Are You Ready For Jesus’ Return?

heisable2

I am absolutely ready. I am hoping to receive the crown that awaits those of us who long for His appearing. I am thinking there are many true Christians who are not watching.
How can Christians not be watching? If they are true believers then they should know to keep their eyes looking up.
So are these Christians in name only? Was it the pastor of their church that led them astray?

Now that I think of it there are people that call themselves Christians just because they go to church on Sunday. They listen to their pastor and they think that they're being a good Christian.

But I'm not here to judge because I am not a fake Christian. I'm a tried and true Christian who loves my Lord Jesus Christ more than anything in the world. I try to live for him everyday and to be his hands and feet wherever I go. I pray each day that the words that I say will not fall on deaf ears.

And I keep my eyes looking up waiting for the day when I can answer the call when he says come hither. And up I go into his arms forever and ever. Thank you Lord for my faith in you because you have never failed me and you never will.

Today I pray for all of this so-called Christians that need to dig deeper into the Word. I pray for the pastors who are so-called teaching their flock about Jesus but not giving them the whole truth. Why are these pastors afraid to speak the truth? Are they afraid of making waves or enemies of their flock? There are many that are like them and I pray that these pastors and their flock will reach for the truth before it's too late. It's not too late because Jesus could come tomorrow and take us home. They don't want to be left behind. They don't want to be the last person in their Church to be left behind and wonder what was it that they missed. Now's the Time to get it right with the Lord because He's never late.

heisable2

That's OK. That is the problem writer's have sometimes is trying to get out what they are trying to say. I do think the article could be worded better to avoid the confusion. I had issues with being able to write what I was thinking in my mind, so I just quit writing articles. :lol
Say what? I love your writing Chris. Don't quit and don't ever think that you are confusing people. Because I know from what I've read of your writings that if someone were to call you on any confusion you would explain.

Now is not the time to quit. Onward Christian soldiers...

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
How can Christians not be watching? If they are true believers then they should know to keep their eyes looking up.
So are these Christians in name only? Was it the
Not all Christians are watching. There are different levels of sanctification. Some Christians are carnal and some are babies. Some pastors teach the Rapture and from what I understand, some do not. Some think that the Bride will go through the trib. I can't call them Christians in name only....if they believe, then they are saved.

Andy C

So are these Christians in name only? Was it the pastor of their church that led them astray?

Now that I think of it there are people that call themselves Christians just because they go to church on Sunday. They listen to their pastor and they think that they're being a good Christian.

But I'm not here to judge because I am not a fake Christian. I'm a tried and true Christian who loves my Lord Jesus Christ more than anything in the world. I try to live for him everyday and to be his hands and feet wherever I go. I pray each day that the words that I say will not fall on deaf ears.

And I keep my eyes looking up waiting for the day when I can answer the call when he says come hither. And up I go into his arms forever and ever. Thank you Lord for my faith in you because you have never failed me and you never will.

Today I pray for all of this so-called Christians that need to dig deeper into the Word. I pray for the pastors who are so-called teaching their flock about Jesus but not giving them the whole truth. Why are these pastors afraid to speak the truth? Are they afraid of making waves or enemies of their flock? There are many that are like them and I pray that these pastors and their flock will reach for the truth before it's too late. It's not too late because Jesus could come tomorrow and take us home. They don't want to be left behind. They don't want to be the last person in their Church to be left behind and wonder what was it that they missed. Now's the Time to get it right with the Lord because He's never late.
So you believe one who does not know prophecy is a CINO? Does one have to believe in a pre trib rapture to be a “true” Christian?

Did you know only about 10 percent of Christians regularly read the bible, and far less than that study prophecy? Does that make them CINOs - Christian in name only?

TimeWarpWife

I'm disappointed every morning when I wake up and I'm still here, so I'm definitely ready for Jesus to call His bride home. I've been ready for so many years, I have no attachments to this world, I'm ready to go right this secon....I waited to put the "d" at the end of "second" hoping Jesus would call us home before I finished it. Nope, still here, still wanting to go Home. :smile2

Jojo4124

There are a lot of nominal Christians...like many in RCC. Every person wont have anyone to blame but themselves if they dont open the Word n obey it for themselves. There are many wolves in church leadership but the sheep wont recognize them if they neglect the Word. Me too, I pray these wake up n seek God n His Truth!!

heisable2

So you believe one who does not know prophecy is a CINO? Does one have to believe in a pre trib rapture to be a “true” Christian?

Did you know only about 10 percent of Christians regularly read the bible, and far less than that study prophecy? Does that make them CINOs - Christian in name only?
Why are you chastising me?

At one time I was Catholic and did not know about the rapture. I felt I was a Christian but in name only.

All prophecy was foreign to me because the priests did not speak about it. Again , I guess I was a Christian in name only.

So CINO are out there. I'm not one of them any more. Thank you Lord for your grace.

Jojo4124

I

I dont believe salvation hinges on knowing prophesy, just godly repentance, accepting Jesus' payment, confessing...and bearing the Fruit of the Spirit that grows out of abiding in the Vine...a relationship with Him. Jesus said we can discern who is a "real Christian" vs a wolf by seeing if their fruit bears witness to them obeying God...if a person calls themself a Christ follower but hates someone, the love of God is not in him. Ppl who steal, kill, and destroy show fruit of following their father, satan. We are told not to discern ungodly men's behaviors because sinners sin. But we are told to discern whether a person who calls themself a Christ follower consistently (not perfectly) obeys God by loving Him and others with His kind of love. Its how I understand it...

Andy C

Why are you chastising me?

At one time I was Catholic and did not know about the rapture. I felt I was a Christian but in name only.

All prophecy was foreign to me because the priests did not speak about it. Again , I guess I was a Christian in name only.

So CINO are out there. I'm not one of them any more. Thank you Lord for your grace.
Maybe my wording could have been better, but my point is salvation does not hinge on someone being a watcher. I think it's easy to forget that us members on this great forum are the extreme exception, as we deeply study prophecy, whereas most preachers never teach it, most Christians seldom even think about it.

Jaybird

Maybe my wording could have been better, but my point is salvation does not hinge on someone being a watcher. I think it's easy to forget that us members on this great forum are the extreme exception, as we deeply study prophecy, whereas most preachers never teach it, most Christians seldom even think about it.
Let us look at what the Bible says In revelation 1: 3

"Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near."

At a certain level I agree that believing in the Rapture and the Tribulation is not a salvation issue per se, but why does the Scripture say that those who read and take it to heart will be blessed? Blessed in what way? Based on what we read in Revelation of the seven churches mentioned there is only one that has no major issues. The other churches will go through the tribulation. Just a thought to ponder.

Andy C

Let us look at what the Bible says In revelation 1: 3

"Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near."

At a certain level I agree that believing in the Rapture and the Tribulation is not a salvation issue per se, but why does the Scripture say that those who read and take it to heart will be blessed? Blessed in what way? Based on what we read in Revelation of the seven churches mentioned there is only one that has no major issues. The other churches will go through the tribulation. Just a thought to ponder.
For me, within days after I was saved, I was lead to study prophecy, and have done so since then. However, not all are called to do so.

1 Corinthians 12

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

kathymendel

My thoughts - and mine alone - are that we, when we become Christians, grow at different paces and rates.
Some really get into the bible for themselves and they grow quicker. Some, not so much, so they grow at a slower rate.
Also, we have to remember that becoming "watchers on the wall" is a calling from the Holy Spirit. Not all believers have that
calling.............. There is a special crown for studying prophecy and watching, and not everyone gets that crown.

I personally, accepted Christ at ten years of age.......... my parents moved me from one state to another shortly thereafter, and
they never took me to church again. Consequently, I did not grow much in my child-like faith until I was an adult, married and
had children. Then, I took myself and my kids to church and began to grow. I was twenty-eight years old when I began to hear
about bible prophecy and heard Hal Lindsey at our church. I know the Holy Spirit called me at that time to be a watcher, and I continued
to read and learn more...........for years, until I found Rapture Ready and had a real growing spurt. So, because of my own background, I am
not quick to judge people if they have not reached that point.

Our salvation is not determined on us knowing about bible prophecy and end times. But, it is greatly enhanced by it. People miss out on
so much when they aren't aware of it............but, they are still saved if they have committed their hearts and lives to Christ, and will rise to be
with Christ, along with us at the rapture. jmho