As It Was In The Days Of Noah

Discussion in 'The Rapture, Bible Prophecy, and End Times Chat' started by Chris, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

As It Was In The Days Of Noah
    By Jack Kelley

As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man (Matt 24:37). The time leading up to the Great Flood was a lot like our time today in that it was characterized by a deliberate and escalating disregard for the ways of God. Finally “the Lord saw how great man’s wickedness on earth had become and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time” (Gen. 6:5).

What Day Is This?

If you plot the lifespans of the patriarchs in Genesis 5 , you’ll discover it was 1656 years from Adam’s creation to the Great Flood. During that time mankind had degenerated from human beings created in the very image of God who walked and talked with Him to a race whose thoughts and actions were totally depraved and bent only on evil (Gen. 6:5). It’s been about 1977 years since man was first given the choice to be re-created by events at the Cross (2 Cor 5:17) but most of today’s world has declined. As a result, a single look around us is all that’s needed to see that from a spiritual and moral perspective life today is becoming pretty much “as it was in the days of Noah”.

What Planet Are You From?

I’ve made mention in previous articles of the mysterious people in Genesis 6:4 called the Nephillim. They were the offspring of marriages between angelic beings and earthlings . Would these beings with super natural strength (origin of the titans or demi-gods in mythology) be called aliens today? In many documented alien encounters there seems to be a great interest on their part in our reproductive system. Are aliens using humans to breed a super race again? In the King James rendering of Daniel 2:43 there’s a curious reference to someone “mingling themselves with the seed of men” in the last days. Is the anti-Christ part alien or in command of beings that are part alien and part human? As it was in the days of Noah?

Out Of The Way

But in all my years of study comparing the days of Noah with the end of the age one insight has recently made things much clearer to me. In Genesis 6:3 God warned of the removal of His Spirit from Earth before the coming judgment. Some see this passage as capping man’s life span at 120 years, but that can’t be its purpose. In Psalm 90:10 we’re told that an average man’s life span is 70 years, and Isaiah 23:15 supports this conclusion. Average life spans before the flood were much longer than 120 years, and after the flood soon became much shorter. Looking at the Genesis lifespans again shows that Shem, probably the last pre-flood man, outlived 8 of the first 9 post flood generations of his descendants, including Abraham.

The fact is that 120 years was the time God gave man to prepare for the coming judgment. He said He was going to remove His Spirit from the earth prior to that judgment. In 2 Thes 2:7 a similar warning is given concerning the end of the age (but without a deadline), and there is confusion over it’s interpretation just as with Gen. 6:3. The only truly literal interpretation of this passage is that sometime before the anti-Christ can be revealed in all his power beginning the Great Tribulation, the restraining force of the Holy Spirit must be taken out of the way (literally out of the midst, or from among).

Then as I was reading Genesis 6 again, the most remarkable thing happened. In my Bible Genesis 6:3 is in the right hand column about 1 inch down the page. I’ve had it high lighted for years. In the left hand column directly across from Genesis 6:3 is another verse I highlighted some time ago. It’s Genesis 5:24 and reads; Enoch walked with God and then he was no more because God took him away. Seeing those two high lighted verses side by side like that caused the sequence of events to suddenly become so obvious to me, I don’t know why I hadn’t seen it before. First Enoch was taken alive from earth and the Holy Spirit was withdrawn. Then in Gen. 6:5 man’s behavior is described as having become unbearably wicked and in Gen. 7 the judgment came, in that order.

Enoch’s name means teaching and according to Jude 14-15 he gave the first prophecy of the 2nd coming. Hebrew tradition holds that he was born on the 6th day of Sivan on the Hebrew calendar and was taken by God on his birthday. The 6th of Sivan is the day we know as Pentecost, the birthday of the Church. For these reasons Enoch is often seen as a model or type of the church, whose calling is also to teach the world the ways of the Lord and to talk about His coming.

You Promised You Wouldn’t Do That

The Bible declares that the Holy Spirit is sealed within believers as a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance (Ephes. 1:13-14). Paul wrote that the Holy Spirit will be withdrawn from earth sometime before the anti- Christ is allowed to trigger the judgment known as the Great Tribulation (2 Thes. 2:7). Withdrawing the Holy Spirit with out removing the Church would break God’s promise to us since it would require “unsealing” the Holy spirit from within us. That’s something that God can’t do. “What I have said, that will I bring about,” He declares. “What I have planned, that will I do.” (Isaiah 46:11)

If Enoch is indeed a model of the church and if the Lord’s prophecy of Matt 24:37 is meant to describe the sequence of end times events, as seems likely, then one day soon we will be taken alive (raptured) from earth like Enoch was, and the Holy Spirit will be withdrawn. Man’s behavior will quickly become unbearably wicked and the judgment will come, all in that order. As it was in the days of Noah. Selah.

https://www.raptureforums.com/bible-study/as-it-was-in-the-days-of-noah/

2. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

Yes, that makes sence to me.
    Enoch = the Church, raptured before God unleashes His judgements.
    Noah = Israel, carried by God Himself, through the Tribulation.
    The wicked = the unbelievers, they perish if they don’t repent in time.

3. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

We are seeing how bad it is getting with all the violence. It seems like the police and babies are being targeted. Then we have unsecured borders for illegals to come in and kill We The People! It has really ramped up on the evilness of darkness!:diablo

4. DanLMP

DanLMP Well-Known Member

Therefore, we should not be looking for the days of Noah to happen during our sojourn here on Earth.
    But we can look for the precursors of those days.

If what is currently happening is not the "days of Noah" then I'm glad I won't be here for those days.
    It's bad enough right now.

5. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Scripture for so as it was in the days of Noah. :bibleMatthew 24:37-39

6. lenraff

lenraff Well-Known Member

Gen. 6:3 strive in this verse in the original Hebrew is DIN/or Judge. Not removed. This is conveying the absence of the convicting and leading(as we now know it) of the Holy Spirit sometime in the future. Basically, most men left to his own devices, leading of course to unbridled sin. Hence the link to the days of Lot.
    Strong's Concordance 1777
    din: to judge
    Original Word: דִּין
    Part of Speech: Verb
    Transliteration: din
    Phonetic Spelling: (deen)
    Definition: to judge
    Again, I must say, there will be people saved after the Rapture and this would be impossible IMO, if God's Spirit was not present to draw them to Christ. John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. Imho.

7. RonJohnSilver

RonJohnSilver Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the Holy Spirit will still be on the earth to, as you say, draw people to Jesus. What will be different, though, is that the 'sealing' ministry of the Spirit will be gone. That is an age of grace ministry only. So, rather than having the Spirit indwelling believers as now, those accepting the Lord will have to give evidence of their conversion. It will be a return to an Old Testament system where believers had to offer sacrifices as evidence of their faith. Note Matthew 25 where he talks of visiting the sick, in prison, etc. and the response is when did we do those things? And Jesus' reply, "when you did it to others, you did it to me." In that tribulation time, giving evidence of faith in Jesus will, very likely, mean death.

8. Trudy

Trudy Active Member

:hmmm
    Enoch,whose hebrew name "Chanok" means "dedicated", knew and trusted GOD.
    "And Enoch walked with God, and he was not; for God took him." Gen 5:22-24
    He was a Man of Faith, like we can read about so many others in the Book of Hebrews 11!They were saved by grace through Faith, like we are, and not by works!
    "For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God,not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

As another example there was Noah, a righteous man, blameless in his time; and he walked with God. Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
    "But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall enter the ark-- you and your sons and your wife, and your sons' wives with you. Gen.6:9+18

Continuing in Hebrews 10:8+9 it is written:
    "In the passage above He says, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings You did not desire, nor did You delight in them” (although they are offered according to the law).Then He adds, “Here I am, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first to establish the second.
    And by that will, we have been sanctified through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."
    "The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First He says:“This is the covenant I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord. I will put My laws in their hearts and inscribe them on their minds.”
    Then He adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”
    And where these have been forgiven, an offering for sin is no longer needed." Hebrews10:15-17
    The Holy Spirit will not be moved away!
    On the Feast of Shavuot=Pentecost(50 days after "Firstfruits") GOD has poured out His Holy Spirit on all Flesh as fulfillment of Joel`s prophesy!
    Nothing will change about the Holy Spirit, because...
    "Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." John3:5

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
    one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
    Now to each one of us grace has been given according to the measure of the gift of Christ." Ephesians 4:4-7
    :ring

9. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

To add on to what Ron said, the below is Jesus Words during his Olivet Discourse. Verse 13 talks of having to endure to the end to be saved. Obviously thats not a requirement for the church as salvation is a one time event, sealed for eternity. The verses below talk about events during the tribulation, and the church is long gone, finally at Home.

Matthew 24:9
    Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

10. Trudy

Trudy Active Member

Psalm 90 is indeed a wonderful Prayer of Moses to GOD,where Moses said:
    4) "For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.
    5)You sweep them away as with a flood; they are like a dream, like grass that is renewed in the morning:
    6)in the morning it flourishes and is renewed; in the evening it fades and withers.
    9)For all our days decline in Your fury; we finish our years with a sigh.
    10)The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong—yet their pride is but labor and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away."

But what GOD has said, is what HE means,because we read also in Deut34,7:
    "Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak, and his vitality had not diminished."

A 120 Years seems to be the max of Time for us humans since then.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  11. MePlus6

MePlus6 Well-Known Member

I've always interpreted it as the time left until the Lord flooded the world.

athenasius and cchomeschoolmom like this.
  12. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

And the LORD said,
    My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh:
    yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. (Gen. 6:3)

lenraff, athenasius and Trudy like this.
  13. Trudy

Trudy Active Member

Starting with Genesis 5:32, Noah is giving us a timeline concerning the Flood:
    "And Noah was five hundred years old; and Noah begot Shem, Ham, and Japheth."
    At that point in time the world was already filled with such violence and abominations:
    Genesis 6:1-2
    "Now when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them,the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose."
    Out of those forbidden connections with "the fallen angels",the giants/Nephilim were born to them (also known as titans or demigods)!
    Genesis6:4
    "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and afterward as well, when the sons of God had relations with the daughters of men. And they bore them children who became the mighty men of old, men of renown."

So herein lies at least one reason ,to my understanding,why God did limit the lifespan of mankind:the mixing of seed!

Noah was righteous and blameless #8549. tamim=unblemished/without defect, providing the linage for "the Seed"!
    As it was prophesied that "the Seed of the Woman" will crush the head of the serpent, Messiah's linage came through Noah and Shem!
    Gen3:15
    "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed. He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

Hebrews 2:14
    "Now since the children have flesh and blood, He too shared in their humanity, so that by His death He might destroy him who holds the power of death, that is, the devil;"
    Colossians 2:15
    "Having disarmed the rulers and the authorities, He made a show of them in public, having triumphed over them in it.

Continuing the point of the flood timeline:
    It was 100 years later when Noah was 600 years old(on his Birthday?)and he had finished the Ark,the rain started to fall and fountains of the great deep opened up:
    Genesis 7:6,7+11
    "Now Noah was 600 years old when the floodwaters came upon the earth.
    And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
    In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month, all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened."
    :campfire :stirpot :candle :prophet :hide :knitting2:knitting