Asbury "Revival"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amethyst

Angie ... †

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Some (solid bible teachers) are saying it seems New Agey and gospel is not being presented but a lot of "emotionalism" but other solid people (like David Guzik) are saying theres a difference between revival and "spiritual awakening"

Also theres a part of the service where theres a woman saying she is casting out a demon from a woman. It is unknown whether they are saying that woman was a believer or not. As we know, believers dont have demons.

Psalm37v4

Hated and laughed at by the world but loved by God
I’m not sure what to think. I’m not trying to be judgmental, but it appears that they’re doing mostly acoustic praise and worship. I watched some of the live stream. It was OK but I can’t say I felt the presence of God. But if it truly is of the Lord, I don’t want to hinder His work. At least I didn’t see anything weird like people being slain in the spirit or laughing, etc..

Follower

Let me say this, It is sure a lot better than a satan worshiping super bowl half time show!
I'm not sure about that statement. Which is more likely to deceive people open satanism or counterfeit Christianity? We are warned again and again in the NT about false teaching, grievous wolves, and deceivers within the church. The state of much of professing Christianity today is apostasy (or at least heading in that direction).

An outward emotional movement is not what is needed today, what we need is a return to serious Bible study and proper exposition of the Scriptures in order to rightly divide the Word and allow the Spirit to correct and guide each of us from the inside out. Believers led in such a way will have much more of an impact on the world than what has passed for "revivals" the past few decades (such as Charismania, the Laughing Revival, Prosperity Gospel, Promisekeepers, Best Life Now, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back