Artificial Intelligence – Locked and Loaded

madcat

Yes indeed lack of consciousness is dangerous. We already have plenty of people in this world with lack of consciousness.

Just wait until someone claims they have fallen in love with AI and wants to marry it. They will be convinced it is human. I’m not kidding.
That’s not a far-fetched idea. Remember back even 10+ yrs. go when people were “marrying” blow-up life-sized “partners”?

Xenosjeff

Christians who are actively keeping watch on the wall have a unique perspective and opportunity to share what they see from their post. I don't know anything for certain about how the existence of AI will effect the future. I can however express possibilities that may be assumed based upon the trajectories of technology and it's intersections with human nature.
For discussion sake these points are offered.
1. AI is being developed and advanced within laboratories known and unknown.
2. There is no way to stop the development now that the basic principles are existent.
3. Mankind has used every weapon that has been discovered.
4. Amoral and godless regimes will see this as an equalizer for power and gain.
5. Solitary individuals who are vulnerable will not be able to withstand an AI attack on their perceived understanding of reality.
6. When a full frontal attack on the Word of God is implemented by an AI entity, people will be deceived and trust AI before they trust the Bible.
7. The gates of hell shall not prevail against the Word of God.

Let me be very clear. I do not know how this is going to play out. I just know that there are now new possibilities to consider. My hope and confidence is in the finished work of Christ, not in some dystopian future that I will not be a part of.
The usefulness of this discussion is for those who will continue the good fight.

If anyone reads these boards out of curiosity and gets the concept of the spiritual battle they are in, this may help.

Jeff

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Problems with ai,

It is dependent completely on source code. If any byte comes from the demonic, the entirety is corrupt.

ai is a machine, so it cannot be brought to court for war crimes, or any other perceived crime. There is no intent that can be judged.

If ai is programmed to do evil, it will continue to do it consistently. See first item- source code.

opinion:
I expect ai to be used expertly by the greatest world power - the prince of the air - to control, locate, and eliminate. It makes any kind of survival of the trib outside of the 144000, and what ever remnant of mankind is left so remote,
that anyone 'sitting on the fence' about salvation in Jesus might just as well be considered dead once the Trumpet sounds.

Today is the day of salvation. There is no guarantee Tomorrow will be available.

SJ129

The plan of the elites (and satan), is to not only to integrate AI with robots -- but with humans, Musk and Gates already have companies working on implanting "chips" in the brain that can be "programmed" to download any requested knowledge. With this combination they will be able to repair/replace their own organs; eliminate tumors, maximize their strength (and live forever) like Yuval Huarari describes "they will no longer be human, they'll be like gods"!! I can see this being developed and used by the AC during the Great Trib. But I know God laughs at their plans and efforts. By the end of the seven years it will have all "passed away". He will "make everything new" -- and we won't need any "chips" to have GI (glorified intelligence)!

I have been a "computer geek" since the early sixties and I won't have anything to do with any AI software. As liv4Him said earlier, it is a "demonic portal"; that has even frightened the people developing it. I advise its best to stay away from it -- don't "experiment or test" -- Avoid!!

However, "Let not your heart be troubled"; it is just an indicator that we're a couple minutes closer to "Launch Time"!!

Maranatha, God Bless, Dan
Yep. Neurolink.

athenasius

Problems with ai,

It is dependent completely on source code. If any byte comes from the demonic, the entirety is corrupt.

ai is a machine, so it cannot be brought to court for war crimes, or any other perceived crime. There is no intent that can be judged.

If ai is programmed to do evil, it will continue to do it consistently. See first item- source code.

opinion:
I expect ai to be used expertly by the greatest world power - the prince of the air - to control, locate, and eliminate. It makes any kind of survival of the trib outside of the 144000, and what ever remnant of mankind is left so remote,
that anyone 'sitting on the fence' about salvation in Jesus might just as well be considered dead once the Trumpet sounds.

Today is the day of salvation. There is no guarantee Tomorrow will be available.
I can envision a demonic spirit sitting on the shoulders of an unsaved programmer whispering in his or her ear or nudging them to write the code in a certain way that allows the demonic spirit to use that program.

George and I had a mortgage many years ago, and the same summer that my mother in law was given 6 weeks to live, and our daughter was in the process of being diagnosed with a brain tumour (God healed them both) our bank suddenly began pulling money out of our savings account and a joint account with our inlaws that was used for the kids private school costs (before we began homeschooling)

Our cheques were bouncing even though his pay cheque was being deposited, and we were within our budget. We complained, they said it was our fault.

We were so overwhelmed that we couldn't deal with that, just mother in law's health and daughter's health.

I was crying out to God as was George.

A few months went by, our finances getting worse all the time, bounced cheque charges piling up and suddenly the bank called.

Somebody in a town FAR AWAY mentioned to his branch that his mortgage was being paid by someone else, that he had too much money. God bless that honest man.

They investigated and found out WE WERE PAYING HIS MORTGAGE -- miles away but the computer programmer working in Vancouver had diverted our funds to his mortgage account.

They were at fault and admitted it. One gal worked for months to straighten out the finances. To this day I don't think they got it all paid back in the proper places and they did draft letters to all the places we "bounced" cheques to to restore our credit.

But they kept saying it was impossible, never happened ever before, simply impossible.

Except it happened. At the same time as those two attacks on my mother in law and our daughter.

Impossible in human terms, a deadly demonic attack in reality.

But God delivered us out of it all.

I know from experience that the devil and his minions can use a computer programmer to cause great harm to people he or she doesn't even know.

The bank wasn't possessed, but the enemy was sure using a vulnerable individual in a very designated way at a time when other attacks were going on. Coordinated.

But God!

rcw618

Artificial Intelligence – Locked and Loaded
By Hal Lindsey

If you’ve played with one of the freely available artificial intelligence programs, you were probably stunned with its speed. Tell ChatGPT to write a 1,000-word essay on causes of the American Civil War, and even the free version will spew out an essay with astonishing speed. It may not be entirely accurate. It may not be as good as the one you would have written. But it will do the job in a fraction of the time.

From early on, computers amazed us with their speed. And it is speed that makes AI both dangerous and inevitable. Right now, human pilots can outfly computers. But that won’t be the case for long. Computers are faster, and as AI pilots get better, they will begin to defeat human pilots. When that happens, nations around the world will be forced to arm autonomous machines in serious numbers. Any nation refusing to use AI in its defense will be vulnerable.

The same thing will happen on the ground. Imagine an army of four-legged, dog-like robots armed with advanced weapons and artificial intelligence. At first, they will be tough for humans to beat. Then humans will stop being able to defeat them at all. This will force nations to arm autonomous machines that cannot be unplugged.

In 1940, Isaac Asimov began writing a series of stories about robots with the ability to think and reason. By 1942, he had developed what we now refer to as the “Three Laws of Robotics,” or “Asimov’s Laws.” The first is the most important. “A robot shall not harm a human, or by inaction allow a human to come to harm.”

It must have been comforting to think that if humans were ever able to create true thinking machines, we would surely have the good sense to build in some kind of safety mechanism. That thought might have been comforting, but it was also nonsense. Human beings were never going to allow potential weapons of this significance to go unbuilt or unused.

AI may never achieve actual consciousness like you have, or even like your dog has. An AI can simulate consciousness and feelings, but they are nowhere near real consciousness. And that’s not very reassuring. If anything, lack of consciousness makes these machines more dangerous. It means they will have vast ability with zero empathy.

The “First Law of Robotics” is not compatible with military applications, and militaries are spending vast amounts of money right now developing AI-based weapons systems. Such machines will both fight and kill. Police departments and even private security firms will also use armed AI-based machines — autonomous robots. Any military that does not embrace Artificial Intelligence will fall hopelessly behind. Armed forces around the world will have no choice. They will have to add AI to their weapons and weapons to their AI.

In the movies, autonomous machines often turn against humanity. Is that possible? One of AI’s pioneers, Mo Gawdat, predicts that AI will one day be able to build its own machines to carry out its own directives, bypassing people completely. He says such AI will likely think of humans as “scum.” What do you do with scum? You clean it up — get rid of it.

With enough time, Artificial Intelligence might do devastating things to the human race. And AI is only one of several extreme threats to civilization. We should respond to such threats with wise policies and thoughtful actions. We should be good citizens and good stewards. And we should pray. Washington and Lincoln led the nation in prayers of thanksgiving that included repentance. On D-Day, Franklin Roosevelt led the nation in prayer, calling on his fellow citizens to begin and end each day with “fervent” prayer. In this hour of danger, the whole world needs to humbly call on God in repentance and for help.

No matter what the world does, however, you can stand firmly in God’s grace. The Bible long ago warned about the days in which we now live. But it also tells those who are in Christ Jesus not to fear, but to walk in faith that He will care for us. So, lift up your head. Your redemption draws near!

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/artificial-intelligence-locked-and-loaded/
In the strongest way, all that comes to my mind is:

“Now the whole earth had one language and the same words. And as people migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. And they said to one another, “Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly.” And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for mortar. Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth.” And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of man had built. And the Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another’s speech.” So the Lord dispersed them from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city. Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth. And from there the Lord dispersed them over the face of all the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭11‬:‭1‬-‭9‬ ‭ESV‬‬

This is going to end biblically. :nukes

Back