"Assault Weapon" ban defeated in Virginia Senate!

Jonathan

While many bad bills made it through, the worst one by far has been defeated! (This doubles as a praise report also! Thank you, God, for another answered prayer from not just me but millions of Virginians).

Many other members have expressed interest in our struggle, so I just though I would update you all. The following link explains it in details:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/virg...ttee-marking-legislative-blow-for-gov-northam

depserv

Assault weapon is a slogan used by liars to manipulate fools. There is no such classification of arms; the slogan was dreamed up purely for propaganda purposes.

Based on usage, what the slogan refers to is 20th Century arms, because laws against so-called assault weapons outlaw certain guns because they are arms (weapons in other words), and only arms that are characteristic of 20th Century designs; pre-20th Century arms remain legal (these include bolt and lever action, single shot, double barrel, and revolvers). The purpose is to disarm the American people through obsolescence.

What the sporting use concept says is that there is some kind of vague right or privilege or something to have guns, but only if the gun’s purpose is trivial, since sport by definition is something done just for fun. So there is some privilege to have dangerous toys, but there is no right to have the means to defend yourself, your family, your community, and your country (unless you work for the government). This is an absurd concept, but it is widely used in the selling of these laws.

The sporting purpose lie can be stated succinctly like this: there is a right of the people to keep and bear arms, but only as long as what the people keep and bear are not arms. A only if not A in other words. This is a logical impossibility. It might be the stupidest argument ever presented in human history. Its widespread acceptance among liberal cattle shows the power of liberal propaganda machines to herd cattle with absurd deceptions.

The biggest mass murders have all been committed with things other than guns. Take away ALL guns, and those wanting to commit mass murder would be no less able.

Just think about it: the whole assault weapons campaign is a big whopping lie, composed of many smaller lies. There is no truth in it. And this lie has been with us since the very early 1990s. Some states have passed laws based on this lie. Such an easily-debunked lie staying with us for so many years and still being told and believed by the masses is a shining monument to the dumbing down of America.

I think this is evidence of those who turn their back on God being easily lied to by His enemy. And it turns out that God's enemy is also the enemy of freedom, and the enemy of America.

Jonathan

Assault weapon is a slogan used by liars to manipulate fools. There is no such classification of arms; the slogan was dreamed up purely for propaganda purposes.
You know it, and I know it. That is why I always place quotes around "assault weapon" or "assault rifle." Many people think that the AR in AR-15 stands for assault rifle, but it doesn't. It stands for Armalite Rifle, the name of the company that originally produced them, as I am sure you know.

In any case, Great post. I couldn't have summed it up better.

A number of bad bills did make it through, but this, by far, was the worst, and I am very grateful it has been defeated - for now. 2021 will be another fight.

depserv

A number of bad bills did make it through, but this, by far, was the worst, and I am very grateful it has been defeated - for now. 2021 will be another fight.
I agree that the assault weapon scam is one of the worst gun control scams, but I think the red flag scam could turn out to be even more insidious. As you know, it gives government the authority to disarm anyone government decides might be dangerous; there is no due process or right of appeal as far as I can tell, unless maybe you have lots of money for an attorney, and then only maybe, and after a long time. So if there is ever a government that presents the danger of tyranny, where the militia is necessary to defend this nation, who will the aspiring tyrants think is the most dangerous? The armed patriot of course.

Together with the selling of this scam is a propaganda blitz convincing masses of fools that the patriot (by various names) is the most dangerous of all thought criminals. I think this coordination is deliberate, and I think disarming patriots is the ultimate purpose of this scam. They know that they only need to disarm the patriots; the rest don't matter, even if they do have so-called assault weapons. In fact liberal cattle will be using their weapons against patriots, and in so doing assisting the despots.

But which one is worse is academic (I just wanted to take the opportunity to mention the danger in the red flag scam). The fact is, they are both bad, they are both based in lies, and they are both illegal.