Australian PM concedes defeat, ending party’s 9-year rule; was firm backer of Israel

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Australian PM concedes defeat, ending party’s 9-year rule; was firm backer of Israel
Scott Morrison, who recognized west Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, congratulates opposition leader Anthony Albanese, whose Labor party supports recognizing Palestine as a state
By Agencies and TOI staff
21 May 2022

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison admitted defeat in national elections Saturday after a “difficult night” for his conservative government. Morrison acted quickly after Saturday’s election despite millions of votes yet to be counted because an Australian prime minister must attend a Tokyo summit on Tuesday with US, Japanese and Indian leaders.

“Tonight I have spoken to the leader of the opposition and the incoming prime minister, Anthony Albanese, and I have congratulated him on his election victory,” Morrison said. The 54-year-old outgoing leader noted that voter support for major parties had fallen in the election. “I think about the upheaval that is taking place in our nation, and I think it is important for our nation to heal and to move forward,” he said.

more........... https://www.timesofisrael.com/austr...vatives-lose-election-after-9-years-in-power/

ozaprah

Thanks for posting this Chris. As a Australian there seemed to be major internal factors such as a very large push for climate change policies by the younger voters, targeted towards moderate Liberal ('blue' conservative party) seats by a new 'group' of 'teal' independents ( supposedly a blend of blue and green in nature). The teal candidates caused carnage in many of these moderate seats. There was also a concerted campaign by the media against Scott Morrison in the last few months, somewhat against his conservative Christian beliefs.
I was also disappointed in the tiny vote that the Australian Christians party received in total in the Senate vote. The church in most part has seemingly divorced itself from taking an active interest in promoting a Biblical worldview.

The article is a reminder that God is in control. Maybe, just maybe, it's time for Israel to move towards that period of standing completely on it's own.

Len

Also an Aussie, I said to the wife yesterday if the Labour Party win this election, then it will not be long before we will be agreeing with anything the Pope, Greta Thunberg and Iran says is wrong in this world ..... but evil does not win!. I have read the last chapter of the bible!

daygo

Also an Aussie, I said to the wife yesterday if the Labour Party win this election, then it will not be long before we will be agreeing with anything the Pope, Greta Thunberg and Iran says is wrong in this world ..... but evil does not win!. I have read the last chapter of the bible!
Interesting statement.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Feeling we now have a Mr O'Biden at the helm, not a Trump here in Oz. We have now "fallen" in line
Yep i have no faith in Albo either, he's just gonna pander to the Greens and other lefty parties out there, when i was looking at the other parties on the voting papers i was completely shocked , i never even knew we had an official communist party in our country amongst other things !

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Can anyone think of even one sane, reasonable leader of any country in this world? I can't ~ every single one of them seems to be on board with the globalist agenda. :doh Jesus can't call us home soon enough as far as I'm concerned.
It sure is starting to feel that way isn't it