Are You Concerned About Your Left Behind "Stuff"?

KariH

Unfinished projects, clutter you've been meaning to organize, a pile of that something that you've dumped in a back room away from the eyes of visitors. I know it's not logical (and my husband delights in pointing that out) but I would feel a great deal of embarrassment if I knew the rapture was going to happen before I got the house presentable. Even knowing I'll be gone, in a MUCH BETTER place, I cringe at someone breaking in and going through my stuff. I guess I must be a little off my nut :loco but I can't stand the thought of the house being messy when someone comes looting. Maybe the more logical thing would be to make it super messy so they have to really work at finding anything of value. :pound

Among that "stuff", though, are two cats and a bird that I hope someone rescues so they don't have to starve to death. I'll admit to being prone to worry, but misery loves company and I'd like to think I'm not alone. Please tell me I'm not the only one with at least some level of concern about their belongings post rapture. My husband points out, rightfully so, that there's no point in worrying or being embarrassed about it because we won't be here, but knowing you shouldn't worry and not actually worrying are two very different things.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I feel bad for my cats. Two indoor that someone will probably take. Four outdoor that I hope someone has pity on and feeds. But then I feel dumb for even thinking like this because the cats won't survive the tribulation anyway.
Have a left behind letter that I hope is found before the looting starts. Have put that out in plain view.
Looting my stuff, well, have at it. Don't care except I hope the Bibles end up being read.

Goodboy

On my way up!
Unfinished projects, clutter you've been meaning to organize, a pile of that something that you've dumped in a back room away from the eyes of visitors. I know it's not logical (and my husband delights in pointing that out) but I would feel a great deal of embarrassment if I knew the rapture was going to happen before I got the house presentable. Even knowing I'll be gone, in a MUCH BETTER place, I cringe at someone breaking in and going through my stuff. I guess I must be a little off my nut :loco but I can't stand the thought of the house being messy when someone comes looting. Maybe the more logical thing would be to make it super messy so they have to really work at finding anything of value. :pound

Among that "stuff", though, are two cats and a bird that I hope someone rescues so they don't have to starve to death. I'll admit to being prone to worry, but misery loves company and I'd like to think I'm not alone. Please tell me I'm not the only one with at least some level of concern about their belongings post rapture. My husband points out, rightfully so, that there's no point in worrying or being embarrassed about it because we won't be here, but knowing you shouldn't worry and not actually worrying are two very different things.
While I don't really care about someone seeing my house messy or seeing things that I have not completed, however there is a reason I would like it to be welcoming and in good shape. This is because unsaved family, friends and neighbors might have use of my house and things when I am gone and I hope they would be happy with how I left it.

Lovin Jesus

I don’t think about stuff that will be left behind. I let go of earthly things, don’t even desire them. The only things that have come to my mind thinking about post rapture are the unsaved and sometimes I wonder what will happen to my dog and whether I will ever see him again.

InsuranceGuy

Let someone else clean my garage searching for stuff. lol. I have never once thought of anything left behind.

Anewcreationinjesus

Come Lord Jesus!!!!!!
Well this house is a madhouse with 2 under 16s and a constant heap of notes and books and toys and more notes more books and a constant run of dishes to wash and washing machine constantly on .....

Soooooo as much as I try a juggling act, it always feels like I'm chasing my own tail lol ....

kathymendel

Deb and I keep a clean and pretty well organized house. The garage and my walk-in closet............eh......... need some work.
But do I worry about it? Heck, NO!!! If the rapture happens all of my kids and some of my grandkids and "greats" will go with me.
The grandkids who remain - and, any extended family who remain - can have whatever we leave behind. And, they can darned
well clean that garage and my closet to get to the good stuff!!!!! :lol ;)