Asbury "Revival"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I did hear something about this so-called revival, but I haven't really looked into it. Because many of the "revivals" in the 90s and 2000s turned out to be false, I'm waiting to see if this one is real or not - or should I say inspired by God or the devil
Andy Woods is taking a wait and see approach as well. When I read that Todd Bentley is going to be there for several days, I start to lean a certain direction :rolleyes:

Dave_97

Oh, you don’t want to know, but since you asked… He’s a false teacher.
A quote from the article in Christiannews.net:
“Todd Bentley, who once claimed to activate the power of God by kicking a woman in the face with his biker boot, has announced that he is “booked to spend several days” in what is being called a “revival” at Asbury.”
Hopefully nobody gets kicked when he gets there.

Psalm37v4

Hated and laughed at by the world but loved by God
If it was just a rumor, then why does his official Twitter page state that he attended?

“After attending the Asbury revival, Todd is heading to Brooklyn, NY….We will have a special time of impartation as Todd desires to release what he's received at the revival.”

Also, according to Justin Peters, queer students have been leading worship at the revival.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
If it was just a rumor, then why does his official Twitter page state that he attended?

“After attending the Asbury revival, Todd is heading to Brooklyn, NY….We will have a special time of impartation as Todd desires to release what he's received at the revival.”
I never stated it was a rumor.
I was agreeing with Angie we should confirm before stating it was true.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
The people at Asbury were saying he is not a "part" of the event

Whether he attended on his own initiative I do not know. Those heretics are always trying to co-opt things anyway.
I was just saying that doesnt mean they wanted him there or even endorse him being there.

The chapel people said kenneth copeland tried to send some people there and they denied him. :idunno
We will find out soon enough the fruit from all this, rotten or good.

Psalm37v4

Hated and laughed at by the world but loved by God
Well that definitely is not good.
Wouldn't surprise me .
Did Justin Peters provide any proof of this?
What lead him to make these claims?

Not saying it isn't true , just asking.
I'm no fan of Todd whatsoever JFTR.
Oh, I’m not a fan of his either. Justin’s Twitter page has a retweet from somebody at Asbury, where they state “did you know POC, women and queer students have been leading worship all 8 days?”
I didn’t know if it was safe to post retweets, so that’s why I didn’t.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Oh, I’m not a fan of his either. Justin’s Twitter page has a retweet from somebody at Asbury, where they state “did you know POC, women and queer students have been leading worship all 8 days?”
I didn’t know if it was safe to post retweets, so that’s why I didn’t.
I understand .

Im a realist and this whole "revival" thing did not sit well with me the second I heard about it.
I believe we are past any revivals ,on a large scale at least.

GotGrace

I'm not sure about that statement. Which is more likely to deceive people open satanism or counterfeit Christianity? We are warned again and again in the NT about false teaching, grievous wolves, and deceivers within the church. The state of much of professing Christianity today is apostasy (or at least heading in that direction).

An outward emotional movement is not what is needed today, what we need is a return to serious Bible study and proper exposition of the Scriptures in order to rightly divide the Word and allow the Spirit to correct and guide each of us from the inside out. Believers led in such a way will have much more of an impact on the world than what has passed for "revivals" the past few decades (such as Charismania, the Laughing Revival, Prosperity Gospel, Promisekeepers, Best Life Now, etc).
I have not heard any of the services. I hope it is genuine because the fields are white unto harvest.

SarahRose

This is my personal assessment. Although I can’t say this is a revival or not, as Christians we just have to be careful to not conclude anything as of yet.

I do believe Gods word has to be spoken to some degree for any repentance to happen.

I’ve also noticed some of us (not just in this thread) are very skeptical of anything that has to do with emotion. If people get emotional, it doesn’t necessarily mean the whole thing is a sham. Yes there has been many ministries that are all emotions and no Gods word and I would not follow those too. Emotions can be deceiving cause we are fallen human beings, and this why we rely on Gods word first.

But if Gods word is being spoken, and people are responding in repentance, but are also very emotional because they realize what the Lord has done for them it’s not a bad thing. I personally was very emotional in the very early weeks to months after I met Jesus, literally parts of my Bible (the gospel sections) were soaked with dried tears cause I just couldn’t comprehend what the Lord had done in my life. However, eventually as you continue to grow in your faith your no longer a “baby Christian” and you might not longer be as emotional.

So well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back