Are We on the Verge of the Tribulation?

Jojo4124

I believe we’re not supposed to speculate on this forum on who will be the AC or FP, but I definitely do not think the FP will be the pope. When he and many, if not the majority of the RCC are left behind, who would follow him again when he would have to abandon the RCC, and form another “religion“?
Chrislam perhaps

Jojo4124

Will there be atheists in the tribulation? I’m sure at the start, but I have wondered at times, how will they react to the AC claiming he is god? I get this isn’t really something most consider important to think about, but If they refuse the mark that isn’t enough right? They have to decide that Jesus is their savior to actually be saved. Just denying the mark doesn’t make someone saved in the tribulation right?
I think God sends a delusion?

Andy C

I think God sends a delusion?
Yes, God will send them a strong deulsion and many will believe the lie that the AC is God, and they will take the MOB

2 Thessalonians 2

2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satanworks. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

NewWine2020

Will there be atheists in the tribulation? I’m sure at the start, but I have wondered at times, how will they react to the AC claiming he is god? I get this isn’t really something most consider important to think about, but If they refuse the mark that isn’t enough right? They have to decide that Jesus is their savior to actually be saved. Just denying the mark doesn’t make someone saved in the tribulation right?

That's a very valid point you make. I think there will ALWAYS be those who stubbornly refuse to conform or embrace ANYTHING other than themselves. If they die with no mark on them but have not accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and savior, thereby allowing his grace to cover their sin, then they may as well have taken the mark.

The USA alone has thousands of people who are "rugged individualists", survivalists, actual right wing/fascist/racist types (though they don't have anything like the power the liberal media ascribes to them) that I can see attempting to make a stand against the Global Community simply because they refuse to bow down to anyone or anything and have no use for either the AC OR the Christian God.

Neohistory

That's a very valid point you make. I think there will ALWAYS be those who stubbornly refuse to conform or embrace ANYTHING other than themselves. If they die with no mark on them but have not accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and savior, thereby allowing his grace to cover their sin, then they may as well have taken the mark.

The USA alone has thousands of people who are "rugged individualists", survivalists, actual right wing/fascist/racist types (though they don't have anything like the power the liberal media ascribes to them) that I can see attempting to make a stand against the Global Community simply because they refuse to bow down to anyone or anything and have no use for either the AC OR the Christian God.
Very interesting, I didn’t think about that

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
I know that I shouldn’t be, but I’m stunned by how common atheism has become. I’m also stunned at how hateful and vicious many atheists are.

I don’t understand how anyone could go through life as an atheist, and experience any joy. If there is no loving Father God, and all His wonderful promises for our future eternity, I could never feel joyful about anything.

katt

I really don't think that will be possible...the mark or the lack there of is what separates the believers from the non-believers.. especially since the refusal to take said mark keeps one from eating...and if caught..living...when faced with this choice, the ones that are out for themselves will give in and take the mark..they really won't care that they will have to worship anyone or anything...they will just want to eat and stay alive...anyone that has been at war will tell you .when push comes to shove .there really are no atheists in fox holes..this goes for all life threatening situations....once they accept the mark..they will change.. everything about them will change....those that refuse to the end.. of their lives or the trib itself.... will either be a Tribulation Saint that has lost their lives or a surviving believer that will be able to step into the millinium and start living the lives they have been looking forward to for seven years..the Bible itself says all those who took the mark were to experience eternal damnation...no one that has refused the mark will be in that group..and those who refused the mark get to populate his kingdom..(paraphrase)...meaning no one without the mark will be an unbeliever.. therefore no one populating the kingdom will be an unbeliever as they will not have taken the mark..it really can't be more clearer than that..

lismore

I know that I shouldn’t be, but I’m stunned by how common atheism has become. I’m also stunned at how hateful and vicious many atheists are.
True! Also in my Christian experience I have always been shocked at how the front line of the battle between the Kingdom of God and the enemy, it's not outside the church somewhere, it's in the church! Much of the church don't believe anything near the truth. Much of the 'church' are actively working for the enemy. But it means we're in the last days and that the Lord has chosen us to remain faithful, keep standing for the truth, until he comes. As the famous line in the book of Esther, we were chosen for such a time as this. God Bless :)

Neohistory

I really don't think that will be possible...the mark or the lack there of is what separates the believers from the non-believers.. especially since the refusal to take said mark keeps one from eating...and if caught..living...when faced with this choice, the ones that are out for themselves will give in and take the mark..they really won't care that they will have to worship anyone or anything...they will just want to eat and stay alive...anyone that has been at war will tell you .when push comes to shove .there really are no atheists in fox holes..this goes for all life threatening situations....once they accept the mark..they will change.. everything about them will change....those that refuse to the end.. of their lives or the trib itself.... will either be a Tribulation Saint that has lost their lives or a surviving believer that will be able to step into the millinium and start living the lives they have been looking forward to for seven years..the Bible itself says all those who took the mark were to experience eternal damnation...no one that has refused the mark will be in that group..and those who refused the mark get to populate his kingdom..(paraphrase)...meaning no one without the mark will be an unbeliever.. therefore no one populating the kingdom will be an unbeliever as they will not have taken the mark..it really can't be more clearer than that..
I wasn’t actually thinking along the lines of unbelievers in the tribulation going into the millennial reign of Christ. I have been back into reading revelation, and I can’t remember everything that it said before doing this, but I did locate this verse:
“Revelation 20
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.”

So my thought was devoid of this specific verse, but the truth is in scripture, and it states very clearly. If someone refuses the mark, then all those things apply. So refusing the mark is all about belief in Jesus, it’s impossible to refuse the mark but not believe in him. So if a person is atheist in the tribulation, they have 2 choices and that’s it. How foolish they really are if they reject Jesus, no amount of intellect can save them.

So yes, all believers going in to the tribulation will believe in Jesus Christ, But there will be those who refuse Jesus later on within the millennial reign, and where I might have gotten confused:

Revelation 20

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Last edited:

Neohistory

I wasn’t actually thinking along the lines of unbelievers in the tribulation going into the millennial reign of Christ. I have been back into reading revelation, and I can’t remember everything that it said before doing this, but I did locate this verse:
“Revelation 20
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.”

So my thought was devoid of this specific verse, but the truth is in scripture, and it states very clearly. If someone refuses the mark, then all those things apply. So refusing the mark is all about belief in Jesus, it’s impossible to refuse the mark but not believe in him. So if a person is atheist in the tribulation, they have 2 choices and that’s it. How foolish they really are if they reject Jesus, no amount of intellect can save them.

So yes, all believers going in to the tribulation will believe in Jesus Christ, But there will be those who refuse Jesus later on within the millennial reign, and where I might have gotten confused:

Revelation 20

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Then, verse 11, great white throne judgement

lismore

Apostasy in the church is a sign of the end times.
I agree. Furthermore the level of Apostasy, the acceptance even the celebration of Apostasy in the church is a sign that we're in the end of the end times. (For example the the two largest 'Protestant' denominations in Scotland are now celebrating SSM). Time to remain faithful and stand firm, even if we have to stand alone. God Bless :)

Jaybird

Yes, we need to stand firm! Reminds me of Ephesians 6:14-17

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Revelation 3:10
Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

The sin and apostasy gets worse by the day!