Are we seeing Gog re-enslave Magog?

The Saint

I had always seen Gog as Russia since it was in the uttermost north of Jerusalem. Magog was the satellite states. If this is the case, are we seeing God retake Magog ? Does anyone think this will stop with Ukraine? is this just a prelude to prophecy.

PS, I also think the Gog Magog war could happen before the Rapture. I'm no Biblical scholar, but It always felt like something we would see.
~~just my opinion. I'm not married to it.

daygo

I had always seen Gog as Russia since it was in the uttermost north of Jerusalem. Magog was the satellite states. If this is the case, are we seeing God retake Magog ? Does anyone think this will stop with Ukraine? is this just a prelude to prophecy.

PS, I also think the Gog Magog war could happen before the Rapture. I'm no Biblical scholar, but It always felt like something we would see.
Start of something but will be cautious in my thinking.

katt

Me too..

GHoe

The pinned thread above in this section titled "Russia's day of destruction in Israel" was a good read and for being initially published in 1988 and revised in 1997. It is still very on point and informative. Too bad the author died(2012), another revision would be worth a read for sure. I often think that of J. Vernon Mcgee as well. I use his "Thru The Bible books from the 1982 for my Bible studies and he was spot on about then and today and he died in 1988.. wild

Wings Like Eagles

The rabbis say that "Gog and Magog" is just a generic term for any leader/nation that comes against Israel.

Wings Like Eagles

As Gog is mentioned in more than one event that takes place at different times, I believe the title belongs to a fallen angel and then rests on the shoulders of whomever that fallen angel is working through.
Yes. Personally, I don't think Ezekiel 38 will happen till after the Rapture, if it is Russia that is being referenced. There is one simple reason why I say this. The atheism of the Soviet era has been rejected by the Russian people and, according to relatively reliable surveys, 90% of them self-identify as Orthodox Christians. Even the U.S. would not attack Israel and there is a significantly smaller percentage of Americans who self-identify as Christians. No matter how much the Dems rail against Israel, there is no way that the American people would ever go for attacking Israel. Once the Rapture happens, who knows what would take place then?

athenasius

As Gog is mentioned in more than one event that takes place at different times, I believe the title belongs to a fallen angel and then rests on the shoulders of whomever that fallen angel is working through.
That is absolutely my take on it too. The human might age out and die, with replacements galore over the centuries, but the entity behind the nation remains the same. Which we see in Daniel where the angel explains about the Prince of Persia, and the Grecian Prince.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
This thought is supported by Gog and Magog being summoned by Satan to attack the New Jerusalem after the Millennium. I doubt any of Putin’s descendants will be included in the assault. Of course, if we can spot Kermit and Miss Piggy in the attacking forces, we can assume that some puppet states may have survived.

what about animal or the muppet that randomly yells "Mana Mana" LOL ?

They'd be more intimidating than kermit or Miss piggy

pixelpusher

I had always seen Gog as Russia since it was in the uttermost north of Jerusalem
Recently listened to an episode of Jan Markell's where she was talking with Barry Stagner, he pointed out something that never crossed my mind, on a flat map, Russia is north, but if you pull a string from Israel through the North Pole on a globe, you run right through Turkey.

daygo

Recently listened to an episode of Jan Markell's where she was talking with Barry Stagner, he pointed out something that never crossed my mind, on a flat map, Russia is north, but if you pull a string from Israel through the North Pole on a globe, you run right through Turkey.
Sorry but don't understand what your saying, doesn't mean anything to me could you please explain more thanks.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Magnetic north or physical north?

Back