Are you ready for Christmas?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I wrapped the gifts I've gotten last night. I probably need to find one more thing for my oldest daughter and maybe another something for one of our guests... I haven't written a Christmas letter yet... usually I would have sent one out by now. Haven't received any either so I guess I'm not the only one.

alisani

I wrapped the gifts I've gotten last night. I probably need to find one more thing for my oldest daughter and maybe another something for one of our guests... I haven't written a Christmas letter yet... usually I would have sent one out by now. Haven't received any either so I guess I'm not the only one.
What's a Christmas letter? Like a round robin of family news or just a letter about our Reason for the season?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
What's a Christmas letter? Like a round robin of family news or just a letter about our Reason for the season?

Kind of like a greeting card, but a letter instead. I share news about the family and share the gospel, and often write a little about what's coming, so when unbelievers who read the letter see those things happening... maybe they'll turn to the Lord.

alisani

Kind of like a greeting card, but a letter instead. I share news about the family and share the gospel, and often write a little about what's coming, so when unbelievers who read the letter see those things happening... maybe they'll turn to the Lord.
That sounds absolutely lovely! I hope you feel inspired to send one out this year! God knows we all need the gospel, whether we're believers or not!

Around here, a good portion of the family is within a small radius. I could go to the back pasture and yell and about half my family would hear me. Of course dh says it's because I am skilled in...um...projecting my voice. :whistle

Last edited:

Lastcall

I guess I'm never quite ready for Christmas until I've gotten up, put the gifts under the tree, then gone back to bed. I used to get up in the middle of the night but now that the kids are grown up I just put the gifts under the tree before I go to bed... I tend to live one day at a time because that's all I can handle. My two boys are coming home just a few days before Christmas and each is bringing a guest so we'll have 8 in the house. We'll go to a hot springs on Christmas Eve, that's something we've done most years, but other than that one mostly stays indoors when it's as cold as it is here this year. Hopefully our guests will get to see the Northern Lights and a moose or two while here. I'll probably give our supper meals a little more thought as a blessing to our guests.
Did you knock before entering the ladies room, yelling “man on deck”?

Psalm37v4

Merry Christmas to all!
Just had a well meaning friend send me a video on how Christmas is a pagan holiday and that if you put up a tree, use ornaments, etc. you're actually worshipping idols. :rolleyes::oops: They were also calling Jesus "Yehashuah" and similar names. Personally I didn't have a tree up or decorated one in years, but Mom wanted it. I'm sure Mom is secretly worshipping idols by doing so (NOT).
Anyway....hope yall have a BLESSED CHRIST-MAS!

cheeky200386

Christmas seems so far away thinking of all the things that still have to come before then. It seems like so much has happened even politically that I can imagine we have a lot more to see before the Fall even starts. This year has been crazy. This week has been awesome with all the SCOTUS rulings!!

MapleLeaf

Oh, I am content that Christmas is in December. Other than listening to music outside the season from time to time I love keeping it special. I hate that stores bring stuff out earlier and earlier because it takes away from the specialness of the season and it brings out the scrooges and grinches who want to grumble and be sourpusses come December. I'm all about the decorations and cookies and treats. This past year I didn't do cookies other than the one recipe my husband really enjoys because of stress. But that's my philosophy on the Christmas decors and "traditions". They're just meant for fun and if you're not up to doing them then don't! They're not necessary for the spirit of Christmas because it's all about Jesus. The one year we were redoing the floors in our house so I didn't decorate at all and we still had an awesome Christmas.

And since Christmas 2020 I have left up my wall-hanging of the nativity because 1) it is really pretty and 2) was so depressed with lockdowns and not having church at the time nor seeing anybody at all for months on end that I needed to be able to look up and see Jesus to cheer me up. I also leave out my Christmas village that I recently started to collect because after I got my first piece 3 years ago I was just too sad to see it packed away so I never did. (last Christmas I bought myself a tiny nativity set for the village so it's all proper and ready to go)