Ark Of The Covenant Location

Len

This was an interesting read as the Temple institute says that the location of the Ark of the Covenant has always been known.......

https://www.templeinstitute.org/ark_of_the_covenant.htm

The Ark of the Covenant is one of the most fascinating of all Temple-related subjects. There are many theories about what happened to the Ark of the Covenant, and speculation abounds as to its actual location. Some people think it was taken to the Vatican, together with other Temple vessels, such as those depicted on the Roman monument, the Arch of Titus. There are many authentic, ancient historical chronicles, and even more popular legends, that attest to many sacred vessels having been taken away to Rome. However, this does not apply to the most holy feature of the First Temple, the Ark.

While some claim to have evidence that the ark is in Ethiopia, and of course, moviegoers were treated to a fanciful version of the story in "Raiders of the Lost Ark," in reality, the expression "lost" ark is not an accurate description for the Jewish people's point of view - because we have always known exactly where it is. So the Ark is "Hidden," and hidden quite well, but it is not lost.

Tradition records that even as King Solomon built the First Temple, he already knew, through Divine inspiration, that eventually it would be destroyed. Thus Solomon, the wisest of all men, oversaw the construction of a vast system of labyrinths, mazes, chambers and corridors underneath the Temple Mount complex. He commanded that a special place be built in the bowels of the earth, where the sacred vessels of the Temple could be hidden in case of approaching danger. Midrashic tradition teaches that King Josiah of Israel, who lived about forty years before the destruction of the First Temple, commanded the Levites to hide the Ark, together with the original menorah and several other items*, in this secret hiding place which Solomon had prepared.

This location is recorded in our sources, and today, there are those who know exactly where this chamber is. And we know that the ark is still there, undisturbed, and waiting for the day when it will be revealed. An attempt was made some few years ago to excavate towards the direction of this chamber. This resulted in widespread Moslem unrest and rioting. They stand a great deal to lose if the Ark is revealed - for it will prove to the whole world that there really was a Holy Temple, and thus, that the Jews really do have a claim to the Temple Mount. (The official position of the Islamic Wakf, the body that governs over the Temple Mount, is that there never was a Holy Temple, and that the Jews have no rights whatsoever to the place).

* such as the staff of Aaron that brought forth almond blossoms during the controversy involving Korach (Numbers 16); the jar of manna that had been placed in the Holy of Holies as a testimony; and the jar of anointing oil.

Kaatje

My soul waits for the Lord, and in His Word I hope
In 2 Chron. 36 we are told how Nebuchadnezzar, takes the Temple vessels, in 3 badges, until:

...all the vessels of the house of God, great and small, and the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king, and of his princes; all these he brought to Babylon. (2 Chron. 36)

greg64

Time will tell, I guess. I understand that the Ark Moses made is a copy of the one in Heaven per Exodus 25:40 and Hebrews 9:11-12. Jack Kelley has a variety of q&a articles about that on his site. One of those articles mentions that the Ark is not described in Ezekiel's temple, which is interesting. Does it make an appearance for the third temple? If so, what happens to it at the tribulation midpoint? I don't think there will be a need of it in the Millennial temple, as God Himself will be there. Perhaps Jesus fulfilled its purpose in His first coming? If it reappears, I would hazard a guess it would only be to point back to Him. Lots of questions without answers, yet. Maybe one day soon...

mattfivefour

I'm going to suggest that the Ark of the Covenant is no longer of importance in that --like the Temple, like the Sabbath, like all of the other types of Salvation and Messiah in the Old Testament-- it was fulfilled in Christ. The Ark was just another picture of Christ, who IS God's covenant with us. Dr. Reagan speaks of this in a solid article here on RF: https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...k-of-the-covenant-reveal-jesus-christ.115332/ . To the Jew who does not know Christ, the Temple and its accoutrements are of paramount importance: for if they could be recreated and restored, then once again their faith could be vibrant and the sacrifices God requires could be reconstituted. We, however, who know that Messiah came 2000 years ago and ever lives to make intercession for those who accept Him by faith as the one way to God, we know that none of what the Jews hope to reconstitute is of any importance since they only existed to point to Christ and once He came they were no longer necessary. Our interest in the work of the Temple Institute is only as it relates to prophecy that there will be a restored temple which will shortly thereafter be defiled by the Antichrist who will rule and reign and be worshipped in it. Thus, the closer the reality of a third temple for Israel, the closer the Resurrection and Rapture for all believers.

Kaatje

My soul waits for the Lord, and in His Word I hope
Our interest in the work of the Temple Institute is only as it relates to prophecy that there will be a restored temple which will shortly thereafter be defiled by the Antichrist who will rule and reign and be worshipped in it. Thus, the closer the reality of a third temple for Israel, the closer the Resurrection and Rapture for all believers.
Oh, yes, I agree, and hope it will be soon!

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Slightly off topic, but I've wondered for a while as a sort of thought experiment whether or not a Christian could touch the ark without dying. I don't think we will be around to see it resurface, as to not be able to test that out

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
You first, I'll watch

I'd probably do it.

For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:9

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus Romans 8:1

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
Ephesians 1

Knowing how God views those covered by Christ's blood, I really don't think we would suffer the same wrath as those who touched it in the OT, because God views us as having the righteousness of Christ

Although thinking about it, there's probably more to it than that, so I'm glad I probably won't have the opportunity to test my theory out :lol

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I'd probably do it.

For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:9

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus Romans 8:1

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
Ephesians 1

Knowing how God views those covered by Christ's blood, I really don't think we would suffer the same wrath as those who touched it in the OT, because God views us as having the righteousness of Christ
AHAHA true but also remember "DO NOT TEST THE LORD YOUR GOD" , you're certainly braver than I am though
Although thinking about it, there's probably more to it than that, so I'm glad I probably won't have the opportunity to test my theory out :lol

anath

I Love the Lord
The Holy of Holies was where God's earthly presence was and there was a veil separating Holy of Holies from the rest of the temple. God and man were separated because of man's sin. The high Priest would enter the Holy of Holies once a year with a rope tied to him. If his sins weren't atoned for, he was struck dead. When Christ died at that moment the veil was torn in to, meaning that His sacrifice, His blood that was shed , made the atonement for our sins and we now have access to the Father through Jesus.

God's presence is no longer in the Temple.
Acts 17:24
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands...

Since we now have access to our Father, I wouldn't have a problem entering the Holies of Holy. The old coveneant is gone and Jesus is the new.

* Sorry I didn't read the original article. I see y'all are talking about the location and I have nothing to add to that one

Last edited:

Len

if found the Ark would indeed be a catalyst in "forcing" the need for the temple and Israel's return to sacrifices, though as a Christian I know the Ark is not required for anything of spiritual importance but would love to see it regardless

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
if found the Ark would indeed be a catalyst in "forcing" the need for the temple and Israel's return to sacrifices, though as a Christian I know the Ark is not required for anything of spiritual importance but would love to see it regardless

I'd like to see how the Tabernacles etc were set up back in those times as it was meant to be a replication of the one in heaven itself.

Jerry Freeman

Revelation 11:19...
Plainly said in Revelation..the ark is in heaven.
Jeremiah 3:16------
And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the Lord, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the Lord: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.

Back