Babylon Rebuilt by the UN?

paul289

We know from Isaiah 14 that Babylon must be destroyed, leveled, and rendered uninhabitable. But the fact is that people do live there, and it has only been abandoned in the past. So it's wholly reasonable to assume that the destruction is yet future, and of a literal city. Every so often, people try to say that it can't be a literal Babylon because it doesn't exist yet. Well, Dubai didn't exist 20 years ago, and look at it now! So what would cause such a massive construction project? I believe America's downfall post-rapture is the catalyst.

With the UN headquarters in NYC, in America, the world is anxious. They have no room to expand in that city, and they want nothing to do with a perceived Christian nation. What better excuse than if New York were to be hit with an atomic bomb, for instance? Why are New Yorkers being told to prepare for such an event? Possibly because it's planned. After all, America went through preconditioning for COVID with movies like Contagion, and all the more minor "pandemics" like Ebola and Zika and Bird Flu. I think the nuclear preparations, likewise, is preconditioning for the planned UN move.

With NYC, and therefore, the original UN building, wiped off the map, they will need to rebuild somewhere else. So, in order to promote harmony among the Abrahamic faiths, they will place the UN headquarters perhaps on the site of the original Tower of Babel. Remember the EU building in Strasburg? It looks just like the Renaissance depictions of the Tower of Babel. The elites want to undo the scattering and reunite in order to reach Heaven, and bring "heaven" to earth. What better place than the very first attempt? This second attempt may be what unlocks the Abyss, rather than the heaven they intended, forcing God's punishment upon the unified governmental religious system.

Andy C

Babylon as you posted has never been utterly destroyed, and some people still live there. However, from Revelation 18 we know Babylon will be a huge city, the center of all commerce, but will then be destroyed.

New York for decades has had plans for a future nuclear attack. Its the financial center for the world, thus it will always be a target, just like it has been in the past.

JStar

The On e World Religion Headquarters set to open next year.
The new Babylon will be centralized in the Middle East most likely Iraq. 3 religions Muslim, Catholic and, Jewish. Who knows the crime is so bad in New York they just might move out. Good excuse. Only reason The UN is in New York because United States gives the most money to their agenda.

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
Sadam Hussain put millions / billions into trying to rebuild the original Babylon, before he got the rope.
With today's technologies, I think it could be done fairly quickly.
Similar situation with the tribulation temple in Jerusalem. It could be built rapidly as well. Once that satanic gold dome thing is somehow destroyed. We know the temple must be fully operational in order for the antichrist to desecrate it.

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
The new Babylon will be centralized in the Middle East most likely Iraq. 3 religions Muslim, Catholic and, Jewish. Who knows the crime is so bad in New York they just might move out. Good excuse. Only reason The UN is in New York because United States gives the most money to their agenda.

I believe it will be rebuilt where it currently is.
JMHO.

Andy C

The only way a one world religion can happen next year is if the rapture is this year. If the Holy Spirit is still here now (He is), than the church is still here. Once the Holy Spirit departs, we go with Him, and then the completion of the OWG will eventually happen.

katt

What makes you believe this will happen?
Do you know who The Kurds are historically? They are The Meads.. there's a reason everyone in the ME except Israel picks on them..the people in the ME know the history of The Meads..and they're more afraid of them than they are Iraq...

Andy C

Do you know who The Kurds are historically? They are The Meads.. there's a reason everyone in the ME except Israel picks on them..the people in the ME know the history of The Meads..and they're more afraid of them than they are Iraq...
Babylon is still standing during the tribulation, so whatever happens to them beforehand will not affect them in the long run. God will see to that with judgements.

greg64

What makes you believe this will happen?
Jeremiah 51. God uses the Medes against Babylon in a way that hasn't happened (yet) historically. When Babylon fell to the Medes and Persians in Daniel 5, it was in a single night largely without bloodshed. After that, Babylon faded slowly over time, not suddenly and catastrophically. So what Jeremiah describes is yet to happen

Reason & Hope

A few people have pointed out how, with enough money and will, a city can be built very quickly. Some examples:

1. Dubai, which Paul289 mentioned.

2. Neom, or The Line, being built by Mohammed bin Salman. With its climate control and everything in walking or autotransport distance, it reminds me of the dome they lived under in Logan's Run. Planned end date: 2030.

3. Mark Lore, of Walmart, wants to build a self-enclosed city in Arizona, Utah or Nevada. He's going to base the city on "equitism" and from the description it sounds sort of like some of the utopian cities that were built in the 1800s, except with much improved technology. Targeted completion date: 2030*.

Because these cities don't grow organically, with houses and work buildings being added over time as needed, they can be built much faster. Also, if you start with a basically abandoned or unbuilt area, you don't need endless permits (all done at one time) and you don't need to wait for anything or anyone. The speed of the project will be determined by how many people you can get working on it at one time. With enough money thrown at it, it can be done quickly. With something like Neom, there's no need for more blueprints; you simply make the same stuff over and over. Think of how quickly a McDonald's can go up once the permits are in.

*The year 2030 is very popular with WEF people. E.g., Govs Inslee and Newsom both want only electric cars to be sold as of 2030.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Agree. There is no reason to think Babylon mentioned in Revelation 18 is not the actual city of Babylon.

If Israel was regathered and literally became a nation, I see absolutely no reason that the same will not be true of Bablyon, especially considering Zech. 5

5 Then the angel who talked with me came forward and said to me, “Lift your eyes and see what this is that is going out.” 6 And I said, “What is it?” He said, “This is the basket that is going out.” And he said, “This is their iniquity in all the land.” 7 And behold, the leaden cover was lifted, and there was a woman sitting in the basket! 8 And he said, “This is Wickedness.” And he thrust her back into the basket, and thrust down the leaden weight on its opening. 9 Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! The wind was in their wings. They had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven. 10 Then I said to the angel who talked with me, “Where are they taking the basket?” 11 He said to me, “To the land of Shinar, to build a house for it. And when this is prepared, they will set the basket down there on its base.”

Reason & Hope

If Israel was regathered and literally became a nation, I see absolutely no reason that the same will not be true of Bablyon, especially considering Zech. 5
Yes. I have gone back and forth on literal Babylon in the place of Babylon and spiritual Babylon a few times, and this argument you state is one of the ones that pushes me to literal Babylon. If God can bring back Israel, then He can bring back Babylon as well. It fits a chiastic structure:

Babylon raised by man then crushed by God, and the people scatter.
Jerusalem raised by God's people and crushed by man, and the people scatter.
Regather Israel and make Jerusalem a city once again, and then a city of God.
Regather Babylon and make it a city once again, a city against God.
Destruction of Babylon, man's city.
Renovation of Jerusalem, God's city.

John Haller makes the point that Babylon was destroyed before it was finished, so we don't need the entire city up and running. However, we do need enough trade going through it for the merchants to be upset at its destruction.

Back