Are the two witnesses on earth at the same time as the scorpian demonics are released?

Len

Are the two witnesses on earth at the same time as the scorpian demonics are released? the reason I ask is that if I reason correctly (not that it matters) but they are told not to hurt those with the mark of God but only those on the other team ...... meaning those saved are sealed for God? but I thought it was a works based salvation during the tribulation ...... just asking is all. Thanks

Sowen

I don't know if the two witnesses will be on Earth at the time of the demonic locust things, but I do know the sealed refer to the 144k Jewish evangelists, not the Tribulation saints in general or the two witnesses. We can know the sealed refers to the 144k because Revelation 7:4.

As for works-based salvation, I don't agree with that view because salvation has always been by faith alone; never by works.

Andy C

As for works-based salvation, I don't agree with that view because salvation has always been by faith alone; never by works.
It will not be salvation through belief only for the tribulation saints. The Holy Spirit will no longer be sealed in the new believers, and they will have to maintain their faith until the end. In the below, Jesus is referring to the tribulation. In Verse 13 he tells them to stand firm until the end, which is something the church does not have to do now, because we are saved by our faith. For the church, yes its faith alone, never by works, but the church will already be in Heaven.

Matthew 24:7.
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

Edited:

Sowen

I used to believe Tribulation salvation was faith+works, but as I understand it now, perseverance to the end to be saved to means physically saved, not spiritually (salvation) saved. That is, the return of Christ halts the extermination of humanity, so those at the end are literally physically saved. This squares with the theme of salvation by faith alone that runs throughout Scripture.

Len

I used to believe Tribulation salvation was faith+works, but as I understand it now, perseverance to the end to be saved to means physically saved, not spiritually (salvation) saved. That is, the return of Christ halts the extermination of humanity, so those at the end are literally physically saved. This squares with the theme of salvation by faith alone that runs throughout Scripture.
Then what about those who make it through the trib alive but do not have faith in Jesus?

Sowen

Then what about those who make it through the trib alive but do not have faith in Jesus?
The passages that call for endurance are only to believers. The unbelievers are implored to repent throughout the Tribulation, but we know they all won't because when we return with Christ, He will speak and slay the unbelievers who rally with the unholy trinity (Satan, the Antichrist, and the false prophet) at Armageddon to fight against God, and then He will judge the remaining unbelievers who are alive then cast them out as He sets up the millennial kingdom.

Revelation 16:16, Revelation 19:11-21, Matthew 25:31-46

Andy C

Matthew 25:
The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.
32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Andy C

The passages that call for endurance are only to believers. The unbelievers are implored to repent throughout the Tribulation, but we know they all won't because when we return with Christ, He will speak and slay the unbelievers who rally with the unholy trinity (Satan, the Antichrist, and the false prophet) at Armageddon to fight against God, and then He will judge the remaining unbelievers who are alive then cast them out as He sets up the millennial kingdom.

Revelation 16:16, Revelation 19:11-21, Matthew 25:31-46
Sorry, I did notnotice you posted the same before I posted.

Last edited:

antitox

According to the way the Bible lists what happens the locusts are in ch 9 and the two witnesses in ch 11. I tend to think that it is afterward. The Bible tells the witnesses are then to be killed, then rise afterward which will scare the willies out of everyone. It takes alot of peripheral study to place things in proper order.

Back