Back from Ark Encounter!!

RonJohnSilver

Thank you for all your prayers. My Bible study group, 11 of us, returned yesterday from Williamstown, Kentucky and the Ark Encounter. Here's a quick review. Pics coming when I manage to wade through them. The AE is awesome, amazing. I an still stunned by the enormity of the ark. It is massive. Jaw-dropping. As you go through floor by floor, they're are many exhibits and dioramas about the animals, their care and feeding, waste removal, daily routines, ark construction, just on and on. It is amazing. I won't write about the details (unless you insist), but all the questions that people usually ask about the flood narrative are addressed and given, at least theoretical, answers. The few negatives I read online were mostly about pricing and trivial stuff. And I don't know where they get that. Tickets were 50$ per person which I thought was actually pretty cheap. One of us needed a wheelchair ($10/day, $35 for a motorized one). It's the airfare and hotels that add the cost. The food and souvenirs and books were fairly priced not exorbitant at all. It was all very well done and professional and clean. I would go back if it were more convenient to me. My wife even rode a camel! I got pics on that but she won't let me share them.
Not far away from the ark is the sister facility, the Creation Museum. It's about 25 miles away, closer to Cincinnati. Everything I said about the ark applies here too. Great staff, absolutely beautiful grounds. Here, the focus was more on staff presentations and shows about creation, more exhibits of life before the ark, the creation days, etc. A lot of overlap but still very, very well done. My wife and I even did the zip line (40$ for 5 lines of varying height/length) so basically 8$ a trip. Cheap. We're both 68 so while we looked good in the air, our landings were not quite Olympic quality. But any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. It's really quite safe. Our injuries were more to our pride that our torso. But we were hardly alone in that.
To sum, it was a great trip. Both sites are very well done, very professional and, I think, about as inexpensive as they can reasonably expect to be. No tax dollars used, all gifts. If you can go, do so. You will not regret it. You cannot go to either site and come away with anything but a greater sense of God's protection, power, creativity, sensitivity and love. If your faith is not increased, then, well, I don't know. God was very gracious to our group. The week we went was sandwiched in between a week of high temps and an expected week of more higher temps. We had the pleasant week in between. Thank you Lord. I'll work on the pics. Let me know if you need specific information. Nice to be back in my temporary earthly home.

Last edited:

fl2007rn

My husband and I are leaving for a 5 week trip in our RV and we will be heading through Kentucky. I think we will take a day and go see the Ark Encounter. I am sure we will be amazed at the size of the Ark, which is 510 feet long!

ItIsFinished!

Thank you for all your prayers. My Bible study group, 11 of us, returned yesterday from Williamstown, Kentucky and the Ark Encounter. Here's a quick review. Pics coming when I manage to wade through them. The AE is awesome, amazing. I an still stunned by the enormity of the ark. It is massive. Jaw-dropping. As you go through floor by floor, they're are many exhibits and dioramas about the animals, their care and feeding, waste removal, daily routines, ark construction, just on and on. It is amazing. I won't write about the details (unless you insist), but all the questions that people usually ask about the flood narrative are addressed and given, at least theoretical, answers. The few negatives I read online were mostly about pricing and trivial stuff. And I don't know where they get that. Tickets were 50$ per person which I thought was actually pretty cheap. One of us needed a wheelchair ($10/day, $35 for a motorized one). It's the airfare and hotels that add the cost. The food and souvenirs and books were fairly priced not exorbitant at all. It was all very well done and professional and clean. I would go back if it were more convenient to me. My wife even rode a camel! I got pics on that but she won't let me share them.
Not far away from the ark is the sister facility, the Creation Museum. It's about 25 miles away, closer to Cincinnati. Everything I said about the ark applies here too. Great staff, absolutely beautiful grounds. Here, the focus was more on staff presentations and shows about creation, more exhibits of life before the ark, the creation days, etc. A lot of overlap but still very, very well done. My wife and I even did the zip line (40$ for 5 lines of varying height/length) so basically 8$ a trip. Cheap. We're both 68 so while we looked good in the air, our landings were not quite Olympic quality. But any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. It's really quite safe. Our injuries were more to our pride that our torso. But we were hardly alone in that.
To sum, it was a great trip. Both sites are very well done, very professional and, I think, about as inexpensive as they can reasonably expect to be. No tax dollars used, all gifts. If you can go, do so. You will not regret it. You cannot go to either site and come away with anything but a greater sense of God's protection, power, creativity, sensitivity and love. If your faith is not increased, then, well, I don't know. God was very gracious to our group. The week we went was sandwiched in between a week of high temps and an expected week of more higher temps. We had the pleasant week in between. Thank you Lord. I'll work on the pics. Let me know if you need specific information. Nice to be back in my temporary earthly home.
Your excitement is intoxicating my friend (in a positive way).
So glad you and your wife got to absorb this experience.
This seems like a great story that can open many doors to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
May the Lord continue to bless my friend.

Peace in Christ.

GotGrace

Been there and enjoyed it. It is very interesting. The preferable time to go is early Spring or late Fall. There is a restaurant there ( not inside the Ark ) that is buffet style that seats tons oF people. I really enjoyed the 3-D creation movie at the Creation Museum. Very worthwhile.

RonJohnSilver

I could not get the pictures to open up. I saw some pictures on Trip Advisor though. The size of the Ark is amazing.
The one I uploaded was a test to see if it would really work. I had the option of thumbnail size or full size, I chose thumbnail. When I clicked on the picture, it would not expand but gave some kind of error message. Next time, I'll post a picture using the full size option. I'll be careful not to overdue it since pics take a lot of bandwidth.