Are We on the Verge of the Tribulation?

SarahRose

@SarahRose

There’s been a lot in the media about UFO sightings from Air Force, Navy, etc, so I’m guessing this would be used as the explanation for the Church’s disappearance. Notice in the verse below “incorruptible and changed”, while in the process of being caught up to be with our LORD. Amen

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” (1 Corinthians 15:52)
Oh yes...good point. I can definitely see the alien/UFO thing being the case.

And what an amazing moment that will be, instantly with the Lord, and transformed. I get overwhelmed thinking about it (in a good way).

kathymendel

I truly believe that we have been watching major final pieces of the fulfillment of prophecy being put into place for a very long time.
Especially since 1948. But, I have been awestruck through the Covid epidemic, and both Trump an Netanyahu being removed from
their leadership positions in their respective countries, and Russia declaring war on Ukraine. But, now, the current evil pope stepping down???
This opens the door for the final pope who fills in the satanic trinity for the tribulation period! All I can say is, "WOW!!!!"
It just can't be too much longer before we hear that shofar blow and hear our Lord call out, "Come up hither!"

Lastcall

I truly believe that we have been watching major final pieces of the fulfillment of prophecy being put into place for a very long time.
Especially since 1948. But, I have been awestruck through the Covid epidemic, and both Trump an Netanyahu being removed from
their leadership positions in their respective countries, and Russia declaring war on Ukraine. But, now, the current evil pope stepping down???
This opens the door for the final pope who fills in the satanic trinity for the tribulation period! All I can say is, "WOW!!!!"
It just can't be too much longer before we hear that shofar blow and hear our Lord call out, "Come up hither!"
I believe we’re not supposed to speculate on this forum on who will be the AC or FP, but I definitely do not think the FP will be the pope. When he and many, if not the majority of the RCC are left behind, who would follow him again when he would have to abandon the RCC, and form another “religion“?

Jaybird

I read an article recently (don't remember where?) and the journalist was interviewing a cardinal in the RCC. The cardinal made some interesting observations about the current Pope. He mentioned that the Pope has been busy behind the scenes appointing people in high Church positions that agreed with his philosophy. Kind of like "stacking the deck." (Sounds like something out of Washington DC), Anyway, with all these people he is placing in these positions this will guarantee the next Pope will be just like him. We already know that he is a huge cheerleader for all the major religions to come together as one. Just look at the Abrahamic House of Worship. Here is a quote from their website: "The Abrahamic Family House will be a beacon of mutual understanding, harmonious coexistence, and peace among people of faith and goodwill. It consists of a mosque, church, synagogue, and educational center to be built on Saadiyat Island, the cultural heart of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates." This is most definitely the forerunner to the One World Religion!

If this not a sign of the end times? Waiting soon for the sound of the Shofar!

Neohistory

Ageed. Since we WON’T be here to find out, I sometimes wonder if the AC will lay blame on God for all the “bad stuff“ the first half of his tenure, then his fangs start showing and things get real. But I am sure he will start the purging of those left behind who have ideas of turning to God, and that would start quickly.
Sooooo many ways this can go, but the devil is NOT a good boy, so it will be ugly for sure.
Will there be atheists in the tribulation? I’m sure at the start, but I have wondered at times, how will they react to the AC claiming he is god? I get this isn’t really something most consider important to think about, but If they refuse the mark that isn’t enough right? They have to decide that Jesus is their savior to actually be saved. Just denying the mark doesn’t make someone saved in the tribulation right?

YallNeedJesus

I highlighted the entire book of Romans
Will there be atheists in the tribulation? I’m sure at the start, but I have wondered at times, how will they react to the AC claiming he is god? I get this isn’t really something most consider important to think about, but If they refuse the mark that isn’t enough right? They have to decide that Jesus is their savior to actually be saved. Just denying the mark doesn’t make someone saved in the tribulation right?
Well, we know God sends a strong delusion to them that they would believe the lie. So in my opinion that will change the mind of any atheist during the tribulation. And the turmoil the earth sees during this time will make them curse God. So I guess I’d say that everyone will understand exactly what they’re doing and will not refuse the Mark for any reason other than commitment to Christ as their Savior.

daygo

Well, we know God sends a strong delusion to them that they would believe the lie. So in my opinion that will change the mind of any atheist during the tribulation. And the turmoil the earth sees during this time will make them curse God. So I guess I’d say that everyone will understand exactly what they’re doing and will not refuse the Mark for any reason other than commitment to Christ as their Savior.
Good point.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
They have to decide that Jesus is their savior to actually be saved. Just denying the mark doesn’t make someone saved in the tribulation right?

Here's what Jack Kelly says:

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/are-tribulation-believers-saved-by-grace/

Q
Can I know if the tribulation saints are saved by grace through faith in Jesus like the church or by their ability to endure and keep their faith to the end or by enduring and keeping their faith based on the eternal gospel announced by the angel. Are the Jews who survive the Great Tribulation judged based on their faith in the coming messiah or their ability to endure to the end?

A
Everyone is saved by grace through faith in the Messiah because no one can meet God’s behavioral standards. Even the most obsessive keeper of the Law had to rely on the death of the Messiah to attain salvation. His death was a gift by the grace of God, available to all who believe, and essential for salvation.

The phrase “He who stands firm to the end will be saved” (Matt. 24:13) means that post-Church believers, whether Jew or Gentile, will not have the blessing of eternal security like the Church does. Instead of having God accept the responsibility for making us stand (2 Cor. 1:21-22), they will will be responsible for maintaining their own faith.

Rev. 14:12 follows the introduction of the statue of the anti-Christ and the world wide command to take his mark. It says, “This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who keep God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.” Patient endurance means standing firm to the end.

Whether Jew or Gentile, salvation will come to the post-church believer as a result of keeping God’s commandments and remaining faithful to Jesus. Knowing that no one can keep the commandments to the level God requires, they will have to remain faithful to the belief that Jesus died to save them from the penalty due them for their failure.

Love His Appearing

Good point. But, like GHoe, I wonder what lie Satan will use to convince people that it wasn't the rapture.
Sadly, I think there will be many religious leaders left behind who will add to the confusion by saying, "See, I am still here. It can't be the rapture."

I also believe that people who were on the fence and been having seeds planted all along will drop to their knees and become believers on the spot. Although I can't imagine the pain in that, I find comfort in it.

SarahRose

I also believe that people who were on the fence and been having seeds planted all along will drop to their knees and become believers on the spot. Although I can't imagine the pain in that, I find comfort in it.

“And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (Revelation 7:14)

Yes!! This is so comforting

welkin

These proclaim the gospel during the first half of the tribulation:

And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.” (Revelation 7:4)

“And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.” (Revelation 11:3)

“And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,” (Revelation 14:6)

welkin

“And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.” (Revelation 7:4)

“And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.” (Revelation 11:3)

“And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,” (Revelation 14:6)
“O Israel, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity.” (Hosea 14:1)
“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.” (Joel 2:32)

“He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.” (Micah 7:19)

“And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.” (Zechariah 13:9)

Lastcall

“And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.” (Revelation 7:4)

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.” (Joel 2:32)

“He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.” (Micah 7:19)

“And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.” (Zechariah 13:9)
For me, many of your posts are a bit confusing. You post some scriptures that have nothing to do with the topic of the OP, or you post scripture that maybe you meant in response to another members post. It might help if you post something besides a random scripture, or at least preface your verse with how you believe it is applicable to the topic at hand. JMHO

welkin

@Lastcall

I hope you are all well this LORD’s day.

Please allow me to clarify in reference to post #118. Yes I knew I was stepping out of bounds as far as “Verge of Tribulation” thread is concerned. Previous questions in this thread having to do with Daniel’s 70th week were the purpose of my post which divides into three parts.

1) Preaching of the gospel of the kingdom of God. Revelation 7:4, Revelation 11:13, Revelation 14:6.

2) Israel’ condition. Hosea 14:1.

3) The conversion of Israel. Joel 2:32, Micah 7:19, Zechariah 13:9.

As far as being “random scripture”, that is your opinion.

-Farewell-