Are You Ready For Jesus’ Return?

fl2007rn

Our salvation is not determined on us knowing about bible prophecy and end times. But, it is greatly enhanced by it. People miss out on
so much when they aren't aware of it............but, they are still saved if they have committed their hearts and lives to Christ, and will rise to be
with Christ, along with us at the rapture. jmho
I believe the same way Kathy and you did an excellent job of describing it. If someone does not study Bible prophecy and look for Jesus to return they are really missing out! I day dream about Jesus returning all day long. It gives me great joy to think about the sound of a Shofar and meeting Jesus in the clouds! :meet

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I believe the same way Kathy and you did an excellent job of describing it. If someone does not study Bible prophecy and look for Jesus to return they are really missing out! I day dream about Jesus returning all day long. It gives me great joy to think about the sound of a Shofar and meeting Jesus in the clouds! :meet
Me. too. I can't think of anything more lovely. The :bibletells us think on whatever things are true, honest, pure, lovely, are of a good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Jaybird

We should Praise God for his deliverance out of this wicked place prior to the Tribulation!

Rev 3:10: Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Aiyanna

I'm ready!!! I was ready yesterday! All the yesterdays!!

Oh!!! So my hubby is Christian, but he never received much of an education on end time prophecy, how? I don't know. But the topic came up and I was explaining the rapture to him. He's definitely open to it, but he thinks it's all doom setting... I have to really fight back my overwhelming enthusiasm. I want to just fill his ears with all the endtimes Bible prophecy stuff.... Like an excited puppy "Let me at 'im! Let me at 'im!" But I'm trying to not go all crazy on him...... yet.....:hyper

Mama Bug

I don’t remember hearing about the Rapture. If I did I didn’t understand it. My dad did talk about the end times so he very well could have mentioned it. I learned about Bible prophecy by reading the Left Behind series. He was convinced that the end would come in his lifetime or in mine for sure. I hope he was right. I don’t want to be here. I’m ready to go. I can’t wait to be with Jesus and get to see my dad again.

daygo

I wish we'd all be ready. Also, I'd wish He'd come NOW. Wouldn't it be neat for other people to see you get raptured? Would leave a lasting testimony to the witnesses.
Hmm got me thinking, people actually seeing us raptured, you'd think it must happen because of all the people in the world they'd be some that'd be talking and looking at whoever at the time they'd seeing and shock them

heisable2

Hmm got me thinking, people actually seeing us raptured, you'd think it must happen because of all the people in the world they'd be some that'd be talking and looking at whoever at the time they'd seeing and shock them
I've read so many different things about how it'll be for Christians to be raptured. Will their clothes remain behind in a big heap on the ground or in their bed? Would wedding rings and another jewelry be removed and stay on the ground or wherever the person was raptured?

Suppose you're doing something that is normal activity, but private such as taking a shower, etc?

People get hung up on these types of ideas and they focus on it rather than understanding the real meaning of the rapture and why things happen the way they do.

Rocky R said "I
wish we'd all be ready. Also, I'd wish He'd come NOW. Wouldn't it be neat for other people to see you get raptured? Would leave a lasting testimony to the witnesses."

Which gets me to my final point. If a person's belongings remain on Earth, which I believe they will, I can imagine when Christians are on the street and witnesses see the Rapture happening they will take advantage of the situation and start picking up people's wallets and jewelry, etc.

Do I really care about this minutia? Curious maybe, but I'd be more curious about my surroundings and what they look like. And then again more minutiae such as do we get a chance to wave at the people below?

That was a silly thing to bring up. Our curiosity may have us focused on unimportant things rather than Jesus.

I went back and reread what I wrote and chuckled to myself why I was even thinking of those things. I was reading a section of Damond Duck's book The Book of Revelation the smart guide to the Bible series. On page 31 he was talking about Jezebel and wolves in sheeps clothing. Those false teachers will try and influence Christians and others about untruths and keep them from being a true follower of Jesus. Damond said 'that when this happens true believers should not follow them and if they make the mistake of following a false teacher they should repent."

It's going to be a lot of false teaching out there before and after the Rapture. The minutiae above is just a small piece of this teaching.

Lord keep our minds pure. Keep our spirits alert to false teaching and to not worry about how things are going to be. Jesus has it under control. We need to be careful of where we go to learn about the Bible.

Andy C

To be honest, I never really understood the need for a question such as “are you ready for His return”? Thats a question that was answered the second I became saved - yes. There is nothing I can do that could make me more or less ready than others. My ticket up was already bought and paid for, there is no “cancellation” policy.

Part of my enjoyment on this forum is the ability for us all share together in “speculation”. When you study prophecy, you quickly learn there are a lot of blanks that cant be 100 percent accurately filled in. However, when you study scripture, it does make your speculation a little more educated.

Jojo4124

I've read so many different things about how it'll be for Christians to be raptured. Will their clothes remain behind in a big heap on the ground or in their bed? Would wedding rings and another jewelry be removed and stay on the ground or wherever the person was raptured?

Suppose you're doing something that is normal activity, but private such as taking a shower, etc?

People get hung up on these types of ideas and they focus on it rather than understanding the real meaning of the rapture and why things happen the way they do.

Rocky R said "I
wish we'd all be ready. Also, I'd wish He'd come NOW. Wouldn't it be neat for other people to see you get raptured? Would leave a lasting testimony to the witnesses."

Which gets me to my final point. If a person's belongings remain on Earth, which I believe they will, I can imagine when Christians are on the street and witnesses see the Rapture happening they will take advantage of the situation and start picking up people's wallets and jewelry, etc.

Do I really care about this minutia? Curious maybe, but I'd be more curious about my surroundings and what they look like. And then again more minutiae such as do we get a chance to wave at the people below?

That was a silly thing to bring up. Our curiosity may have us focused on unimportant things rather than Jesus.

I went back and reread what I wrote and chuckled to myself why I was even thinking of those things. I was reading a section of Damond Duck's book The Book of Revelation the smart guide to the Bible series. On page 31 he was talking about Jezebel and wolves in sheeps clothing. Those false teachers will try and influence Christians and others about untruths and keep them from being a true follower of Jesus. Damond said 'that when this happens true believers should not follow them and if they make the mistake of following a false teacher they should repent."

It's going to be a lot of false teaching out there before and after the Rapture. The minutiae above is just a small piece of this teaching.

Lord keep our minds pure. Keep our spirits alert to false teaching and to not worry about how things are going to be. Jesus has it under control. We need to be careful of where we go to learn about the Bible.
Great thoughts to ponder! Personally, I dont think I'll be waving to ppl on Earth as I go up in the Rapture...my eyes will be on Jesus I think...no one else will matter to me at that moment, no offense to those left behind...

MikeD

I remember a Christian Brother of mine once tell me - if you're driving down the highway and hear the trumpet blasts IMMEDIATELY pull your truck off to the shoulder to make sure it doesn't go thru anyone once you're gone!!

Hearing so many say we are so close! Soon very soon we'll be gone. I mentioned considering "soon" to Jesus "soon" could be a thousand years! So just how "close" are we?

Some time ago I had started thinking about getting into trading. Here lately the Holy Spirit has been putting on my heart - you're going the wrong way with this trading. You really don't completely understand what all will take place when the Rapture does come. But in a moment's time you'll be so caught up in Jesus all that other "stuff" won't even matter!

This was a MAJOR revelation to me. Once the Rapture does occur things of earth will be eternally forgotten. I simply prayed Lord help me to keep my mind and my heart fixed in You! All He said was - at a moment's time when you least expect your mind and heart WILL be ETERNALLY fixed on God the Father Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit! All else will be gone. He went on to say - forget "soon". It truly will be happening at a time you don't expect and will IMMEDIATELY take you away from the foolishness and wasted things of this world. Allow yourself to concentrate on the joys awaiting you once in the Father's house.

It truly is soon. Probably even sooner than I actually believe! At least that is what I pray for...

Jaybird

I think everyone on this forum is aware that we are truly seeing a convergence of signs coming together that without a doubt point to the formation of a OWG that through technology will be able to exert a total control over the population of the world. I agree with you in that it may be sooner than we think as the "birth pangs" seem to be increasing by the day. The sooner the better! Maranatha!

alisani

I'm ready!!! I was ready yesterday! All the yesterdays!!

Oh!!! So my hubby is Christian, but he never received much of an education on end time prophecy, how? I don't know. But the topic came up and I was explaining the rapture to him. He's definitely open to it, but he thinks it's all doom setting... I have to really fight back my overwhelming enthusiasm. I want to just fill his ears with all the endtimes Bible prophecy stuff.... Like an excited puppy "Let me at 'im! Let me at 'im!" But I'm trying to not go all crazy on him...... yet.....:hyper
I was fortunate in that my mil was my spiritual teacher and was also that for her son. Honey, I will pray God take him so much deeper into His mysteries so that you both can be on that same spiritual page together and what a comfort it will be! You've submitted every aspect of your life to God, may you have that fullness with all those who are dear to you! :hug

alisani

I think of it too and there are people I love who have not accepted Jesus and I hope that whoever I am around when the trumpet sounds, they know exactly what they've seen and they fall before Jesus.

Neohistory

Lately I have been thinking about what my bema seat judgement will be like. It’s hard to think about the “wood, hay and stuble” being burnt up before me. I believe there will be some gold, silver, precious stones, so in these last days I’m focusing on what I can do till in that twinkling of an eye moment, and I’m standing amongst the clouds, beholding Jesus Christ in all His glory with my brothers and sisters in Christ rejoicing.

John 20:28-29 KJV

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Sissy

I was just teaching my 7 yr old grand daughter about the rapture 2 days ago and was telling her about Jesus coming in the clouds and calling us to "come up hither" and we would hear the shofar. I took her to yt so she could listen to the shofar. Pop and I took her for a ride in the mtns and she kept commenting about how beautiful the clouds were and she could just see Jesus coming back in them for us. The sun was just beginning to set and the clouds were beautiful. She hummed the shofar in the backseat all the way home. We are so blessed!

daygo

I was just teaching my 7 yr old grand daughter about the rapture 2 days ago and was telling her about Jesus coming in the clouds and calling us to "come up hither" and we would hear the shofar. I took her to yt so she could listen to the shofar. Pop and I took her for a ride in the mtns and she kept commenting about how beautiful the clouds were and she could just see Jesus coming back in them for us. The sun was just beginning to set and the clouds were beautiful. She hummed the shofar in the backseat all the way home. We are so blessed!
Beautiful.