Are We on the Verge of the Tribulation?

Mama Bug

How then does that figure in the understanding that he (antichrist) has the authority to enter in to that 7 year agreement with Israel, the very thing that marks the beginning of the Tribulation period?
He would be allowed to continue for 42 months. If I’m wrong on that let me know. I don’t have my Bible in front of me right now so I could be confused

glc11

I also believe we will see the NWO before the rapture..and maybe even persecution of the believers in America..Jesus said perilous times..and to keep looking up..the perilous times have finely reached our shores..worse than the depression....it is only a matter of time before persecution comes here as well..it has never stopped for our brothers all over the world...if your spiritual walls aren't built..start building them..if they are.. strengthen them...now days..those walls can not be strong enough...
I pray no. this is the stuff that makes me shudder with fear. I don't think I can handle living with the NWO.

GHoe

I have a question but first, I've always envisioned the rapture as an event where we are caught up (wholy) to include our bodies and we physically disappear, along with our soul / spirit.

But lately, I've been thinking that we won't dissappear but that our spirit will be caught up in the twinkling and will be comformed to our new bodies.

I'm curious as to others thoughts.

I can see if our bodies are left behind how satan could use that to deceive the world (and possibly even people aware of the rapture) to sell it as they died of the latest virus or a bio weapon. And by doing that, the rapture and its imminence that we've been preaching/sharing fades away as mere lore to those who don't recognize what had actually occurred. (Again too much time on my hands ;))

soundingthealarm

Fleethewrath2come
I have a question but first, I've always envisioned the rapture as an event where we are caught up (wholy) to include our bodies and we physically disappear, along with our soul / spirit.

But lately, I've been thinking that we won't dissappear but that our spirit will be caught up in the twinkling and will be comformed to our new bodies.

I can see if our bodies are left behind how satan could use that to deceive the world (and possibly even people aware of the rapture) to sell it as they died of the latest virus or a bio weapon. And by doing that, the rapture and its imminence that we've been preaching/sharing fades away as mere lore to those who don't recognize what had actually occurred. (Again too much time on my hands ;))
Enoch did not leave behind a body

welkin

Matthew 10:28

“Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.” (1 John 3:2)

Andy C

Good point. But, like GHoe, I wonder what lie Satan will use to convince people that it wasn't the rapture.
Why would satan have to convince anyone it was not the rapture? Those left behind are the unsaved, and the majority would not believe it had anything to do with the church or a God they dont believe in. However, those who had family members planting seeds, and telling them about the rapture to come, will quickly come to realize what happened and drop to their knees and repenting and confessing Jesus as their Savior.

SarahRose

Why would satan have to convince anyone it was not the rapture? Those left behind are the unsaved, and the majority would not believe it had anything to do with the church or a God they dont believe in. However, those who had family members planting seeds, and telling them about the rapture to come, will quickly come to realize what happened and drop to their knees and repenting and confessing Jesus as their Savior.
I'm sorry, you're right. I guess I worded it wrong. A better way to say it would be, I wonder what people will choose to believe has happened.

welkin

Matthew 10:28
“In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” (2 Corinthians 4:4)
@SarahRose

There’s been a lot in the media about UFO sightings from Air Force, Navy, etc, so I’m guessing this would be used as the explanation for the Church’s disappearance. Notice in the verse below “incorruptible and changed”, while in the process of being caught up to be with our LORD. Amen

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” (1 Corinthians 15:52)