Ashkenazi: Netanyahu is the architect of the new government

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ashkenazi: Netanyahu is the architect of the new government
Outgoing Foreign Minister won't rule out a future return to politics, criticizes Netanyahu; He regrets not keeping the agreement with us.
Arutz Sheva Staff , Jun 20 , 2021
Gabi Ashkenazi.

Outgoing Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi, who decided to step down from political life, is not ruling out a future return to politics. In an interview with Channel 12 News on Saturday night, Ashkenazi said, "I think [Yair] Lapid can be an excellent Foreign Minister. I think there should be a functioning government that approves a budget. The two-and-a-half-year roller coaster has brought us to a bad place. [The] success [of the government] depends on the players who make it up."

He spared no criticism of former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, saying, "I knew Netanyahu when he was Prime Minister. When I was his Chief of Staff, I met a different Netanyahu, a talented and complex man. For the past two years he has stopped behaving in a statesmanlike manner. I thought there was no need for a fourth election in light of the coronavirus and the economic crisis. I think Netanyahu is sorry that he did not abide by the agreement [with Blue and White]. We were told that the country was falling into the abyss."

more............. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/308376