Are you noticing food inflation?

Jojo4124

So I didn't realize that The Dollar Tree (everything $1) now charges $1.25 per item til I checked out...

The coffee beans we like went up $3 per bag. Cottage cheese containers are the usual price but smaller containers.

How are food prices near you?

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
So I didn't realize that The Dollar Tree (everything $1) now charges $1.25 per item til I checked out...

The coffee beans we like went up $3 per bag. Cottage cheese containers are the usual price but smaller containers.

Food prices everywhere have gone up including items at Dollar Tree are $1.25 here, but that isn't too bad. I love buying items at Dollar Tree.

cheeky200386

Last time gasoline prices got this high, there was a lag of about 6 months, then a lot of food prices doubled and tripled because of the increase in shipping costs. Inflation, I'm afraid, is just getting started.
I agree. I think it's going to so much worse by summer time. I'm trying not to get scared as I think about feeding my son. God knows what we need. This will surely test my faith.

RobinB

Everything is up in price, but I really noticed yesterday when I left Wegman's. I like to buy their prepackaged, vacuum sealed meats so I have them when I want them (my hubby doesn't like most meat.) When I checked the receipt later I saw the brisket package that I thought would be $7-10 had cost $15.99. :oops: Going to eat that brisket really sloooowly.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Yep noticing both fuel and foods is going up in the land of Oz.

For average quality steaks from Coles it costs $30 a kilo , shelves in stores are mostly empty and the freakish floods that by the grace of God have finished on the eastern half of the country are probably going to contribute to more price increases for food etc

caligal

We go to the commissary about every 2 to 3 months. This time our bill was $100 more than last time, but we bought a lot of meat. We got a nice pot roast for under 8 bucks and all the ham products I wanted. I also got various sausages too and stew meats also and a nice pork shoulder with a good fat layer.

LoudRam

This week is the first time I spent $80 to fill my truck. It never cost me that much before and I had a 1/4 tank to start with. Thankfully I work close to home. A tank will last me a couple of weeks. If I have to I could always drive my wife's Journey. That's got a 4 cyl in it but it's no where near as much fun to drive as my truck. It's smiles per gallon not miles per gallon.

penbrat

We basically get the same groceries every week. Our bill has gone up more each week and we don't even eat much meat. The small local owned diner where I eat lunch at a couple of times a week but it is still having trouble getting help and food from covid and shortages. The owner told me the last time I was in there that she was going to have to raise her prices again and she had tears in her eyes. This is going to decimate businesses who were just now trying to come back from covid

Pat

I hate to go down a slightly different rabbit trail here but have we considered others needs besides what it is costing us in this inflationary period? I am thinking particularly of the needs of those laboring in spiritual matters, supplying our spiritual needs ( elders, teachers, pastors, "full time" ministers) whom we are told are worthy of double honor and that we are to minister back to them physical supply. We should not muzzle the mouths of those who tread the grain. I was led this week to ask the Lord if He would have me increase my giving by the current rate of inflation (20%?) and He said yes to me. I'm not suggesting you increase your giving, but have you asked Him about it? Maybe He will tell you to cut back. I think instead of assuming we "should" give this much or that much %, we should ask Him what we should do. He doesn't need our money, He wants our hearts. "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19 Also, pause and take a look around at who God might have you minister to in the church, then family, neighbors, enemies. This might be a time of the world seeing Jesus in us and a time of great harvest in those who do. He became poor so that we should be rich. "lay not up treasure here where moth and rust doth corrupt, but lay up for yourselves treasure .in heaven... For where your treasure is, there shall your heart be also" Be encouraged saints. Look to Him. Walk by faith. Be Blessed. Have a wonderful day of fellowship.

Pat

I hate to go down a slightly different rabbit trail here but have we considered others needs besides what it is costing us in this inflationary period? I am thinking particularly of the needs of those laboring in spiritual matters, supplying our spiritual needs ( elders, teachers, pastors, "full time" ministers) whom we are told are worthy of double honor and that we are to minister back to them physical supply. We should not muzzle the mouths of those who tread the grain. I was led this week to ask the Lord if He would have me increase my giving by the current rate of inflation (20%?) and He said yes to me. I'm not suggesting you increase your giving, but have you asked Him about it? Maybe He will tell you to cut back. I think instead of assuming we "should" give this much or that much %, we should ask Him what we should do. He doesn't need our money, He wants our hearts. "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19 Also, pause and take a look around at who God might have you minister to in the church, then family, neighbors, enemies. This might be a time of the world seeing Jesus in us and a time of great harvest in those who do. He became poor so that we should be rich. "lay not up treasure here where moth and rust doth corrupt, but lay up for yourselves treasure .in heaven... For where your treasure is, there shall your heart be also" Be encouraged saints. Look to Him. Walk by faith. Be Blessed. Have a wonderful day of fellowship.
And I meant to add that although a full time minister, I do not receive any salary or remuneration. Blessings.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We basically get the same groceries every week. Our bill has gone up more each week and we don't even eat much meat. The small local owned diner where I eat lunch at a couple of times a week but it is still having trouble getting help and food from covid and shortages. The owner told me the last time I was in there that she was going to have to raise her prices again and she had tears in her eyes. This is going to decimate businesses who were just now trying to come back from covid

About a month of so ago my wife and I went to a popular place for breakfast. We just order basic stuff like bacon and egg breakfasts. When the bill was $40 before the tip and no sales tax, I didn't say anything, but inside my brain I decided: enough. I was supporting sit down places that opened up during the whole COVID thing, now I'm just staying home or using a coupon at McDonalds...

DWB

This week is the first time I spent $80 to fill my truck. It never cost me that much before and I had a 1/4 tank to start with. Thankfully I work close to home. A tank will last me a couple of weeks. If I have to I could always drive my wife's Journey. That's got a 4 cyl in it but it's no where near as much fun to drive as my truck. It's smiles per gallon not miles per gallon.
Nothing like a HEMI, 8 pistons the size of coffee cans going up and down. Horsepower the old fashioned way.