Are You Storing Your Data in the Cloud?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Given the attack on America by the Tech companies working in concert with each other to silence conservative voices, I wanted to suggest that if you're storing any of your data out there in the Cloud somewhere you might want to ensure that you have a copy of all of your data in your own possession.

As the attack on conservatives and Christians becomes more fierce, we're liable to find ourselves cut off from a lot of things that we take for granted now. Not knowing how all of this will play out, if you have personal possession of your data files, at least they won't be able to separate you from that.

I make this suggestion because my life has long ago been digitized and the loss of my data (which has never been stored on the Cloud) would be very damaging to me, so it's something I've given thought to.

The market offers those nifty portable pocket size USB hard drives that most often come in 1, 2, and 4 TB sizes. They're a convenient product for storing a backup copy of all of your data files that you might have on your computer or other device(s).

Last edited:

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
This always baffles me. I don't know what data people are storing. My husband writes, and I always save it to our hard drive. Photos are saved on computer as well as discs and thumb drives. If I had something really important like a will, that should be on paper. Same with deeds, taxes and stuff like that. Do people just store all of that kind of stuff in the cloud nowadays? I wouldn't trust that for a second.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Hopefully some techy person(s) who use the cloud can help with instructions. I've never stored my data in the cloud because I thought it was a bad idea from day one.

Same with deeds, taxes and stuff like that. Do people just store all of that kind of stuff in the cloud nowadays? I wouldn't trust that for a second

I wouldn't trust it either. My will is hard copy as it needs an original signature. I imagine someday that might change. Just about everything in my life is digitalized. My taxes are digitized. If I receive any tax documents in hard copy I keep it digitally. I'm slowly going through my file cabinets and digitizing everything that I can. Storage is a lot simpler that way.

Most schools have transitioned to doing student work on computers and storing it in the cloud. Because of that the latest generation is being brought up storing things in the cloud and don't think anything of it. I've talked to my younger kids about making sure they keep digital copies of their data under their control and off the cloud. My youngest learned the lesson well when after he graduated high school and they closed his school account he no longer had access to some of his documents that we would have liked to have kept. It's better that people copy their data to some medium under their immediate control before they lose their personal data documents in such a way.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
This always baffles me. I don't know what data people are storing. My husband writes, and I always save it to our hard drive. Photos are saved on computer as well as discs and thumb drives. If I had something really important like a will, that should be on paper. Same with deeds, taxes and stuff like that. Do people just store all of that kind of stuff in the cloud nowadays? I wouldn't trust that for a second.

USB drives are prone to failure if dropped or used too many times, so multiples are advisable.

Really important stuff, I keep both hard copy and digital, and at least one copy that isn't in the cloud is someplace physically not with the original and original digital copy. Far enough apart that a major flood, large tornado, etc. won't get both/all copies.

Here's the thread from awhile back with important administrative/legal stuff in multiple posts . . .
(no sense reinventing the wheel)
https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...to-evacuate-discussion.167045/#post-843229999

seated with Christ

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
I changed my iCloud password a day or two ago afterwards I went to my Notes app to put the new password in and I learn that I lost all my information notes because they were on the cloud. Then I took everything off the cloud in Settings except Photos and Game Center. pcbash

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Hopefully some techy person(s) who use the cloud can help with instructions. I've never stored my data in the cloud because I thought it was a bad idea from day one.

I wouldn't trust it either. My will is hard copy as it needs an original signature. I imagine someday that might change. Just about everything in my life is digitalized. My taxes are digitized. If I receive any tax documents in hard copy I keep it digitally. I'm slowly going through my file cabinets and digitizing everything that I can. Storage is a lot simpler that way.

Most schools have transitioned to doing student work on computers and storing it in the cloud. Because of that the latest generation is being brought up storing things in the cloud and don't think anything of it. I've talked to my younger kids about making sure they keep digital copies of their data under their control and off the cloud. My youngest learned the lesson well when after he graduated high school and they closed his school account he no longer had access to some of his documents that we would have liked to have kept. It's better that people copy their data to some medium under their immediate control before they lose their personal data documents in such a way.

Digital documents can be certified true copies and digital documents, complete with digital signature (or scanned original signature) can be notarized. Remotely, even.

It's hard to put the pretty gold seal on a digital document, though it can be done :lol And it would take a 3-D printer to get a raised seal :rolleyes Unfortunately that would defeat the purpose of electronic-only documents [sigh]