this realm of the adversary continue until Thy kingdom come? Thy will be done, in earth as it is on heaven,?

depserv

As I understand it the number of registered voters is usually way more than the number of actual voters; sometimes there are more registered voters than residents. One reason for this is people not being removed from the registration lists when they move or die. So one of the problems with ballot harvesting is that those wanting to cheat can find names on the registration lists for people who will not be voting and then get a ballot for them and fill it out and add it to the bag. And this is just one way they can cheat.

The idea presented here seems to be that there are benefits to ballot harvesting that do not involve cheating, and the Republicans should be taking advantage of them. While I suppose that's a good idea, as long as there is a way the Democrats can cheat, the elections will be corrupted to the point that Republicans will rarely win.

So I would say this is an example of being penny wise and pound foolish. But pennies add up, so why not be penny wise; just don't let it make you pound foolish by distracting you from the real problems. Until we get back to in-person voting, along with what used to be called absentee voting, which is secure, unlike mass mail in voting, and until a verifiable ID is required to get registered and to vote, and until the registration lists are cleaned up, and most of all until those who cheat serve serious time in jail, do not expect any improvement in our elections. And you can be sure that these real remedies for cheating will be opposed vehemently by those who know that cheating is the only way they can remain in power.

katt

These are just random thoughts as I study the Word..
When tempting Jesus, the adversary chose to offer all the kingdoms to Jesus if only He would fall down and worship him..

ALL the kingdoms were his to set whom he chose over. We are one of those kingdoms, are we not? Does this realm of the adversary continue until Thy kingdom come? Thy will be done, in earth as it is on heaven,?
We are still supposed to fight against evil anywhere we see it, not sit back and just let it consume our country, we are supposed to push back, less the salt that we are supposed to be loses it's flavor and we become good for nothing but to be thrown in the road.

paul289

In my county, the ballot printer apparently sent out 29,000 more ballots than were requested. Republicans are investigating to see where they were sent, who ordered them, why they were approved, if they were different than other ballots, etc. Ballot fraud is a huge issue.

Bethlehem57

It's not the ballots that's the problem, it's who is counting them.
And who’s monitoring how many get stuffed in a box, all at once. Remember how everything stopped when they started this fraud? Trump was way ahead….then the media stopped talking until the votes came streaming in from places that allowed this without question.

Back