Are These University Students or Babies?

Wings Like Eagles

Students at Eastern Illinois University were given two days off from classes in order to play with puppies, colour pictures, have tricycle races, play board games and build Lego structures in addition to getting free ice cream and "international desserts" along with tea (which they called their "Divers-i-tea"). This was a festival of "mental health days" because the pandemic restrictions have upset them so much. I wonder what the WWII generation would think about this? The WWII generation suffered through the eight years of the Great Depression. (Many of them weren't able to afford enough to eat and later laughed that they were hungry all through the Depression and then rationed during the War--so no wonder they got fat after the War). They then went off to four years of war, not knowing if they would ever return to their families. I think they would be very sad to see what has become of their great-grandchildren.:cry https://www.thecollegefix.com/unive...ff-to-play-with-puppies-color-ride-tricycles/

Wings Like Eagles

More like cry babies. I see it all the time with the 20 year olds that come for counseling. It's sad and I just want to smack them out of their pity parties.
Part of the problem is that most have been brainwashed with leftist nonsense all the way through academia. A recent report from mental health professionals said that at least half of all leftists are mentally ill. My experience with that age-grouping is that they are very confused--spiritually, most of all. The young people who are healthy have rejected leftist nihilism.

JamesSuth

Our students would love that (sadly!). I work for a university and the madness of the students, and the staff is beyond belief. They are not happy though, they spend their entire lives feeling they are disadvantaged and oppressed (or that they are a white, male - or female, middle class 'oppressor' - they genuinely are consumed by guilt).

Thankfully we are children of God. We are blessed and grateful, not guilty, for every good thing that God gives us. And in the future we will have even more spiritual and physical blessings that are beyond our imaginations.

cheeky200386

Part of the problem is that most have been brainwashed with leftist nonsense all the way through academia. A recent report from mental health professionals said that at least half of all leftists are mentally ill. My experience with that age-grouping is that they are very confused--spiritually, most of all. The young people who are healthy have rejected leftist nihilism.
That is true. I see the same and it's sad.