Are YOU Risen From the Dead?

Pat

Reminders – Are you risen from the dead?​

What would an Easter/Resurrection Sunday message be without an emphasis on the resurrection? Jesus’ death on the cross as the Savior came at a great cost, paying for the sins of the world. But His resurrection as Lord showcased God’s great power and brings forgiveness and life to all who come to Him believing the Gospel. That salvation, or being ‘Born Again,’ (literally being ‘born from above’) John 3:1-21 is also a work of God and showcases His power to do what no man can do. When asked, “What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said, This is the work of God; That you believe on him whom He has sent.John 6:28-29

There is an irreversible law of God, “…the wages of sin is death.” Romans 6:23a God is a just, as well as a loving God, and justice was served when “He made Him, [Jesus] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21 When the payment for the sin and sins of the world was complete, God raised Jesus from the dead, not as a reward for living a perfect life, but so that Jesus’ righteous life could be given to all who believe the Gospel. Yes, “the wages of sin is death,” but, “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23b Jesus paid the wages so that we could have the gift.

Final Thoughts: The dead Lazarus came forth alive, obeying the word of the Lord. All who are saved were also once dead but are now risen alive at the obeying the Gospel. “If you then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory.” Colossians 3:1-4 Because He lives, we live also. 2 Timothy 2:11 ph

alisani

That salvation, or being ‘Born Again,’ (literally being ‘born from above’)
John 3:1-21
is also a work of God and showcases His power to do what no man can do. When asked,​
“What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said, This is the work of God; That you believe on him whom He has sent.”​
John 6:28-29​
Beautiful post and praise God for both His power and His ardent desire to save fallen humanity. I am blessed that He has done such a work in me. I look at the world today and I can only be grateful to not be so lost, to have been rescued from the sin within and the sin without. Eternity is just the right amount of time to spend thanking Him and honoring Him for His goodness! :yeah

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Amen!! Praise the Lord!

I love how one pastor put it, that God used Jesus' death to attach all the world's sin to, so that by Jesus' willingly laying down His life in death, salvation is made possible for all......in His resurrection.

So, as I understand, those....in Christ, the body of Christ by faith in Jesus, share in His death and resurrection. Believers become fully connected to Jesus, His death and being raised to life.

Only God's death on the cross, as God the Son, could possibly be full payment for the sin of the World. The cross shows the great seriousness of sin (with the justice of God in punishing sin) and the great merciful love of both Jesus and God the Father who sent Him (with Jesus taking that punishment in our place). That they both were lovingly united in purpose to bring redemption to all who believe in Jesus. God did all the hard work and made the way easy for us through simple, trusting faith in Jesus. That's incredible love!

It's like learning that one has a large family trust available to them. One that was put together especially for them out of the hard work of another who loves that person. All that person needs to do is choose to avail themselves to that trust, which starts with believing it's available to them.

The immense, eternal treasure in Jesus, activated by faith in Him is unfathomable!

As I read the Hebrews 12 passage below, I'm always struck at what seems to be communicated.... the joyful anticipation Jesus had of the transformation of many souls into the family of God. His focus as He endured the trials, the cross, the humiliation, was our future good. All because of his willing, selfless act according to the will of God the Father. Wow! What incredible, mind blowing love!

So, as a believer in Jesus, knowing all He's done, this encourages me....

...And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.

Hebrews 12:1-2

For any who've not come to faith in Jesus yet you still have time today.

Are you a sinner? Do you feel the weight, the burden of sin? Is it too much to bear?

Listen, the rest of Hebrews showcases one person after another of the wonderful trophies of God's infinite mercy, shown to those who simply believe in Jesus.

God uses our conscience and awareness of our sin to drive us to His mercy in Christ:

For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone.

Romans 11:32

For those who think they are beyond God's help, read the testimony of one who thought he too was the worst sinner:

This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all. But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. All honor and glory to God forever and ever! He is the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies; he alone is God. Amen.

1 Timothy 1:15-17 - The Apostle Paul, used mightily by God.

Pat

Amen!! Praise the Lord!

I love how one pastor put it, that God used Jesus' death to attach all the world's sin to, so that by Jesus' willingly laying down His life in death, salvation is made possible for all......in His resurrection.

So, as I understand, those....in Christ, the body of Christ by faith in Jesus, share in His death and resurrection. Believers become fully connected to Jesus, His death and being raised to life.

Only God's death on the cross, as God the Son, could possibly be full payment for the sin of the World. The cross shows the great seriousness of sin (with the justice of God in punishing sin) and the great merciful love of both Jesus and God the Father who sent Him (with Jesus taking that punishment in our place). That they both were lovingly united in purpose to bring redemption to all who believe in Jesus. God did all the hard work and made the way easy for us through simple, trusting faith in Jesus. That's incredible love!

It's like learning that one has a large family trust available to them. One that was put together especially for them out of the hard work of another who loves that person. All that person needs to do is choose to avail themselves to that trust, which starts with believing it's available to them.

The immense, eternal treasure in Jesus, activated by faith in Him is unfathomable!

As I read the Hebrews 12 passage below, I'm always struck at what seems to be communicated.... the joyful anticipation Jesus had of the transformation of many souls into the family of God. His focus as He endured the trials, the cross, the humiliation, was our future good. All because of his willing, selfless act according to the will of God the Father. Wow! What incredible, mind blowing love!

So, as a believer in Jesus, knowing all He's done, this encourages me....

...And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.

Hebrews 12:1-2

For any who've not come to faith in Jesus yet you still have time today.

Are you a sinner? Do you feel the weight, the burden of sin? Is it too much to bear?

Listen, the rest of Hebrews showcases one person after another of the wonderful trophies of God's infinite mercy, shown to those who simply believe in Jesus.

God uses our conscience and awareness of our sin to drive us to His mercy in Christ:

For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone.

Romans 11:32

For those who think they are beyond God's help, read the testimony of one who thought he too was the worst sinner:

This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all. But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. All honor and glory to God forever and ever! He is the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies; he alone is God. Amen.

1 Timothy 1:15-17 - The Apostle Paul, used mightily by God.
YES! May His light continue to burn brightly in you in this ever increasingly dark world. Heb. 10:24-25

Back