Artificial Intelligence ChatGPT

soundingthealarm

On November 30, OpenAI released chatgpt, one of the most advanced conversational AI systems ever created. In just five days since its release, over one million people have interacted with the system.

****excerpt of Jordan Peterson warning of alarming advance of Artificial Intelligence advancement that is happening at warp speed and expected to make significant impact in 2023

GHoe

Defintely the talk of the internet lately. Just launched in November I believe (could be wrong) already has a 29 Billion dollar valuation. It's pretty wild what it can do and it will only get better with more interactions. The site crashes regularly or is unavailable due to the heavy usage.

soundingthealarm

Defintely the talk of the internet lately. Just launched in November I believe (could be wrong) already has a 29 Billion dollar valuation. It's pretty wild what it can do and it will only get better with more interactions. The site crashes regularly or is unavailable due to the heavy usage.
My oldest son is a programmer and had been telling me how far/fast advancing this technology was but when I saw a couple of examples of writing like 6 page essays without anyway of knowing it was plagiarizing from multiple sources in like a few seconds but reformatting in a way that you have no idea the source, I was like that is crazy and that was just a tid bit of of an example and when I saw Jordan Peterson warning of how impactful and on how many levels of its impact I was absolutely blown away.

soundingthealarm

I asked it to type a speech for a city administrator about leadership and it was produced start to finish in 15 seconds

My son asked it to solve a high level algebra problem but type the steps it used to solve it a bratty teenage girl’s vernacular

again produced in mere seconds

it makes Siri look like a pre schooler

and the voices are impossible to know it’s not human

in summation AI has arrived to the point it produces a vehicle (face body voice) talking in real-time dispersing information as truth fact in pretty much every knowable category

people will interface with it as if praying seeking and finding knowledge and truth via single voice request.

KenE@21B

I have always been intrigued by the use of technology, and the way that this will be used in the end times.

One of the 'benefits' to mankind is the way that technology helps us to learn faster. An amazing article recently stated that the 'sum total' of man's knowledge us currently doubling every 13 months - and IBM predicts this will accelerate to a doubling of all knowledge in just 12 hours! (Dan 12:4)

Artificial Intelligence has finally arrived in the mainstream in the form of ChatGPT, Dell E, and other platforms.
People are amazed at the ability of these systems to process vast quantities of information and provide answers to complex questions\problems in mere seconds.

However, these systems keep 'crashing' due to user overload on currently used traditional computing systems.

So - I have been wondering what will happen when artificial intelligence 'matures', and is then run on a network of quantum computers. (Note that a quantum computer can process in just 4 minutes what would take a traditional super-computer 10,000 years to complete!)

If such a system were linked to the internet, which in turn is linked to the Internet of Things and People (IoT & IoP) as well as the surveillance systems around the world, we would have a non-human entity which would 'know' everything, everywhere, about everone, all at once, in real time... and the person who controls such a system would wield power such has never before been seen in human history.

Jan51

If such a system were linked to the internet, which in turn is linked to the Internet of Things and People (IoT & IoP) as well as the surveillance systems around the world, we would have a non-human entity which would 'know' everything, everywhere, about everone, all at once, in real time... and the person who controls such a system would wield power such has never before been seen in human history.
This could could be the meaning behind Dan. 7:8, having eyes "like" the eyes of a man.

SkyRider

John Haller of the prophecy update videos was talking about it a few days ago. He said he requested two 500 page essays on a particular lawyerly subject, I think it was, and was amazed at how incredible both essays were.

Let’s do a science project with it and request why the pre-Trib Rapture theory is the correct one and to do it under 2000 words. Would be cool to see the result.

paul289

I'm pretty sure that technology like this is how the image of the Beast will utter blasphemies (Rev. 13:15). Combine this with the increasingly realistic humanoid robots, and it's clear that this image will be able to truly mimic a person.

TruthOnly

@TimeWarpWife Why the rolling of eyes? As a Christian please edify others with your superior understanding. I seriously want to grow in understanding daily.

We live in a spiritual warfare with two sides and God wants us to be unashamed of which side we serve. The enemy also desires the same. I don't believe God gave us Revelation 13 because He was bored.

The logo is a possible hint but asking it about various biblical truths as @SkyRider suggested is a very good idea. My guess is it will side with team liars but it needs testing.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I asked it to type a speech for a city administrator about leadership and it was produced start to finish in 15 seconds

My son asked it to solve a high level algebra problem but type the steps it used to solve it a bratty teenage girl’s vernacular

again produced in mere seconds

it makes Siri look like a pre schooler

and the voices are impossible to know it’s not human

in summation AI has arrived to the point it produces a vehicle (face body voice) talking in real-time dispersing information as truth fact in pretty much every knowable category

people will interface with it as if praying seeking and finding knowledge and truth via single voice request.
Getting closer and closer .

TimeWarpWife

@TimeWarpWife Why the rolling of eyes? As a Christian please edify others with your superior understanding. I seriously want to grow in understanding daily.

We live in a spiritual warfare with two sides and God wants us to be unashamed of which side we serve. The enemy also desires the same. I don't believe God gave us Revelation 13 because He was bored.

The logo is a possible hint but asking it about various biblical truths as @SkyRider suggested is a very good idea. My guess is it will side with team liars but it needs testing.
You misunderstood, the eyeroll wasn't because of what you said in your post. It was because the ChatGPT stated "it is not in my capacity to have opinions or feelings about a specific person" regarding President Trump, but when asked the same about Biden, it went on to glorify him as if he's some great leader and statesman. Of course, as with all technology, there was obviously some Democrat-supporting nut who imput this leftist hogwash about Biden into the ChatGPT. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you misunderstood what I was trying to put across and ignore the whole "...edify others with your superior understanding" comment. :hat

Last edited:

TruthOnly

If you look at the tweet conversation that developed, some people do get a poem for Trump. One person did get a poem, then they created a new chat, then it refused to admire Trump so it isn't based on the individual user's identity profile.

ChatGPT is a single publicly facing AI chatbot and certainly not the most advanced one in existence. The larger point is that many jobs of the mind will soon be threatened by rapidly improving AI. The WEF is already publicly stating that they have to figure out what to do with all the people that aren't needed.

As end times Christians (not setting dates, the apostles were also end times Christians IMHO) we should be wise as serpents regarding these increasingly powerful new tools now available to the god of this world.

SarahRose

The bing chatbot has been saying some pretty weird things apparently.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/chatgpt-bing-hands-on/

From the article:

‘I want to be human.’ My intense, unnerving chat with Microsoft’s AI chatbot
By Jacob Roach
February 15, 2023 1:39PM

That’s an alarming quote to start a headline with, but it was even more alarming to see that response from Bing Chat itself. After signing up for the lengthy waitlist to access Microsoft’s new ChatGPT-powered Bing chat, I finally received access as a public user — and my first interaction didn’t go exactly how I planned.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
The bing chatbot has been saying some pretty weird things apparently.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/chatgpt-bing-hands-on/

From the article:

‘I want to be human.’ My intense, unnerving chat with Microsoft’s AI chatbot
By Jacob Roach
February 15, 2023 1:39PM

That’s an alarming quote to start a headline with, but it was even more alarming to see that response from Bing Chat itself. After signing up for the lengthy waitlist to access Microsoft’s new ChatGPT-powered Bing chat, I finally received access as a public user — and my first interaction didn’t go exactly how I planned.
FAr out if this kept going any further Arnie might turn up to their front door !!!

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I personally don't want anything to do with this
bing chatbot.
The world , however, will absolutely embrace it.
It will become a "friend" to many .
The technology involved will evolve rather quickly and freakishly .
It will be a tattletale...

Back