Australia bushfires: New Zealand skies turned bright orange by smoke

hopefilled

It does indeed feel " apocalyptic ".

The devestation here is so very hard to describe in just a few words.

Between drought and fires we are in a bad way.
No doubt our economy will suffer in the coming months also.

Where I live - we are deep in drought.
I also have 4 major fires each within 17 - 33km from me.

Between dust storms and now smoke, it is difficult to be outside for any length of time without protection.

As my predominant work is within Horticulture - I am seeing endless established gardens dying.
Some of these are Heritage Listed in Australia and of great significance.....dying.

Old mature trees ( avenues of them)... dying.
100m long hedges that are 2m + tall...dying.

Over and over and over again....across what is considered " England in Australia " - the Southern Highlands of New South Wales.

And now - fire ravages across it also.

Far and wide - the devestation to our country is just mind boggling.

My feet are black....every night I scrub them...to remove the ash and soot which seems to be everywhere and inescapable.
Our roof's and cars covered in them constantly...

Kangaroo's starving and thirsty line up next to a small patch of grass near my front varendah.
They drink from buckets of water I put out for them...and eat the small green grass shoots that I carefully nuture - hoping to help.
They pant like dogs....thirsty, hot, hungry and struggling in this horrid smoke.

Without rain....these fires will continue their march across our land.
Those brave firies working with little rest do their utmost to save what life and property they can.

We are tired......tired of drought, of fires, of smoke....tired of hyper vigilance....of packed cars and constant checking of wind directions, temperature.....

The stories I could tell and images....they break your heart.

It is but a glimpse of what lies ahead for all who will be left behind.

This is horrible.....and yet....how much worse it will be in the Tribulation years.

Praying for this whole planet of humans to return to God and seek Him....to believe upon Jesus and receive eternal life.

Praying that many will be added to our numbers before the Lord comes for us.
Even so....come Lord Jesus!

maranatha14

Hopefilled -
I am so sorry this is happening to your beautiful country. I traveled to Australia, and found it to be such a wonderful place. So very unique in the world, not only in the way of natural beauty and very different wildlife, the people we encountered were just delightful.

Our world is changing so quickly.... every month, week, day and hour. Looking forwarding to when our Lord God looks to His Son, and says, "ok... go get them!!"

In the meantime, prayers are coming your way - :pray

Spartan Sprinter 1

Between dust storms and now smoke, it is difficult to be outside for any length of time without protection.

As my predominant work is within Horticulture - I am seeing endless established gardens dying.
Some of these are Heritage Listed in Australia and of great significance.....dying.

Over and over and over again....across what is considered " England in Australia " - the Southern Highlands of New South Wales.

My feet are black....every night I scrub them...to remove the ash and soot which seems to be everywhere and inescapable.

Kangaroo's starving and thirsty line up next to a small patch of grass near my front varendah.
They drink from buckets of water I put out for them...and eat the small green grass shoots that I carefully nuture - hoping to help.
They pant like dogs....thirsty, hot, hungry and struggling in this horrid smoke.

Those brave firies working with little rest do their utmost to save what life and property they can.

We are tired......tired of drought, of fires, of smoke....tired of hyper vigilance....of packed cars and constant checking of wind directions, temperature.....

This is horrible.....and yet....how much worse it will be in the Tribulation years.

Praying for this whole planet of humans to return to God and seek Him....to believe upon Jesus and receive eternal life.

I think its almist fair to assume that in our state of New South Wales most of the country areas are burnt up

JamesSuth

I have watched some news footage from Australia today and it is so sad. Hopefilled, I hope you stay encouraged for our future hope. In Genesis, God created the world in six days. I was reading in the Matthew Henry commentary that it is not because God needed six days, He could have spoke it into being instantly. He is coming back and will take us to a perfect place where His creation is not ever destroyed again.

We need to pray for rain to put our the fires and feed the vegetation and trees, and for the people of Australia to turn back to the Lord.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Climate Change? Turns Out Two Dozen Arrested for Setting Australia's Fires

Authorities in New South Wales have arrested two dozen Australians for intentionally setting fires as huge swaths of the country continue to be engulfed by flames.

In a news release issued Monday, the NSW Police Force said legal action has been taken against more than 180 people since late last year. The bushfires have killed 18 people and burned 4.9 million hectares of land, consuming thousands of structures, and millions of animals, the statement said.

In breaking down their figures, the police said “24 have been charged over deliberately-lit bushfires; 53 people have had legal actions for allegedly failing to comply with a total fire ban; and 47 people have had legal actions for allegedly discarding a lighted cigarette or match on land.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahb...-for-setting-australias-massive-fire-n2559064